Thread: Shuttle & processors?

Thanks

Shuttle & processors?

Hi

I am going to upgrade my XP 1900+ et al to an athlon 64 (or prescott), etc in the new year and am intending to put my existing 1900+ and 512MB of Crucial in a Shuttle for a second PC (perhaps a HTPC setup or a linux box)

Anyway, which shuttle would I be best off purchasing to house these, (and from where?) and will it allow me to perhaps overclock my 1900+ a bit? (this is one of the original 2 year old uber hot ones). Would I perhaps be better off picking up one of those 1800+ based on the newer core and overclock one of those in my shuttle?

Thanks

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    heat = avoid it like the plague in a shuttle

I personally would put ya XP1900 and ya 512mb crucial (unsure of what speed it is, PCxx00?) into a Shuttle SN41G2B (why the B version? Well it looks the best in my opinion).

If your wanting to overclock, then go for the SN45G. But I personally wouldn't bother overclocking with Shuttle systems. I've never been keen on overclocking to start with, so i just wouldnt bother if you already know your CPU runs hot.

If money is tight... then you could go for the SK41G. They go for about £110 these days and are a very nice cheap barebone system.

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Yep good advice there, i'd just stick the processor and some PC2100 memory into a sn41g2, (i like my silver one thanks XTR

you've then got inbuilt graphics card if you want it, plus imo the g2 face plate is so much better than the SN45g or SK41g

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    Originally posted by XTR
    heat = avoid it like the plague in a shuttle

I personally would put ya XP1900 and ya 512mb crucial (unsure of what speed it is, PCxx00?) into a Shuttle SN41G2B (why the B version? Well it looks the best in my opinion).

If your wanting to overclock, then go for the SN45G. But I personally wouldn't bother overclocking with Shuttle systems. I've never been keen on overclocking to start with, so i just wouldnt bother if you already know your CPU runs hot.

If money is tight... then you could go for the SK41G. They go for about £110 these days and are a very nice cheap barebone system.
    Well seeing as I dont want it for anything more than HTPC and Linux wouldnt the SK41G do?

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    yes

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

Thanks
    and am I right in thinking that this is the one you can put your own facias on?

The cheapest I can find it is ~£110 at OCUK.

I will probably buy in the new year... Do you envisage they will still be available then?

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    Originally posted by clipse
    and am I right in thinking that this is the one you can put your own facias on?

The cheapest I can find it is ~£110 at OCUK.

I will probably buy in the new year... Do you envisage they will still be available then?

I would imagine the cheapest is www.microdirect.co.uk

They usually have special offers on Shuttle PC's at weekends. Beat the clock

If ya anywhere near manchester, call into the shop and ya can pick them up at sub £100 now.

ohh.. and yeh ya can put ya own piccys on the fascia.

Thread Information