Hi guys...

Built a small PC over the last few weeks and had it running all day today whilst I was out to check for stability, I get back and it's crashed! So I restarted it. However, it wouldn't turn on, blue LED at front came on but no power! When I lifted the case and tried to reboot it, the CPU fan spun once then stopped. So I removed the CPU fan and it booted up! Got to windows logging on and got an lsass.exe(sp?) initlialising error.

Rebooted. Booted okay, got past the POST screen and then an error before I got to windows which was a system file problem, some system files were missing or corrupt and to insert Windows XP disc - unfortunately had to go out (now at gf's) before I could try the Windows XP disc, however if this worked, I'm sure it would only be temporary before it went wrong again.

The HDD was making a funny noise after a few restarts, and made the buzz/vibrating noise about 3-4 seconds after shutdown until it faded out, however now it doesn't make the noise at all.

I just really don't know if it's my PSU that is knackered, my HDD or both! Not really in a financial situation to replace both to be honest, although could wait until next month.

Spec is:

- EPIA M10000 motherboard w/ 1ghz VIA CPU
- 60w PSU
- 40gig laptop hard drive

That's it.

Cheers for any help folks. Very frustrating!

p.s. can the 1ghz VIA CPU's run w/o a fan? Fan is on as standard on te EPIA m10000 kit.