Thread: Graphics Cards Lengths

Jonty

Question Graphics Cards Lengths

Hi guys

I'm in the process of building a system (based around the Anniversary Edition Shuttle) and I need to know if there are any graphics cards that are too long to fit inside of Shuttle systems (esp. the model above, if it makes any difference)?

I'm aware of the difficulties with having the AGP slot next to the case, but it's the length that I really need to know about, as I may be able to get hold of an MSI GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, single-slot, for free - but I'm unsure whether it would fit length ways.

From some very rough guesses taken from photos, I think I should have around 25cm or so to play with before wires and components become an issue.

Anyway, if anyone has any direct experience, please let me know.

Thank you!

Thanks
    I know the Leadtek FX 5900 is just under 23cm if thats any help.

Jonty
    Thanks Gohan, that is helpful I've done a little more research and it seems that most of the single slot, high-end cards are capable of being placed inside Shuttles, but issues of heat, and the position of the molex connectors, is perhaps an issue.

I've just ordered the system, anyway, and I'm just sorting out the details of 5950, so I'll post how I get on just in case anyone's interested.

If anyone else has any comments, please feel free to post them

Thanks

Thread Information