Thread: Problem with BF1942

Thanks

Problem with BF1942

Ok I just installed battlefield 1942 today and whenever i click online, to go online and play it multiplayer, my whole computer just reboots. Its so god damn annoying when your uploading over 1GB in FTP and have to start all over again... grrr please help. It worked earlier today, i just setup crap on this computer too. Lets see, what did I do, have I changed anything settings wise, nope I dont think so, except I downloaded the latest bios and drivers for the motherboard and it flashed in windows. Thats the only thing to my knowledge. I have to re-upgrade it to win xp pro tomorrow or sometime too.
    Shuttle SB61G2 - P4 3.2ghz - GeForce FX 5950 - 512mb Corsair XMS Pc3700 - WD Raptor 36.7GB 10KRPM SATA - WD Raptor 74GB 10KRPM SATA - DVD/CDRW Combo Drive - External DVD-RW Drive - Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 GMX - Stealthed DVD

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    What patch you playing bf1942 with? There are some horrible bugs within bf, and it would help me to know which one your now on.

V1.31 caused my computer to crash to desktop till i deleted my custom profile and re-do one from scratch.

Another common error is forcing slow refresh rates. There is a video file where you can correct this, i can't remember what file as i'm at work, but i'll find out if you think its going to help.

Thanks
    TiG

Thanks
    Well...I am using the DFI LANParty PRO875 right... Hmmm I was just looking at a bunch of sites with my browser and talking to this girl who knows alot about computers I met in this chatroom, the computer JUST restarted again... Oh great.
    Shuttle SB61G2 - P4 3.2ghz - GeForce FX 5950 - 512mb Corsair XMS Pc3700 - WD Raptor 36.7GB 10KRPM SATA - WD Raptor 74GB 10KRPM SATA - DVD/CDRW Combo Drive - External DVD-RW Drive - Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 GMX - Stealthed DVD

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Royce,

Try doing a few things like memtest, maybe sisoft sandra burn in to see if you can locate what is going wrong. If it completely crashes the machine to the post screen i'd say its probably either, memory, psu or cpu causing the issue.

Software wouldn't usually drop to post screen in my experience, it would rather blue screen, Other things to check are the DRWatson errors.

load up DRWTSN32.exe and see where it stores the logs and check those too?

TiG

Thanks
    Ack alot of problems, the computer kept shutting down after 20 seconds of just in windows, i had to close every program running under my "Admin" account. Then I did a restore back to when I just setup this XP which waslike 5 hours before. Then it was running fine, i got zone alarm and all... Then I decided to upgrade to windows xp pro... omfg...blue screen errors everything just horrible, and once the first time i actually installed it all the way, as soon as I would boot it up, I couldnt even see the Windows screen it would beep then restart. God damnit I hate this rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish.... I formatted the hard drive then installed home again, nope no work, still gave me these errors and rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish... so i'm back on my p3 733mhz with a radeon 9800 haha.

Thread Information