Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plextor PX-760SA

Thanks
    One question..

Why they hell would you pay £70 for a plextor when there's an abundance of dvdrw drives at £20 now? Whats the big deal with plextors?

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans L View Post
    Smart Alec! I have been on the Internet for the last two months looking for stuff for my computer, and yesterday, looking for NEC. I went to several NEC sites, could not find anything else than the *support* site I mentioned earlier, and so on.

But don't think I sit on my hands just because I ask for help -- I continuously look for stuff (incl. NEC), but unfortunately, periodically, I have to work, and can then not spend time looking for that elusive NEC site that must be out there somewhere, where the company actually presents their optical drive products.

So, is someone actually knows this NEC site, please let me know (no, I am not asking that you look for me, just if you already know it).

Regards and thanks,

Hans L
    Keep your hair on

this is a damn good burner. I have one and it is quiet and fast....and cheap.

Thanks
    Richie, I have a Plextor and it is good. It was one of the bet when I bought it. I thought it was still the best. Obviously not, according to you guys. So, I'll look at something else. NEC, for instance.

Clunk, "Smart Alec" was said with a grin (I forgot the smile). I was not at all upset. (Hair still on.) I;ll look at your suggestion, and I will probably buy it.

Thanks
    Could not find a black ND-4570A, except on a a few sleazy places. The more reputable ones have it on back order (or so they say).

I'll wait. I have time -- have decided to take the plunge for once and install Vista right away in my new computer (yeah, I know -- I will learn a *lot*). However, it will not be available until Jan 31, 2007.

Thanks
    You can partition the hard drive and do a dual boot with xp, that way you have the best of both worlds. It works well, thats how i have mine at the moment.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    You can partition the hard drive and do a dual boot with xp, that way you have the best of both worlds. It works well, thats how i have mine at the moment.
    Great idea. Do you have Vista RC + XP or XP + an earlier Windows version?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Keep your hair on

this is a damn good burner. I have one and it is quiet and fast....and cheap.
    It seems as if every single black ND-4570A has been sold, and sellers are stuck with a slew of beige ones. I have looked everywhere for he black one - nil, nada, zilch ...

If anyone comes across a US dealer wit ha black one, please let me know. Canadian dealer too. Even UK -- but I have looked at UK Google -- because I have someone who can receive it in the UK (if the seller does not send to USA) and send it to me.

Thanks!

Hans L

Thanks
    there should be plenty of uk places with black ones, but maybe the US have different numbers for the same drives? wouldnt be the first time

Thanks
    Well, "BK" is part of the designation for the black one. I'll get on Google UK and try again, without the "BK".

Thanks
    Can't believe it -- put the info into Google UK and found Directron.com in Texas. They had a black one. Bought it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thread Information