Thread: PC Cases

Thanks

PC Cases

I'm looking to buy a new case for my pc to replace the boring old mesh one. at the same time i will probably invest in a water cooling system for the noise my pc gives is outrageous when im trying to sleep. what case would you guys recommend for me - something quiet, good looks, and very good cooling. i was looking at the Coolermasters, it states this is a 'standard atx' - will this be fine for my Asus A7V333 mobo - athlon xp 2200? what other cases would you guys recommend, or is this a good choice?

Thanks
    I have a lian-li PC-60 and am very impressed with it. With air it keeps my tbred xp1700 @ 2083 about 45ish underload.

Heard got things about coolmaster to

Your mobo, and cpu will be fine in a standard ATX case.

Will
    | XP1600-m | ASUS AN78X Deluxe | r9700 pro | 2x512mb pc37000 |

Thanks
    • streetster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7P55D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750 2.67 @ 4.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 2x1TB Drives [RAID0]
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2xSapphire HD 4870 512MB CrossFireX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Black Widow
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2311
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 50Mb
    coolermaster black widow is a nice case, and can be had for £82 + shipping on www.ebuyer.com, got one sitting next to me - its really shiney, and light, and has space for 4 cooling fans (which it comes with), - however most of the 'high-end' type cases, dont come with a PSU, which you need to factor into the price - say £40 or so for a decent one (i dont recommend any of the qtec ones as it seems people have problems with them),

alternatively, if you dont mind the weight, you could get a cheiftec (Dragon or scorpio) midi or tower (tower is a couple of inches taller, so easier for watercooling as you can mount the radiator in the space above the PSU... i have the cheiftec midi case, and i've just about managed to cram some water cooling gear into that (pump and res at the bottom, and the radiator mounted at the top where i had to cut a 120mm blowhole ). the cheiftec cases will also be cheaper as they are made of steel - mine also came with a psu, but not all of them do so be careful when choosing.

Mark

Thanks
    I just got a antec sonata piano black, very lovely very high qualtiy and got a antec trupower 380watt psu with it as well absolutely outstading value and also just upgraded my system and it's quiter then my dell pII 400, i'm now running a amd xp1800 with the stock HSF i got with it and cooler master preium thermal paste, cpu temp is currently 26c after 2 days continus use, outstanding.

apprx £90 plus shipping from overclock
    i5 | Antec Sonata 3 | 4 GB | OCZ Vertex | Spinpoint F3 | Windows 7

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    I'd agree with atifds9, Antec Sonata is a brilliant case. Nice shiny black finish and very quiet too. As well as the very good power supply (380w with 1 quiet fan) it has a 120mm fan at the rear and space for another at the front. It also has rubber grommets on the hdd enclosure and the rear fan for added quietness.

The only problem might be that you might not like the door, and the fact that it's a steel case (doesn't aid cooling very well).

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks
    another vote for the Sonata here. not an outstanding looker, but quiet and well thought out.

only real dissapointment would be it doesent hava a removable mobo tray. and is a bit cramped if u have tons of parts to fit in.

but I still would recommend it purely on its quietness

Thanks
    So do you guys not like the coolmaster wavemaster? why it has such great looks, and are coolmaster not known for quality? ive already got a powersupply and everythiing, im just swapping into a new case. i can use my powersuply cant i? or is there some special fitting for coolermaster?

Thanks
    Just got a CoolerMaster Wave Case. Awesome case! With air, on an AMD XP 3200+, I'm at about 50-52C under load but my house is hot and I've got to clean up the wiring in the case.

Also, most standard ATX PSU will work just fine with the WaveMaster Case.
    Last edited by cyrn; 10-12-2003 at 08:10 PM.

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks
    I saw the coolermaster wavecase in black recently.

now thats one sexy looking case in my eyes

Thread Information