Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is DFI LanParty UT RDX200CF-DR so cheap?

Thanks

Why is DFI LanParty UT RDX200CF-DR so cheap?

It costs only 30quid at OcUK while DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D still cost around 100. What makes this price difference? I read the review of RDX200CF-DR and it seems like a decent board with good overclocking potential

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    oops
    Last edited by Clunk; 17-05-2009 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Thanks
    I knew you are coming Clunk

So you think they are all returned items? If that is correct then looks like the board itself isn't that reliable, hmm..

Thanks
    No idea to be honest, I have seen quite a few people on here with problems with them. As I have said many times, it isnt worth the risk, especially as it will cost you around £18.50 to check if it is faulty or not (postage).
    stupid betond belief.

Thanks
    You maybe right, but they are one of the official DFI dealer Clunk so why can't they just send back all duff ones instead of selling them at cheap price? I don't know how things work between manufacturer and dealer but I believe you get full refund when you return faulty ones, don't you?

Thanks
    When you buy something from overclockers, they DO NOT refund the postage charges even if the item is DOA. So for example, they charge you around £11 for city link to drop it off DOA, then you have to fork out for special delivery (around £7-£9) to send it back, and they will not refund the delivery charges.

DFI boards have a return to base (netherlands) warranty, but this has nothing to do with your statutory rights if the board is DOA.
    stupid betond belief.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    When you buy something from overclockers, they DO NOT refund the postage charges even if the item is DOA. So for example, they charge you around £11 for city link to drop it off DOA, then you have to fork out for special delivery (around £7-£9) to send it back, and they will not refund the delivery charges.

Clunk that may have happened to you but when I sent back a Tagan PSU that was knacked on arrival they refunded the delivery charges to me

Aren't they obliged legally to refund the charges

Thanks
    It has happened to a lot of people, I wouldnt go on about it otherwise

According to "Rob" at overclockers, in August this year, they implemented a system whereby the postage charges are on a seperate system to refunds, and any refunds for postage have to be actioned seperately, meaning that you have to actually notice that they havent refunded you for the postage, then wait in a queue on their national rate number to be told that they have already done it when they havent.

Im not sure on the legality of refunding the charges. They did refund the price of the item, but that is it.
    stupid betond belief.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post

DFI boards have a return to base (netherlands) warranty, but this has nothing to do with your statutory rights if the board is DOA.
    What I meant was why can they just send faulty boards back to DFI? They are officially dealing with them so if they do that they'll either get their money back or get replacement straight away, don't they? I see no reason why they have to sell out/rid of faulty boards(if they really are)on thier side especially at cheaper price?
    I remember ebuyer also didn't return delivery charges when my GC arrived DOA. Only place I usually get full refund is dabs. So I think this is not OcUK specific problem?

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    with dfi boards you are supposed to send the board direct to them if its faulty unless within the first 28 days i sent my old nf3 250gb back to dfi they were great took tehm 2 weeks from me sending it to holland or germany cant remember which to get it back fixed

also ocuk do refund delivery charges and postage costs back but you have to ask them and stick postage receipt in the package you send back i bought a b-grade ic7 max3 for a friend and they had taken all the coolers off of the northbridge etc phoned them and they refunded the lot even return postage cost

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by notsobig View Post
    What I meant was why can they just send faulty boards back to DFI? They are officially dealing with them so if they do that they'll either get their money back or get replacement straight away, don't they? I see no reason why they have to sell out/rid of faulty boards(if they really are)on thier side especially at cheaper price?
    I remember ebuyer also didn't return delivery charges when my GC arrived DOA. Only place I usually get full refund is dabs. So I think this is not OcUK specific problem?
    Lets say that you buy a motherboard, and it works, but you find a better one for cheaper elsewhere and choose to send it back, that is the kind of stock I mean, or stock that has been returned and allegedly been tested as ok and sent out again as new.

Most decent places will send a courier to pick up any doa parts, or will at least refund you for the postage if it is within the first month, nevermind the first week.

At the end of the day, it is a £30 motherboard, which is potentially problematic, from a place that potentially wont refund £18 worth of postage charges, and even if you opt to return it to DFI for a repair, it will still cost you around £12 for your trouble.
    Last edited by Clunk; 17-05-2009 at 03:07 PM.
    stupid betond belief.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danroyle View Post

also ocuk do refund delivery charges and postage costs back but you have to ask them and stick postage receipt in the package you send back i bought a b-grade ic7 max3 for a friend and they had taken all the coolers off of the northbridge etc phoned them and they refunded the lot even return postage cost
    Not any more they dont. They blatantly lie to you on the phone that the refund has been actioned when it hasnt, this happened to me several times before I left it to my bank's card services dept to recover the money.
    stupid betond belief.

Thanks
    Ah, I see, I got you this time. Silly me But as long as the thing works I don't really mind if it's new or used especially if you can get one for as low as 30quid. It's DFI and CF board, usually it cost's lot more, isn't it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by notsobig View Post
    Ah, I see, I got you this time. Silly me But as long as the thing works I don't really mind if it's new or used especially if you can get one for as low as 30quid. It's DFI and CF board, usually it cost's lot more, isn't it?
    Go fer it then
    stupid betond belief.

Thanks
    • Hasnath's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus PSWDH
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4x1GB Ballistix 8500
      • Storage:
      • 2xWD 320KS(RAID0)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PNY 9800GTX 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 580W U22
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster ATC110
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP L2045W
      • Internet:
      • BE 21MB
    ive got one coming on thursday, for a build for my brother. Fingers crossed now after reading this thread

Thanks
    As an answer to the thread, the board is so cheap as the southbridge it possesses has rather poor performance in some aspects (namely USB2 transfer rates in particular).

It's not a bad board, and at that price it's a pretty cracking deal - even if it does turn out to be B-grade.

Bear it in mind by all means, as the potential for trouble is there, but don't be entirely put off by Clunks (increasingly tiresome) cynical attitude. You may be unlucky as he and others apparently were, but we've not all had the same treatment he mentions at every given opportunity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information