Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Onboard sound...?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    335
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Onboard sound...?

    Hi all

    ive recently purchased a highend 5.1 system and was just wondering whether to buy a sound card..?

    i am currently using the onboard sound built into my ASUS NCCH - DL would i notice an improvment with a standalone card..?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,056
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked
    725 times in 459 posts
    YES! if you want to plug your pc directly into your AV amp, get an Auzentech card, they are pretty awesome at what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    335
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    dont spose youve got a linky...?

    *EDIT* just had a look at their website dont suppose you know anyone that stocks these..?
    Last edited by sTrAnGeFrUiT!; 02-01-2007 at 03:40 PM.

  4. #4
    Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,056
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked
    725 times in 459 posts
    I got an email from Auzentech a few weeks back and they said they had signed a new deal with a big uk distributor and stock should be in all the major retailers from november/december onwards. Maybe they are running late

    http://www.lambda-tek.com/components...&prodID=B65663

    thats the top of the range one there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

  5. #5
    Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,781
    Thanks
    1,608
    Thanked
    3,036 times in 2,465 posts
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    Quote Originally Posted by sTrAnGeFrUiT! View Post
    Hi all

    ive recently purchased a highend 5.1 system and was just wondering whether to buy a sound card..?

    i am currently using the onboard sound built into my ASUS NCCH - DL would i notice an improvment with a standalone card..?

    Thanks
    Depends what your onboard chip is. If it's one of the newer HD ones then no, you won't necessarily notice much improvement.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    335
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    Depends what your onboard chip is. If it's one of the newer HD ones then no, you won't necessarily notice much improvement.
    im pretty sure its not as it came out in 2004
    also its a server board so i doubt asus took sound into mind when designing the board

    Conclusion

    A new sound card it is

  7. #7
    Senior Member this_is_gav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,846
    Thanks
    175
    Thanked
    254 times in 216 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    I got an email from Auzentech a few weeks back and they said they had signed a new deal with a big uk distributor and stock should be in all the major retailers from november/december onwards. Maybe they are running late

    http://www.lambda-tek.com/components...&prodID=B65663

    thats the top of the range one there.
    I'd snap one up instantly if they did one with a breakout box (need quick access to ins and outs). I'm really, really starting to dislike Creative recently.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    335
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    I'd snap one up instantly if they did one with a breakout box (need quick access to ins and outs). I'm really, really starting to dislike Creative recently.
    Love to

    but its all about the money.....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Asus P4C800 Deluxe onboard sound
    By Stephen C in forum PC Hardware and Components
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-04-2005, 05:57 PM
  2. A7n8x-e deluxe onboard sound question
    By hurricon in forum PC Hardware and Components
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 06:00 AM
  3. SFF FAQ And Drivers - Updated 13th June 2004
    By XTR in forum PC Hardware and Components
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •