Thread: Sound problems

Iam
    Registered+
    Thanks

Sound problems

I've got a 2 or 3 year old Cambridge Soundworks 300, 6 speaker set, can't find any online documentation for it.

It has 3 jacks - black, orange & lime. I'm using the SoundStorm chip on my ASUS A7N8X deluxe m/board for sound.

Anyone know how to connect them &/or set up the SoundStorm software to get sound from all speakers? Only the 2 left & right ones, & the subwoofer work now, the other 3 just hiss.

On my I/O interface back plate, I've got the lime jack into the lime
    input (the Line Out), & the orange jack going into the orange input (Mic), this leaves me with one black jack from my speakers that I don't know where to stick. I've tried every combination, & getting 3 sound sources right is the best I can manage.

Can anyone tell me where to shove the black jack?

Or how I should be arranging the 3 jacks for 6 channel sound.

BTW, downloaded the latest SoundStorm M/soft certified drivers using windows update, & all sound turned to crackle, & I got an error message whenever I tried opening the SoundStorm software. An hour or two, & 1 system restore, later I've got sound again, albeit only from 3 speakers & subwoofer.

Thanks
    I had this problem. I think i swapped the black and orange over. So the black cable was in the organe jack on the motherboard. and same for orange cable to black jack. That seemed to fix it

Will
    | XP1600-m | ASUS AN78X Deluxe | r9700 pro | 2x512mb pc37000 |

Iam
    Registered+
    Thanks
    Thanks, I'll try that (once I stop gaming )

Thread Information