Thread: Hush ATX - Some information

Thanks

Hush ATX - Some information

Hi there, 1st post so please be kind! And sorry for the long post too!

I've been after a silent, powerful and asthetically pleasing PC for ages now. This PC is to do a few things:
    - Games with all the trimmings (AA & AF)
    - Music storage (quality recording and playback)
    - Internet browsing
    - DVD playing & recording
    - more games!

The Hush ITX was released ages ago but it's as powerful as an Alba cd player (at playing UT2003 anyway) so it was a no-go.

I knew Hush were designing an ATX version and was waiting for that. Well, now it's released and after email tennis with Hush I'm a little put off. It's really expensive for a lump of (really nice) engineered metal and the same amount of cash can get you something a lot more powerful, although noisier.

There are no reviews of the Hush ATX yet as it's only just been released.

Here's some info if you're interested:
    - The maximum graphics card you (read Hush) can fit is a Radeon 9800SE AIW.
    - They are oblivious to the 'softmod' on the 9800SE as when I asked if the system could cope with the extra heat it may produce, they thought it meant 'downgrade'!
    - Since the height of the ATX is quite low, the AGP and PCI cards are on a riser card. This means 8x AGP is not possible, 4x is the maximum.
    - Feck around with anything inside (heatpipes, processor) and your warranty is null & void.
    -The maximum CPU is a P4 2.8Ghz 800Mhz, not too shabby, but don't even think about overclocking it!
    - The motherboard is a FIC P4M-800T, not the best, but not the worst.
    - The memory is PC400 from Memory Solutions. I would have prefered to see Corsair for the price tag.
    - The [optional] soundcard is a Creative Audigy 2 ZS, not the more desirable Platinum eX version (better 24/96 recording)

I don't mean to sound negative about this rare breed of PC, it just wasn't the be-all-&-end-all I was hoping for, especially for the £1,500* price tag!

Hush ATX configuration and price

For that kind of cash I could build monster of a pc, stick it away so I can't hear it and use it wirelessly.

But the Hush is the dogs nads.

I'm holding out until I read a review on it, see how it performs, copes with a Radeon 9800Pro, etc then make a decision.

What would you guys think?

*excludes VAT and possible import duties!

Thanks

^^ Bump!

Nobody got any comments or suggestions?

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks
    *excludes VAT and possible import duties!

Well that could set you back alot more than you think, personnally you could do alot more with nearly £2000 to spend on a dream machine

Thanks
    You're not wrong Scupa!

Without repeating myself, this pc was to do everything, yet be silent and blend in with the rest of my AV kit. Seems silence and power come at a premium.

In the new year I will be looking for heatsink manufacturers and heatpipe suppliers and have a go at building a case myself! That way there will be no compromising. Probably end up costing the same amount though..

Senile Member
    Thanks
    It looks very nice.

Should do too for the price!

Since its standard ATX why dont they sell it without a mobo etc.. or am i missing something?

DR
    Thanks
    We have one for review

Thanks
    Excellent news David, that's exactly what I've been looking for!

In what way are you going to be reviewing it? It's HCPC capabilities, gaming or a mixture of both? What spec is the one you are reviewing? More importantly, when are you publishing the review?

Thanks

^^ bump again!

David, I've got an idea for the review you might be interested in. I'll pm you with the idea.

Registered+
    Thanks
    i have a coke machine cool my pc....... it sounds like a truck in idle.... but i'm overclocked 575mhz over!! (2.575)

i think the wireless option would be best... just keep it within 10 feet of the mouse/keyboard get some usb wire extenders for cd rom and go to altex.com (if in america.....) and get a svga 10 ft' extention!! seems like a real pain tho....
    Last edited by Turtleshell; 16-12-2003 at 01:45 AM.

Thanks
    That's just it though, I don't want a huge coke machine (or pepsi either yuk!) in my living room, regardless of it's speed. It has to be discrete.

The remote option is worth looking into I agree. I'm not in america but I'm sure I can get a suitable vga cable here in the uk.

Registered+
    Thanks
    10-4
    how about a peltier?

Thread Information