Thread: Huge Condensation Problem!!!

Registered+
    Thanks

Huge Condensation Problem!!!

ok.... the two water lines are dripping with condensation, and the water block is also.......... any tips on how to make the water block not drip on my video card??

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    Turn the pump and pc off and check all the connections (hoseclips etc).

Did you leaktest the H2O system before you actually installed it?

Thanks
    are you chilling the water at all ?

if you are you need to increase the temperature slightly or you need might want to make sure that the cpu etc is actually heating the water up sufficiently that it isn't below the dew point.

If not then how is you water below ambient tempereature to create condensation ? if so check all your connections you may have a leak as indicated by others

If you are cooling the water etc your going to have to start looking at greasing it all up and sealing it off from air with foam etc

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Huge Condensation Problem!!!

Originally posted by Turtleshell
    ok.... the two water lines are dripping with condensation, and the water block is also.......... any tips on how to make the water block not drip on my video card??
    the word i want to emphasize here is condensation. my system is not leaking anywhere. the water lines are runing at 0º-4ºc because i am chilling the water with a coke machine. ive seen lots of comps with special chillers. is there a way to 1) mess with my chiller thermostat to keep it at 55ºf 2) do something to the lines to prevent drippage. i really want to avoid the foam idea.... my power supply has a fan in it!!
    Last edited by Turtleshell; 17-12-2003 at 06:58 AM.

Thanks
    if your running at anywhere near about 4degC then you are probably going to get the problem of condensation, it's an enevitable fact that with reducing the temperature of the water to below the dew point that you are going to get condensation

Now obviously there may be a way of tricking the coke machine into thinking that the water is slightly colder than it actually is and therefore with the slightly raised temp you'd get less chance of condensation. You might want to check out the actuall cooler a little more, has it got any thermo setting at all ? ie is there any way to raise the temperature (might have to take it's lid off to look at the electronics).

One quick thing I'll add before going any further, are you running a program to keep the cpu at a load level if you are running it 24/7 ? as that can often be enough to keep that water temperature just high enough and can always be closed if you want to use the machine.

But if you really want to utilise the full potential of that cooler your going to have to get a little messy, and also get the old craft knife out and get some insulation I love messin with stuff like that makes it all worthwhile.

neaoprene foams not to expensive and some pipe insulation is pretty easy to fit. The only proper way round condensation is to stop the contact of the pipes with the air so water can't be dropped onto the pipes and waterblock (metaphorical ofcourse). I've not messed with it for a little while but I'm sure I can dig a little bit of info up for you if you want.

Thread Information