Thread: Cambridge Soundworks dtt2200 problems.

Thanks

Cambridge Soundworks dtt2200 problems.

Hello all, long time no speak.

I recently got my PC up and running after a few months with a power supply change as my old one had burnt out after 4/5 years of use. Anyway, a few years ago when I upgraded from windows ME to windows XP my Cambridge Soundworks dtt2200 audio system stopped working properly. I've finally decided to avoid the problem and headphones by posting here to try and get it fixed (since you guys know your stuff.)

Whilst all 5 speakers and subwoofer used to work with ME, when I upgraded to windows XP things went a bit messy, and now only 2 speakers work, not sure which two from memory but basically all 5 aren't functioning and I've tried changing a few configurations around.

This is a problem I remember people complaining about when upgrading to XP or using speakers that were designed for operating systems before XP was released at all.

Heres some background info on the speakers (they are sure to have been discontinued as they were supplied with my pc in 2001).

Pictures.

http://www.3dnews.ru/documents/2755/dtt2200.jpg

http://www.compress.ru/Archive/CP/2002/1/33/2.jpg

http://www.3dnews.ru/documents/2755/...satellites.jpg

and a review.

http://www.digital-explosion.co.uk/i...p?articleID=62

I am sure this is not a hardware problem but a software problem such as configuration or drivers. If anyone has any idea or what I need to download software/driver wise I'll be very happy as they are still a great little set of speakers. Cheers!

Thanks
    What soundcard mate ?
    Sounds (excuse the pun) like its just not ouputting 5.1
    Have you installed the drivers for it, set it to 5.1 in the control panel and via any software which comes with the soundcard (if its a creative card, you have to do this)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    Yeah in the control panel Advanced Audio Properties are set to 5.1

The card is a ...

Does it need a driver update or something? Do I do it vera that or the creative site?

Thanks
    That’s just the basic windows driver. Im assuming that all your other devices on your system are using the ones that are included with XP ?
    If so, that’s bad - you need to update them to the official released ones for each part.
    This includes, but is not limited to:

Motherboard / chipset drivers
    Graphics card
    Sound card
    Any other 3rd party things for your PC, like TV cards.

That screen doesn’t say the exact model of the card (other than its in the Live! series), so its best to pop to http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/ and select the correct one
    At an educated guess, id say it was this one. But without knowing the exact card you have, I cant say for certain.

Once these are installed you will need to go and select 5.1 in both the control panel and the creative software (I recommend changing CMMS to "stereo" too, so that any 2 channel audio will be mirrored in your back speakers.
    The same goes for your graphics card / motherboard and anything else in your system.
    The drivers XP uses are nothing more than to get the system up and running, ready to be replaced by official ones.

Driver installations is probably *the* most basic thing that must be understood when installing a new version of windows. Have a Google for plenty of information and guides. Your system will suffer majorly if you don’t update them (and in some cases, just wont plain work).
    Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    Ok cool info.

I always update the drivers for my geforce 2mx.

But when I ran the software drivers from the cd I got with my pc a few years ago with xp it warned me of compatability issues and I proceeded anyway as was advised here.

Restarted the pc - none of the silly creative apps worked and sound was dead, pc was slow, bad situation.

Tried uninstalling in normal mode - crashed. Uninstalled in safe mode thank god.

Anyway I have 4 out of 5 speakers working now after all that so thats good.

Thread Information