Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can any1 confirm if my irqs are ok??

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    I can recommend the zalman passive nb heatsink and a couple of sets of ramsinks as a good alternative to the heatpipe setup, pretty cheap to do and works well.

Theres a free bootable cd iso version of memtest on the website.

Im still thinking the subtimings though

Old Fool!
    Thanks
    • EtheAv8r's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus V Gene
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K @ 4500 Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb
      • Storage:
      • 2 x Samsung EVO 850 SSD; 1 x Samsung 2TB HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GeForce GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S-12 650 Energy+
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2713H
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity II
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    I can recommend the zalman passive nb heatsink and a couple of sets of ramsinks as a good alternative to the heatpipe setup, pretty cheap to do and works well.

Theres a free bootable cd iso version of memtest on the website.

Here: http://www.memtest.org/ I have been running it on my ASUS Commando.....

EDIT: they also do a floppy version.... which I have used, or a USB stick version.... as well as CD
    Try to make each and every day the best it can be.

Thanks

DFI & ASUS merge!!!!!

Has he gone back to old rig???
    No he's into recycling Had to cut the one on sb a bit to ensure clearance from caps. but yjey are the best fit out of the collection i have including evercool, & vantec iceberg.

Need to get a couple of 3pin cables later, to attach to fan controls, as atm their connected to 4pin molex SO ITS PRETTY LOUD. Will also get some heatsinks for pwm. these look about the best but scan are outZalman ZM-RHS1 Passive VGA RAM (Memory only) Heatsink Kit Not sure where mobo sensor is but it's down 3C.

yes i think so too, but have just done the above as i was experiencing an increasing incidence of bsod's, without changing memory timings, which made me wonder if heat in nb/sb or pwm may be an issue as pc had been on all day ??.

Tha\nks for the Link EtheAv8r
    Have used Memtest86 for a long time but whilst it does have it's uses it's a blunt instrument. with my last g-skilll 600 LA & now with the cellshock the memory has passed all night runs only to cause errors such as i may have again here, when operating in windows. hci memtest is designed to run in windows so is testing in the right enviroment, the only weakness of the hci memtest is that it can't test alll of memory in a windows enviroment, so the cd compliments that anyway will see how it goes.

Will leave rig running 2xmemtest for the rest of the night & see how it goes, at least i'll have a lohg now of what happened if xp does go down.

Edit:Have moved temp sensor cables from Nb & SB to memory & PWM. Haven't put the ocz cooler back yet memory (idle) is showing 29C. PWM is 35C so would guess around 40C which isn't to bad.
    Last edited by Supershanks; 03-02-2007 at 02:59 AM.

Thanks
    Good work now thats dedication, 2 of the most annoyingly pitched chipset fans in the world!

Regarding the memtest errors, have you tried disabling the legacy usb in the bios?...cant remember if thats already been mentioned, but I think its an asus quirk.

On my old ram, I could run it at silly speeds in memtest with no errors, but it could fail orthos in minutes or sometimes hours. That did ease a bit when I fitted the zalman ramsinks.

And did you say that it will do orthos overnight at stock speeds?

Thanks
    Hi clunk,
    have you tried disabling the legacy usb in the bios?...
    No not tried that will do.

interestingly enough booted up again around 3 hours ago, am running memtest in background on low priority 2x800mb, while browsing posting etc., & touch wood have not had a glitch at all. Like i said around teatime the incidence of errors was definately increasing.

And did you say that it will do orthos overnight at stock speeds?
    No will do memtest86 overnight, ran it last week ran about 14-15 loops error free, but still failed in xp. Think there is only test 5 & 8 that come close to emulating a windows enviroment.

Cheers

Thanks
    Better day today:-
    overnight run of memtest ran 5.5hrs (was late 2 bed) ended with xp in a bsod, but zero errors found in 1440% coverage.

Rest of day have had occasional bsod but nothing like earlier incidence. Have reformated raid & will do a fresh install on there. The os has taken some hits in the last days, with errors crashes etc., It may be that a clean install may eliminate the remaining issues.

Thanks
    Definately getting closer then...Im just wondering if you have tried a normal installation without raid? ditch any ide, inc the optical drive and see if it still does it. Just another suggestion. This reminds me of the trouble I had with an NF7-S v2 and the sata and chipset drivers........speaking of chipset drivers, did you get the latest ones off the intel website?

Thanks
    Hi clunk,
    yep tried a non raid install last weekend to see if that was the issue. That's my emergency OS

When i swapped out the old mobo i pulled a dvd drive leaving just 1 on the ide port. it's jumpered correctly not reliant on cselect.

The latest intel drivers are 6.2.1.1002 = ICH8R HR/RR/HO
    The dvd drivers are 6.0.0.1022 = ICH8R DO/DH
    what do the HR... & DO.. mean

IDE controllers are the default microsoft.

Have run with both intel previously currently on the old ones subject to finding out the HR/RR bit

Inf drivers are the latest from intel.

Have got an odd issue just noticed in bios seem to have lost some options in the tools menu the asus EZ Flash 2 has gone.

The asus oc profile page has lost the start oc profile. They were definately there yesterday. I need to check if i have a short either from the nb/sb fans or if i have overtightened any of the mobo screws, have seen something like this on msi boards.

Thanks
    These drivers, not sure what version, but they work ok and cant hurt to reinstall

Its weird about the page disappearing, you havent been upsetting uri geller have you?

Thanks
    I'm unsure what these inf files are doing got the file from your link downloaded & installed. I have an inf directory Under Intel in program files called INFInst which just contains a readme ?? - No request for reboot or anything.

Only driverless devices are my gfx card & PCI device = sound card.

you havent been upsetting uri geller have you?
    Lol!! he only bends spoons..... we bend mobos

catch u later

Edit:Just cleared cmos b4 going to bed - got the missing items back, that sends me off happy thought i was going to have to remove mobo looking for shorts or something.
    Last edited by Supershanks; 04-02-2007 at 03:38 AM.

Thanks
    You can extract to a folder with winrar and then install them manually, but it should do it automatically.

If in doubt, clear the cmos out

Thanks
    Ahh had a lie in some good news
    HCI - Memtest resultsRan from cd so all ram checked 2721% coverage 0 errors, had set to tighter timings :- 4-4-4-12 sub timings :- 6-42-10-10-10-12
    Mem timings - Bios vdimm 2.15v

But not long till i got 1st bsod. Have unplugged dvd drive leaving jmicron ide empty. will see how it goes with the 5 drives attached & unplug 1 st a time if problems persist.

If in doubt, clear the cmos out
    yep it was quite funny

Edit: Not sure on it's significance but setup seems to think i'm running a laptop. i have a [On AC Power] Icon in my Notification toolbar. Have tried unticking it in power options but it persists, it did the same in earlier builds
    Last edited by Supershanks; 04-02-2007 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks
    Had another up & down day:-
    1) Ran for a couple of hours with no dvd connected, made no difference with results.
    2) defraged all hard drives & ran hdtach while doing 1), seemed slightly better but may have been imagination.
    3) bsods seem to be more driver/device orientated, far fewer page fault in non page area. Have tried different ati drivers & downgraded acceleration 2 notches.
    4) biggest source of errors was coming from mcaffee , had installed the oem Internet security Suite 2007, had got acouple pof copies when i upgraded wife's pc earlier. uninstalled & reinstalled it. by the end of yesterday it was still crashing so went back to my original Internet security 2006 which is running fine now.

Overnight:-
    Orthoos ran 4 4+ hours terminated with bsod. Ran memtest just to check still ok 1025.2% Coverage, 0 Errors.

Most bsods now blame the gfx card, although i have not being using 3d.just running at monitors native 1600x1050. Am searching for better drivers have an old 6600 i can switch in & test with. Had no probs with the his x1900 on old system though it could be a bit picky with drivers.

Will focus on gfx nexct.

Thanks
    Just a thought, do you still have your old psu? can you try that? another long shot, but worth a go.

Thanks
    Hi clunk,
    got this psu as it has almost x2 the 12v amps of my silverstone 560 (38A) checked rails with multimeter last week & idle & load their spot on with little dip. have switched my old 6800 in using the latest nvidia drivers, seemed a little more stable. But i can't believe the x1900 is the cause it's being working fine in my old rig. Do you mind letting me know which drivers your using with your x1950 please. I got the latest his drivers but had errors in 2d & couldn't enter game, the 6800 at least got me into 3d game, though i wasn't in the mood to play that much.

Only thing i've found that was odd was in device manager found it by selecting in view - show hidden items
    Non Plug & Play Drivers - Serial shows as a problem.

another thing that's odd was last week i could switch quite easily between bios versions using ez bios2. i now can't go back to earlier bios. The windows utility lets u change this. but shows the following:-
    Huh???

Thanks
    Driver version 8.31.0.0 for the x1900xt is what is showing in device manager. I havent updated it since I installed it, so it looks about right

Dunno about the bios update thing mate, weird that. Isnt there a newer version of the update software on the asus ftp?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information