Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ... 616232425262728293646566676 ... LastLast

Thread: EVE-Online

Jay
    Thanks

Re: EVE-Online

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCliff View Post
    Lost my mission running Navy Raven to a NOS'ing warp-scrambling swine the other day. 400 mill ship + about 80-100 mill T2 fittings + 200 mill bribe to get him to stop shooting (which he didn't even when I gave it to him ......)

Still playing and re-building up again - but I admit I did feel the same way as you at that point!

Stick with it - it's worth it
    That really is poor play from the other guy. Taking the money and then still carrying on is poor form but it shows the clear devide between decent people and bully / nasty people and this game has the extremes of both.
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    ...shows the clear devide between decent people and bully / nasty people and this game has the extremes of both.
    Thankfully there is a lot of the former as well as the latter!
    Even though it was really my fault for getting blown up as I'm an absolute noob at PvP and was sitting in a ship fitted for mission running so no chance really, I've had a number of friends offer me large wads of ISK to help me get back track. As it happens, I've got enough to cover the loss (although I ain't got much left now!) but it just goes to show the good will that's in the game too.

If I see the guy again though I might just pop a word in the ear of a Carrier pilot I know
    Abit IP35 / Q6600 @ 3.3Ghz / 4x1Gb 6400 @ 4-4-4-12 / 8800 GT 1Gb / Dell 2407WFP

Jay
    Thanks

Never fly a ship you can't afford to lose.
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Barely 2 hours into playing and I wanna give up already. What's the point with jack asses like this about? It wasn't even what I thought was a busy region! Is it this bad everywhere? Have I made a HUGE mistake in paying for 2 accounts for the month if this is what I have to put up with now?
    Ummm...its low-sec. The name kinda gives it away
    The only time you should go into low-sec is when

a) You are with others and have enough firepower / teamwork to be fairly sure you will win
    b) You have no problem with losing the ship, fittings and cargo

Alternatively, you don't go into low sec. If you're buying something from a station in there like a skill-book / something small, use a shuttle - they are pretty much uncatchable.

The people who killed you were not jack-asses, they were just playing the game....you made the mistake here
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCliff View Post
    Lost my mission running Navy Raven to a NOS'ing warp-scrambling swine the other day. 400 mill ship + about 80-100 mill T2 fittings + 200 mill bribe to get him to stop shooting (which he didn't even when I gave it to him ......)

Still playing and re-building up again - but I admit I did feel the same way as you at that point!

Stick with it - it's worth it
    It's really frowned upon (Paying and not stopping). Even pirates hate it, as the more people that do it, the less likely it is that people will pay in the future.

What was the guys name? Drop a post in Crime and Punishment on the official EvE forums - people like to build up a list of reds for things like this

If anyone wants to join me and Dak - I'm sure he wouldn't have any objections. We have access to L5 agents and a nice corner of 0.0 too
    Have had loads of fun with the him
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Jay
    Thanks

Once I have helped my mate out in Gal space I will be joining you. I hope to get on tomorrow (if the g/f isn't kicking up a fuss)

I did my first lvl2 agent mission today, I may be over prepared for them though as not even one shot hit me and my T2 Hornets took the entire room out.
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    Ummm...its low-sec. The name kinda gives it away
    The only time you should go into low-sec is when

a) You are with others and have enough firepower / teamwork to be fairly sure you will win
    b) You have no problem with losing the ship, fittings and cargo

Alternatively, you don't go into low sec. If you're buying something from a station in there like a skill-book / something small, use a shuttle - they are pretty much uncatchable.

The people who killed you were not jack-asses, they were just playing the game....you made the mistake here
    Thanks for making me feel better... I am aware that low-sec is unsafe, but only 5-6 months ago I used to fly solo in this region all the time and hardly ever got bothered.

And yes, they were jack asses, I did nothing to them, I wasn't at war with them, they only did it for fun as they didn't even loot my ship to recover the items that weren't destroyed, or salvage the wreckage. I couldn't give a monkies if it's allowed in the game, I wouldn't do that to anyone else unless provoked or at war.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    And yes, they were jack asses, I did nothing to them, I wasn't at war with them, they only did it for fun as they didn't even loot my ship to recover the items that weren't destroyed, or salvage the wreckage. I couldn't give a monkies if it's allowed in the game, I wouldn't do that to anyone else unless provoked or at war.
    They were playing the role of jack asses, that doesn't mean the people behind the characters actually are. Eve is full PvP and without the bad guys there would be less fun for all the people protecting against bad guys. Bad guys played by humans are always going to be better than AI controlled ones.

Jay
    Thanks

but just look at it!!

its so pretty it makes up for everything. I just got another one of my mates onto the trial as well!
    □ΞVΞ□

x2o
    Registered+
    Thanks

Out of all the ships I've had I love my drake just whish they would do a T2 version with a greater range

x2o

Jay
    Thanks

thats what i am training for at the moment., I have about 4 days left until I can fly one but I also need to make some ISK... skint as ususal.
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

I've gone back to my Caldari guy (name Guapo if anyone is interested) and doing L2's in hi sec with my trusty old Caracel. It's pretty OTT but it's fun, and some missions still take a while! And OMG, how laggy has Jita got! There was almost 1,000 people in there last night, took me about 2 minutes to jump in!

I'm also going to use my 2nd account to make a looter/salvager, so I accept a mission, go in and obliterate everything with my Caracel and then warp in with my Cormorant fitted with 4 tractors and 4 salvagers and loot away!

I got a bit carried away when I lost that ship the other day, was stupid when I think about it. It is part of the game and I have to accept it. On the plus side, making money seems to be so much easier now, you get a couple of hundred thousand for doing a L2, a couple of hundred thousand in bounties and I reckon an average of a couple of hundred thousand in loot and salvaged items! Not bad for one mission.

My current setup on my Caracel is:

2 x Ballistic Control System
    1 x 10MN Afterburner
    2 x Large Shield Extenders
    2 x rat specific Shield Resistance Amplifiers
    5 x Assault Missile Launchers fitted with Bloodclaw's

T2 if I have the skills, best named I can afford if not. On L2 missions I don't go below 90% shields even when I warped into about 10-12 frigs and cruisers within 10km, I just whacked on my AB and left most of them for dust.

What do you EVE pro's think of that?

Jay
    Thanks

Don't worry Allen, we have all been there. Its a brutal universe that is getting harder and harder every month. Also due to the faction war a lot of people are armed to the teeth at the moment.

Keep us updated on your progress!
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Oh yeah, another thing for my alt. I want him to have decent refining skills and trade skills, so basically anything I loot I will sell (if for a reasonable price) anything not worth a lot with no reasonable buy orders I will reprocess and sell the minerals.

Apart from Refining and Refinery Efficiency, are there any other skills that give better yields from refining items? I know there's refining skills for ores and you can get better yields from standings, but I won't be doing missions with him or refining ores.

And I haven't a clue about Trade skills. What would be good to get there? Trade and Retail look good for letting me have more sell orders, Broker Relations looks good to reduce costs of selling... Anything else?

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

Tax makes a big difference (8.3% I think). Your best bet is to gang your alt with your mission running character (maybe not for Lvl2's but for higher level missions). The standings can then be shared between them. Although, I think there's a special case for storyline missions though (which give the biggest standings increase and can't be shared).

Scrap Metal Processing reduces waste from refining loot on top of Refining and Refining Efficiency. I believe though Refining Efficiency Lvl 5 more or less gives 100% on it's own anyway, which can be used for ores as well (but takes a while to learn). Scrap Metal Processing needs Metallurgy Lvl 5 though (which is used for researching ME). I think my character has lvl 4 efficiency, which is 98%, and is good enough for me. Also, I only sell Meta 4 items (highest named), as anything else normally gets more money from refining it.

Not sure about trade skills. They're useful, but only make 0.5% difference I believe.

Jay
    Thanks

I thought I would make a video of sections of a 9 jump trip to show a few none EVE players what the game looked and played like. There isn't much PvE but it does give you a glance into the amazing world of EVE Online.

Having played WoW and LoTR I have to say that EVE is way way way more entertaining and the community is by far the best of the 3.

anyway, here it is.

http://files.filefront.com/eve4zip/;.../fileinfo.html

I have zipped the file using winzip to cut the size down a bit. Its 720P but the bitrate is lower than true HD (hence the small size)

Video Stream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx5adviV_pc

I lot of quality is lost though

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Jay; 02-09-2008 at 12:12 PM.
    □ΞVΞ□

Thread Information