Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35455565758283848586878895 ... LastLast
Results 1,345 to 1,360 of 1669

Thread: EVE-Online

Thanks

Re: EVE-Online

woot.

I just got what i count as my first "proper" kill of the game since i started last Summer . i.e. Not just kill mail whoring off of Corp Mates like i normally do.

Some war targets (they wardec'd us ;>) were trying to gank one of my corp mates as he was trying to fly out his newly fitted BS, i was "scouting ahead" (otherwise known as being bored) in my pod. So the Harby insta docks when my friend undocks, then as he's warping to the gate another Target jumps in (from somewhere else).

About 2 jumps out we encounter a Sentinel waiting on the gate for him (he wasn't there when i went through), it locks him, but decides not to point so Corp Mate warps to next gate. He jumps through and so does the Sentinel which then decides to point him. Corp Mate lets out drones and Sentinel decides to disengage after taking a few hits.

Corp Mate warps to the next system (one jump out from our "home" system in low sec). By this time i've already docked up and reshipped into my Vengeance. Also we managed to rally up some Blues (since we thought they'd bring friends).

Corp Mate jumps through into "our" system and the Sentinel follows and appears just as i'm landing on the gate. Since they're all in BCs and BSs, i'm the only one that could even stand a chance of hitting the thing (especially with Rockets). So i just lock, web/scram, rockets and poof he's gone .

Some funny moments: Apparently the Alliance that wardec'd us were Blue with them, and they didn't have their overviews set up right so i appeared as Yellow. Thus, when i landed on the gate, took out the Sentinel and tried to warp off, i noticed i was being webbed and scrammed by our own Blues (which i couldn't even tell because my overview was set to GCC above Blues . So i was like "I'm being attacked here" and my corp mates were like "By what? Nothing's here" and i'm just "Well there's definitely 3 hostile red's attacking me"... at which point we clicked and things all ended with me just into Armor.

A lucky moment: Since the Sentinel had a MWD, he should have been able to burn way off with the BCs/BSs not being able to track or keep up and my plated, afterburner Vengeance definitely not being able to catch him. However i just managed to land a clutch 9km off of him on the gate so just a small nudge forward and got to Scram him to deactivate the MWD.

Anyhow, to all you Eve vets this will probably sound like a normal day out, or pale in comparison to that time you solo'd that BC/HAC/BS in your lone ship or something. But i'm new (or at least i still class myself as new) so don't steal my limelight

2. Received thanks from:

Jay (12-01-2011),Macman (15-01-2011)

Jay
    Thanks

nice one!

Well done.
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks
    • Macman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i9 9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX2080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650VS
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus Predator

imo... a kill's a kill.

Nice one! :]

I like to hear other stories lol, but for lolz I <3 ganking a hulk lol.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboar...hp?id=12158096

But this kill the other day, I landed on a gate in null which was heavily bubbled (I always warp FROM gate to a planet / belt / Customs Office @ 100km)

Which led me to land very close to targets:

Decided to try bomb the dramiel, but that had warped off. So then tried the Imperial Navy Slicer lol.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboar...hp?id=12243579

Thanks
    • sybrows's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P55-GD65
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 750 @ 3.8+Corsair H50
      • Memory:
      • 8 gig Crucial XMS 3 DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 1X2tb WD Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 670 FTW edition
      • PSU:
      • Akasa 500 Watt
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Stacker 8100
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8.1 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Iiyama LED LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 75MB

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    imo... a kill's a kill.

Nice one! :]

I like to hear other stories lol, but for lolz I <3 ganking a hulk lol.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboar...hp?id=12158096

But this kill the other day, I landed on a gate in null which was heavily bubbled (I always warp FROM gate to a planet / belt / Customs Office @ 100km)

Which led me to land very close to targets:

Decided to try bomb the dramiel, but that had warped off. So then tried the Imperial Navy Slicer lol.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboar...hp?id=12243579
    Me too, I love tales of what people are up to in eve .... I got popped by a pro pirate in o.3 spaCE...THE GUY WAS A PRO THOUGH
    Last edited by sybrows; 15-01-2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: EDIT : not trying to steal your thunder....I died

Thanks

So me and my corp mates had fun today.

Our cloaky scout was sitting in the system next door and noticed a Myrm, Harb and Scimitar on DScan, by the time we got to the gate, they'd jumped off so we tried to follow to the next system.

They warped off to a safe so we had our Scout try to scan them down, as he was nearing completion they disappeared again. We checked the adjacent systems but didn't have any sign of them so we assumed they went into a Wormhole.

We scanned down the wormhole, jumped in and after a few scans (they kept bouncing around) they decided to log to try and get away. We managed to scan down and kill the Harb and Scimi at separate locations, but the Myrm's aggression timer ended and he got away .

Also we forgot to wait for our HIC when we killed the Harb so his pod is still floating around in WH Space.

Thanks

EDIT:

Nice kill with the Hulk btw, you use Cruisers to suicide gank?

The best one we got was: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboar...hp?id=11589683, T2 Rigged ;>

Thanks
    • Macman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i9 9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650VS
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus Predator

Quote Originally Posted by vdbswong View Post
    EDIT:

Nice kill with the Hulk btw, you use Cruisers to suicide gank?

The best one we got was: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboar...hp?id=11589683, T2 Rigged ;>
    No, as the most cost effective way is to use destroyers, like you did.

We just used whatever we had to hand as we were going try and get 2 hulks lol. As they were next to one another. But still the lolz is worth it .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    We just used whatever we had to hand as we were going try and get 2 hulks lol. As they were next to one another. But still the lolz is worth it .
    Ahh yeah, i don't think you'd be able to catch 2 Hulks with only Destroyers (unless you had double the numbers)... Concord pretty much instapopped us after 2-3 volleys.

And it's definitely lolz-worthy, but the Sec Status hit isn't . Whilst most of my corp mates don't mind being below -2.0, i'm finding it really difficult and annoying, maybe it's because they've all got Industrial alts to haul all the crap they need, whereas i always have to find an opportunity to jump onto their buy orders.

On a side note, i just finished training to fit T2 Medium Pulses yesterday . This means i should have a (roughly) properly fit Harbinger to go on roams with. Afterwards i was thinking of getting Heavy Missiles to Level 5 for T2 Launchers (currently at 4), or instead to go with T2 HAMs (currently at 0 >.<)... primarily because Corp wants us to be able to bring something if we want to do a Shield Roam (more specifically Drakes, and maybe a lol-gank shield Harb).

I'd love to do both, but the problem is i haven't even got my shield skills up yet (they're like basic of basic lol, i.e. T1 fit) so was just going to finish off the weapons and then remap into Int/Mem for Shield/Electronics/Navigation for Ceptors/Dictors/CovOps/Recons etc. as well as Overheating.

Thanks
    • Macman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i9 9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650VS
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus Predator

Quote Originally Posted by vdbswong View Post
    Ahh yeah, i don't think you'd be able to catch 2 Hulks with only Destroyers (unless you had double the numbers)... Concord pretty much instapopped us after 2-3 volleys.

And it's definitely lolz-worthy, but the Sec Status hit isn't . Whilst most of my corp mates don't mind being below -2.0, i'm finding it really difficult and annoying, maybe it's because they've all got Industrial alts to haul all the crap they need, whereas i always have to find an opportunity to jump onto their buy orders.

On a side note, i just finished training to fit T2 Medium Pulses yesterday . This means i should have a (roughly) properly fit Harbinger to go on roams with. Afterwards i was thinking of getting Heavy Missiles to Level 5 for T2 Launchers (currently at 4), or instead to go with T2 HAMs (currently at 0 >.<)... primarily because Corp wants us to be able to bring something if we want to do a Shield Roam (more specifically Drakes, and maybe a lol-gank shield Harb).

I'd love to do both, but the problem is i haven't even got my shield skills up yet (they're like basic of basic lol, i.e. T1 fit) so was just going to finish off the weapons and then remap into Int/Mem for Shield/Electronics/Navigation for Ceptors/Dictors/CovOps/Recons etc. as well as Overheating.
    Currently training to max out Leadership Skills all to L5.Which should be completed by March.

Then after, maxing out Missile Skills all to L5.

Jay
    Thanks

What SP are you guys?
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks

50M now

Misses has started playing and got her first kill in a WH a few days back.

An Orca and a Hulk

She's evil....
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    What SP are you guys?
    A lowly 9mil ;>.

The bulk of it being 3mil in Gunnery and then ~1.5mil in Mechanic, Missile Launcher Operation and Spaceship Command.

Unfortunately when i started out i had no clue what i was going with regards to "Core" skills and as such, have rather poor Electronics, Drones and Navigation skills.

I think once i have the aforementioned core skills at ~Level 5 i'll be pretty happy with where i stand.

Jay
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    50M now

Misses has started playing and got her first kill in a WH a few days back.

An Orca and a Hulk

She's evil....
    nice! I am about 2 mill behind you at the moment I think. Cross training Amarr these days, maxed tank, cap skills, AWU V and BC V point to a nice Harbinger setup for PvP
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks

Hands up if you like the new Character Creation system?

*Waves hand fervently*

This is easilly the best character creator systems i've ever used... it's lacking a little in options but i think if they combined all the different options for the races it would be better from a "possibilities" point of view.

Jay
    Thanks

why no face tattoos like in the old one?

I have looked at my old picture since 2007 its odd now its gone.
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks

My old character used to be damn ugly... i found the old creator difficult to use and combined with the inherent ugliness of that particular Amarr bloodline, i looked like a completely tool.

Current Look:

I'd link my old ugly portrait but it seems like the old portraits cache is currently isn't working.

Also the Tech 2 Guns on my Harbinger are really working out for me atm. We had a Roam yesterday and I was the top damage dealer for all the kills, bar one Arbitrator and a Drake (the very last one) which had kited out to 40km and out of my range. In total, we managed to run into (and kill, unless stated otherwise):

Myrmidon
    Megathron
    Megathron, Arbitrator, Myrmidon, Drake (+1 Mega that got away).
    Drake

Funny story, the first Megathron jumped in knowing we were there (We had 1 BS, 6 BCs, 2 Recons, 1 HAC) since we landed on his Corp Mate who jumped out. He then jumped in a few minutes later after holding on the gate for a few, he started burning back to the gate, but the combination of all our Webs and Scrams (we had a Huginn in particular) meant he didn't get anywhere very fast... was a bit touch and go since we kept missing our bumps, but we managed it as he was nearing the gate.

Now whilst that was somewhat stupid, jumping into a hostile fleet you already had eyes on, he then proceeded to reship into another Mega and jump in with the subsequent gang listed above. I don't really know what he was trying to do since they didn't focus fire properly at all by constantly switching targets, and went for the wrong (imo) people, specifically the Lachesis and Huginn, both of which had kited out (whilst still being able to maintain point/web) and were pretty much unreachable for the two Blaster BSs. After the first Mega (same guy) went down, his Mega friend warped off whilst we finished off his friends and came back at the end only to jump through the gate.

All in all we came out of it only having lost 1 BC, and with the lack of aforementioned focusing, our BS managed to leave the field with 13% armor.

As from my previous post(s) you can tell that i'm starting to enjoy Eve more, since i actually feel like i'm properly contributing to roams/gangs now instead of just turning up and waiting. The only problem is the sec hit i'm getting from low sec PVP... i started the roam at -3.24 (being able to pass through 0.7s) and now i'm at -4.6 meaning i can't even touch High Sec... so much for planning on doing Incursions there ;>.

Thread Information