• Operating System:
      • Win 7/Mac OSX
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1080p AOC, Oculus Rift CV1
      • Internet:
      • 200mb Virgin VIVID

LOMAC tracks - Long range Maverick and SAM dodging

http://www.al004a2442.pwp.blueyonder...OMACTracks.zip

Couple of tracks for those people who've been asking for them. First track shows me taking out a Shilka at long range with an Maverick. Second is me in an Su33 extracting the urine out of a SAM site. I ran out of flares in the end but the technique still works.

Shilka Bustup:

Starts a long way way from the Shilka. I lose height, decend to about 2000ft. I find this is the best height for A10s since you can lose height quickly to break radar locks, yet it gives you a good long look ahead.

Once I get a bit closer to the Shilka I swap to the Maverick mode. I zoom into the HUD a little bit and then place the designator in the rough area of the Shilka. I then pan to the TV screen and have a look. Once the designator is in the rough area, notice how I press tab and arm the seeker head, letting it scan the crosshair area for its target.

Note - when I made the mission I had no idea the Shilka would be in a hedge!

Anyhoo, after a couple of goes you'll notice the seeker head finds the Shilka when I'm 7 miles out. The Maverick indicates a good solid lock by means of the small cross in the TV screen flashing. I fire, then turn away hard, since I don't want to carry on flying into the lethal range of the AAA. A quick swap to F6 view and BOOM. Dead Shilka in one shot from long range.

Kub Dodge:

Same layout only this time it's a KUB and I'm in an Su33. This is a simple technique for dodging incoming missiles. It's very effective against most missiles - it's only weakness is against Sidewinders.

Same as before - fly in towards the SAM, lose a bit of height, get up to about 750kph. Note I've got no ECM and a very limited supply of flares/chaff.

The Kub locks me up and chucks a missile my way. The technique I use is a "spiral". What you do is put the missile at your 1 oc or 11 oc. Once the missile gets to about 2k away, chuck flares out then turn in towards the missile in a barrel roll. You're aiming to roll around the outside of the missile. I do this the first time, missile misses. It chucks a couple more my way and I use the same technique, though a little early the other times but it's enough to use up a lot of the missiles energy and when it comes to the final turn, I can out fly it.

Note the last dodge - I had no flares of chaff but still got away with it.

Try it out - hope the tracks help.

Thanks
    Very nice m8

That SAM evasion technique seems to work very well - well played

Heres something I quickly cooked up. This is a very useful BVM technique, combining 3 aspects to get a kill.

1) Using the AMRAAM as a fire and forget weapon, in other words we can launch it and rely on its own RADAR to find the target.

2) Energy management - we use height to a) make our missile more effective as it is travelling down to my opponent so it has more energy, and b) His missile has to travel UP to reach me, making it far less effective.

3) Beaming, - by turning 90 degrees to him, I'm neither travelling towards him, or away, his radar loses me, so he loses lock with his first shot.

It all happens quite fast, and it was my first and only attempt so please mind the dodgy photography, what is crucial here is the technique.

Firstly I gain height, so any shot he takes has to travel up to get me, my shot will be more effective. Then I beam him, he has to shoot again.

As I climb further, his missile loses energy and can't reach me.

Lastly - my first and only shot hits home - BOOM

http://www.skiisworld.plus.com/LOMAC...ion%20F-15.trk

Thanks
    • Lowe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 4690K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 256GB and 1TB spindle drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit Geforce GTX1080 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 600w
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Silencio 352 m-ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Mac OSX
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1080p AOC, Oculus Rift CV1
      • Internet:
      • 200mb Virgin VIVID
    Indeed, climbing when fired upon is a very, very valid technique. Problem is it doesn't work too well against SAMs since they're already being fired from the ground up. Still, the further they have to go the more work they have to do which makes them easier to defeat.

Remember beaming only works against doppler radars - not all radars work on this principle... If it's pulse radar, you're buggered.

Also, remember the AMRAAM is only fire and forget once you're within a fairly close range, at max range it's still only semi active afaik.

Thread Information