Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising

Thanks

Re: Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising

finally managed to polish this off last night on normal. the first few check points on the last level drove me MAD!
    theres 3 armor units that need to be destroyed - you start with a Javelin which easily takes out the 1st tank, then in an ammo crate you can switch the empty Javelin with a Queen Bee to destroy the to AA vehicles in the small village but OVER and OVER again they just failed to destroy the two AA's and time is a factor as you cant let them shoot down the allied helos - after MANY restarts of rushing the that point i finally came across another ammo crate in one of the houses with another stash of Queen Bee ammo to destroy the seemingly indestructible tanks and head down to the naval yard in a transport helo which was alot of fun.

im going to and go though it again on hardcore when the allied AI patch and ballistics is fixed in an apparent upcoming patch because i dont think i have the patience to try it right now.

all in all - apart from the AI issue i loved it!

XBOX: BauerPrime

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU

Quote Originally Posted by Zap View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's meant to be that way, that's why you get respawns and such.
    It's a horrible mechanic - particularly with just two of you playing and the extra-special-needs-medic who ignores your cries no matter how many times you call him. The icing is then having to sit through the mission chatter at the start over and over again (I KNOW ITS THE FIFTH TIME I'VE BEEN HERE). Or perhaps it's the computer player who dogmatically follows you around saying "OHHHH IS THAT A CLAYMORE MINE?? LET ME **********BOOOOM**********). There's nothing so satisfying as watching bits of your own body bounce around the battlefield because your 'teammate' decided to secretly join Al-Queda and martyr himself.

Or maybe i'm lying.

Buggy piece of crud. On the pile of stuff to be playing when they eventually finish writing the code - along with Red Malfunction: Guerilla tomato which doesn't support Windows 7 and so runs at approximately eight-billion-times-too-bloody-fast-than it should and has horrifically broken sound too.
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

the videos had me hyped about the graphical qualities of the game and once i installed and ran it it didn't look that good I had everything set to high and anti-aliasing etc. The videos lied to meh :'(
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks

admittedly another thing that annoyed me is when you reach a check point - in a gunfight or clear, it reloads you with a hazy screen, slowly going into focus - if u checkpoint in a danger close situation, already under fire - for a lack of better wording - you're b0llox'd!

Formerly known as Zap. Stephen C's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Stephen C's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P4C800 E Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • P4 3.4ghz @ 4.01ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS Pro LL @ 2-3-3-6
      • Storage:
      • 120gb Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI HD3850
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type R
      • Case:
      • Chieftec Ultra Dragon
      • Operating System:
      • XP
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 30mb

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    that usually gets anybody in your squad to heal you when your bleeding out, and the medic if your not bleeding but hurt
    The field dressing only stops the bleeding and doesn't actually heal you.
    You'll want the medic after you've stopped the bleeding (if you have yellow sections on the body diagram) he'll restore things like not being able to run, blurry vision and off aim.

Managed to finish the game last night myself too, as Prime said.. the last mission is pretty dodgey, had many many attempts myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    admittedly another thing that annoyed me is when you reach a check point - in a gunfight or clear, it reloads you with a hazy screen, slowly going into focus - if u checkpoint in a danger close situation, already under fire - for a lack of better wording - you're b0llox'd!
    PC version? Doesn't appear to happen on the Xbox 360.

It's a fairly buggy game and most of the content that was promised is still lacking which is a great shame..
    However, I enjoyed it and so did the people I played coop with.. let's just hope it gets more attention where it's needed from the developers.

Thanks

PC version? Doesn't appear to happen on the Xbox 360.
    PS3 - when you get killed or reload a check point - the screen fades back into focus from a black blur at quite a slow rate kind of like a 'waking up' effect. the only times it actually bothered me was twice on the last mission - once at the check point after killing the first tank at the top of a kill - there is a small hut where it check points and not long after reaching it you get jumped by special ops - the check point saved i (we) were under fire from less than 25 yards away and i had to run blindly to cover for about 4 seconds until it came into focus.

secondly was when i was flying the helo to the naval base and i was shot down over the check point by an AA gunner - luckily though you can tap into hover mode until you gain the screen back.

its just a silly thing to include if combat will resume RIGHT from the check point load.

Thanks
    • Stephen C's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P4C800 E Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • P4 3.4ghz @ 4.01ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 120gb Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI HD3850
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type R
      • Case:
      • Chieftec Ultra Dragon
      • Operating System:
      • XP
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 30mb

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    PS3 - when you get killed or reload a check point - the screen fades back into focus from a black blur at quite a slow rate kind of like a 'waking up' effect. the only times it actually bothered me was twice on the last mission - once at the check point after killing the first tank at the top of a kill - there is a small hut where it check points and not long after reaching it you get jumped by special ops - the check point saved i (we) were under fire from less than 25 yards away and i had to run blindly to cover for about 4 seconds until it came into focus.

secondly was when i was flying the helo to the naval base and i was shot down over the check point by an AA gunner - luckily though you can tap into hover mode until you gain the screen back.

its just a silly thing to include if combat will resume RIGHT from the check point load.
    Ahh, that's probably why I never saw it, played the entire game cooperatively..
    Can see why that would be annoying.

How many times did you try the last mission?
    Took me and a friend about 20 attempts untill I realised you can hop into one of the tanks.

Thanks

How many times did you try the last mission?
    Took me and a friend about 20 attempts untill I realised you can hop into one of the tanks.
    that has just upset me deeply
    the actual naval assault was easy! the tank and 2 AA armors before it caused me the problems from what i put above:
    1st tank: use the Javelin as u pass it as its at quite a long range
    2 AA's in the small town: at the top of the hill after the small tank is an ammo crate with a queen bee and 3 rockets which i changed for the empty javelin - head through the gunfight into the town and wasted all the rockets on the AA's yet they still survived and took down the allied Helo's - around 12 tries later i found another ammo stash randomly inside a house so i restarted the ENTIRE thing and just rushed though as quick as possible to that point, used 3 rockets on each AA and finally check pointed - if i knew you could jump in a tank i would have absolutely wasted that small town and be writing about my success yesterday

where do you get into the tank?

Thanks
    • Stephen C's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P4C800 E Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • P4 3.4ghz @ 4.01ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 120gb Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI HD3850
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type R
      • Case:
      • Chieftec Ultra Dragon
      • Operating System:
      • XP
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 30mb

Only noticed the tanks myself after the 25th or so try ^^
    After you clear the machine gun nest on the left flank and move towards the town the tanks will head up to the entrance.
    We were using the queen bee for most of the attempts aswell, it's not exactly consistant.
    Like you, the first time we managed to get it done we got shot down in the helicopter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dangel View Post
    It's a horrible mechanic - particularly with just two of you playing and the extra-special-needs-medic who ignores your cries no matter how many times you call him. The icing is then having to sit through the mission chatter at the start over and over again (I KNOW ITS THE FIFTH TIME I'VE BEEN HERE). Or perhaps it's the computer player who dogmatically follows you around saying "OHHHH IS THAT A CLAYMORE MINE?? LET ME **********BOOOOM**********). There's nothing so satisfying as watching bits of your own body bounce around the battlefield because your 'teammate' decided to secretly join Al-Queda and martyr himself.

Or maybe i'm lying.

Buggy piece of crud. On the pile of stuff to be playing when they eventually finish writing the code - along with Red Malfunction: Guerilla tomato which doesn't support Windows 7 and so runs at approximately eight-billion-times-too-bloody-fast-than it should and has horrifically broken sound too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    the videos had me hyped about the graphical qualities of the game and once i installed and ran it it didn't look that good I had everything set to high and anti-aliasing etc. The videos lied to meh :'(
    Agreed and agreed - I eventually got fed up with this disappointment of a game and traded it in for £25 at Gamestation, not bad considering it only cost me £27 to buy from Asda

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb

Once I worked out where I should head for the naval base assault I thought the last mission was actually fairly simple (and I wasn't even playing co-op, I was babysitting the AI) I think trumpet sound's harder tbh. The trick I found early on with the AA vehicles is to aim literally at the back door of the thing which takes 'em out nicely in one shot with the queen bee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxville View Post
    The trick I found early on with the AA vehicles is to aim literally at the back door of the thing which takes 'em out nicely in one shot with the queen bee
    among my many tries to destroy them i tried this too, i tried the lower side, turret section, back, front.
    the thing that annoyed me is that it took 3 QB's to destroy one and on the other it took 3 QB's to which then i thought i was going to fail and 20 seconds later it blew up.

the actual naval base assault would have been more fun for me in co-op, i tried to holywood-ize the fight by manually killing all the AA gunners then making passes in the helo where the gunners would polish off the rest of the ground troops . . . . . . considering the AI is to dumb to find its proverbial ar$e with both hands - after 3 passes and 1 death i just decided to land it and kill everyone myself - i can imagine that being fn with to co-op gunners though

unapologetic apologist
    Thanks

been playing on laptop. none of the issues you've been posting. only seen dodgy AI on MP games that have some AI members. On SP missions, the AI have been invaluable (and no, not becos I is crap. I used to play OFP etc )
    One can never stop saying Thank You

Thanks
    • Stephen C's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P4C800 E Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • P4 3.4ghz @ 4.01ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 120gb Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI HD3850
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type R
      • Case:
      • Chieftec Ultra Dragon
      • Operating System:
      • XP
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 30mb

For anyone that's at all interested (personally I was disappointed and sold my copy), there's a patch and addon out today / tomorrow..
    PC Patch Info
    Skirmish DLC Pack Info (PC)
    Xbox 360 & PS3 Patch Info
    Skirmish DLC Pack Info (Console)

15. Received thanks from:

0iD (04-11-2009),watercooled (04-11-2009)

Thanks

Pity they left out the biggest flaws I mentioned earlier. I also traded in my copy, that list doesn't persuade me to get it back...

Thanks

Yup - no patch can save this one for me. It was a bit crap unfortunately.
    What we share with everyone is glum, and dark...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information