• Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" LG
      • Internet:
      • 80MB Infinity

Re: COD Modern Warfare 2 on PC is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ferral View Post
    I've merged your thread onto this one watforddude, don't really need an additional thread discussing the same things, also helps keep this thread on the right tracks.

Thanks for the decent input
    Ohhh right i thought i clicked post reply and not a new threat, whoops! yeah it puts it back onto the main topic of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post

with 29 minutes to go the watford dude saved the day!

Thanks
    • watforddude's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97
      • CPU:
      • Intel 4790k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Dom
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 980 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650TX
      • Case:
      • The Bedroom Floor
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" LG
      • Internet:
      • 80MB Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by GheeTsar View Post
    Thanks for the review Watforddude - there are some spoilers in there though, so you might wish to notify readers of such before they read ahead.

For me, I like the titles and emblems and enjoy collecting them.

Perhaps we should have a Hexus MW2 multiplayer night sometime soon?

well that would be good if your on about doing it on the PC - if i could have a couple of steam accounts to add as friends so im not playing with randoms all the time.

Thanks
    • GheeTsar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung EVO 850 1 TB + 2 x 1TB Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS Radeon R9 280X
      • PSU:
      • Tagan TG600-U33 600W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 24" 120Hz GD245HQ
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100mb

Quote Originally Posted by watforddude View Post
    well that would be good if your on about doing it on the PC - if i could have a couple of steam accounts to add as friends so im not playing with randoms all the time.
    Yup - PC version for me too. Are you in the Hexus Steam group - that's probably the easiest way for everyone here to spot you. So far I've noticed about 8 Hexus Steam members currently playing.

Thanks
    • watforddude's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97
      • CPU:
      • Intel 4790k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Dom
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 980 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650TX
      • Case:
      • The Bedroom Floor
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" LG
      • Internet:
      • 80MB Infinity

No i have no noticed that thread, il head over there now.

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Bah Im not playing on the PC

Good to see the thread back on track!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

mmh
    Thanks

Re: My own MW2 thoughts.

*SOME SPOILERS*

Single Player
    I was a little worried that my porr computer would have problems playing this game but thank god it played with no problem's what so ever so i could enjoy the game without poor gameplay, so to begin with my first thoughts where the graphics of the game - even though it maybe the same engine as CoD:4 its been modified to get the best out of the engine with you can clearly see, espeically the detail of the faces of the models in the game and the way they models move is a lot more realistic compeard to 4, the game feels a lot more intense and in depth and does not seem to hold back on what to show.

The airport misson didn't bother me in the slightest but thought it was a little unessesary (the reason why the game was classed as an 18) which ment a lot of people missed out if there perants refused to buy it for them, and seeing as the other games in the series only reached 15 they could now be missing out due to that misson.

The way some of the unplayable shots have been done really gets to you for example when Ghost and Roach where betrayed and then burned by General Shepherd it made me think you F*****G B*****D, something that COD4 never done for me, the missions to me feel like you have a much more control over what happens in the game (even though its game over if you dont do what you should) like for example at the end of the game where you have to pull the knife out of your chest to save price.

Didn't like the fact that for a 40 pound game that i only got 5 hours of single player action on the hardened difficulty but then again as other people have mention in other thread that i will get years of fun out of the multiplayer ( i still play call of duty 2 now ) and the spec op's was a nice touch apart from no friends on steam to play it with

all in all in my own opinion it was a brilliant experience just wish it was a couple of hours longer.

Multiplayer

When i first started the multiplayer i was plesently surprised with it ( i won the first game )
    I even enjoy the MP much more than i do on COD4 and even though a lot of people hate i think its becuase of the Matchmaking System that i like it so much, i always get put in a game that gives me 4 bar's and and people with the skill that im at, ive been put with 20 level 70's once and thought to myself that it didn't work like it claimed but still ended up winning proving that its just a number!

I like the fact that there are locks on everything so the game is played the way its ment to be and everyone has the same experience, if a patch comes along which get's rid of the matchmaking system i wont be best pleased but if that means it brings in more players then so be it.

Even though i greatly enjoy the gameplay and fun of the MP side of things i do also have a few things that i could moan about, one of these is that there so many things you can change it makes it a pain in the arse if your not used to the game especially when you have the time limit to the next game which makes you rush and make mistake's, i think that the Title and Emblem is a waste of time and just clutters the screen with more stuff.

Like the single player its not perfect but they have done a bloody good job and cant find anything that makes me wish i got a refund, i can see it being my next call of duty 2 and giving me years of entertainment.
    nice review man...
    : RFNX Ste | : stegough | www.stegough.com

Thanks
    • watforddude's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97
      • CPU:
      • Intel 4790k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Dom
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 980 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650TX
      • Case:
      • The Bedroom Floor
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" LG
      • Internet:
      • 80MB Infinity

Re: My own MW2 thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by mmh View Post
    nice review man...
    Cheers mate, just wanted to put what i thought of the game there are warning of spoilers xD

Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Re: COD Modern Warfare 2 on PC is awesome **warning, spoilers within

So, I played some more of the Single player last night (I am playing on Hardened) and what a complete pain it is. Don't get me wrong but I love the fact that the game is a tough son of gun and that some mission's take a bit of time to crack, but seriously enemies spawning behind you, in the area you have just cleared?

I lost count of the amount of time's that I cleared an area completely checking all the rooms and all that, walked to the next part and some guy random spawns behind me and promptly sticks a bullet or two in my rear!

On some missions, not all, your team are completely useless, they are about as much use as a hard boiled egg! Your supposed to follow someone on the missions, he runs off like a headless chicken, to some random wall, taking fire from every which way, but doesn't die, then stands there, calling you over and hurrying you along while you are fighting your way through an infinitable amount of men that have 100% accuracy! Then when you get to him, he fires one shot and runs away!

Then there is the fact thatyour team seem to enjoy walking infront of your bullets or grenades then promptly tell you to watch your fire..god damn it, if I am shooting at someone, please for the love of god, don't walk infront of my bullets, it isn't wise and only serve's to get you shot!

Apart from those minor annoyances I am enjoying the single player, have just done the mission after the nuke goes off and the helicopters start dropping out of the sky, at this point I decided I'd had enough for the night and turned it off.

Away most of the weekend now so will probably pick up and hopefully finish the game on Sunday.

New Rating 8.5/10 simply due to the unimaginable amount of men that spawn and promply fire a leathal and deadly amount of smoking hot lead at you!
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Thanks
    • watforddude's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97
      • CPU:
      • Intel 4790k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Dom
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 980 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650TX
      • Case:
      • The Bedroom Floor
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" LG
      • Internet:
      • 80MB Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedguy View Post
    So, I played some more of the Single player last night (I am playing on Hardened) and what a complete pain it is. Don't get me wrong but I love the fact that the game is a tough son of gun and that some mission's take a bit of time to crack, but seriously enemies spawning behind you, in the area you have just cleared?

I lost count of the amount of time's that I cleared an area completely checking all the rooms and all that, walked to the next part and some guy random spawns behind me and promptly sticks a bullet or two in my rear!

On some missions, not all, your team are completely useless, they are about as much use as a hard boiled egg! Your supposed to follow someone on the missions, he runs off like a headless chicken, to some random wall, taking fire from every which way, but doesn't die, then stands there, calling you over and hurrying you along while you are fighting your way through an infinitable amount of men that have 100% accuracy! Then when you get to him, he fires one shot and runs away!

Then there is the fact thatyour team seem to enjoy walking infront of your bullets or grenades then promptly tell you to watch your fire..god damn it, if I am shooting at someone, please for the love of god, don't walk infront of my bullets, it isn't wise and only serve's to get you shot!

Apart from those minor annoyances I am enjoying the single player, have just done the mission after the nuke goes off and the helicopters start dropping out of the sky, at this point I decided I'd had enough for the night and turned it off.

Away most of the weekend now so will probably pick up and hopefully finish the game on Sunday.

New Rating 8.5/10 simply due to the unimaginable amount of men that spawn and promply fire a leathal and deadly amount of smoking hot lead at you!
    I never had people spawning behind me, unless i didnt notice them, only mission i thought there was a stupid amount of men was the one where you are running around to different buildings in the car park, to the diner with the turret on the roof, or when your infront of the whitehouse trying to run across to the left - i always got killed doing that.

Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

I never had people spawning behind me, unless i didnt notice them, only mission i thought there was a stupid amount of men was the one where you are running around to different buildings in the car park, to the diner with the turret on the roof, or when your infront of the whitehouse trying to run across to the left - i always got killed doing that.
    Definitely agree with you on that one! Funny thing is your team mates seem to eb able to survive all hell breaking loose around you!. It was only on certain missions that I noticed it such a pain in the backside extent that it annoyed the hell out of me.

One's I can think of are the one where you have to defend the APC and the guys are in buildings, the White House one, the one near the start where you are chasing the guy and he is going along the roof tops. Guy's just seemed to keep appearing behind me after being about 99% certain I had killed everyone around.

Have to say though, I did enjoy the double uzi's and dual repeater pistols though!
    Last edited by Disturbedguy; 20-11-2009 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks
    • watforddude's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97
      • CPU:
      • Intel 4790k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Dom
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 980 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650TX
      • Case:
      • The Bedroom Floor
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" LG
      • Internet:
      • 80MB Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedguy View Post
    Definitely agree with you on that one! Funny thing is your team mates seem to eb able to survive all hell breaking loose around you!. It was only on certain missions that I noticed it such a pain in the backside extent that it annoyed the hell out of me.

One's I can think of are the one where you have to defend the APC and the guys are in buildings, the White House one, the one near the start where you are chasing the guy and he is going along the roof tops. Guy's just seemed to keep appearing behind me after being about 99% certain I had killed everyone around.

Have to say though, I did enjoy the double uzi's and dual repeater pistols though!
    I can think of another example - when you have to laser the buildings in the street for that 50 cal machine gun truck thing, your team tell you to follow them into the next house, so i do and get killed because they have not killed the the ememy in the NEXT HOUSE that they tell you to go to, or that you follow them to.

Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

I can think of another example - when you have to laser the buildings in the street for that 50 cal machine gun truck thing, your team tell you to follow them into the next house, so i do and get killed because they have not killed the the ememy in the NEXT HOUSE that they tell you to go to, or that you follow them to.
    YES! Or they go into the exact same room with three guys in and completely ignore them!

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

I always used to find that funny in CoD - half expected every now and again to wander into a building, and then find my squad and the enemy all having a big laugh together and sharing drinks, before pumping several kilos of lead into my abdomen.

In fact, apart from the drinks, I think that genuinely did happen

Thanks
    • watforddude's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97
      • CPU:
      • Intel 4790k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Dom
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 980 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650TX
      • Case:
      • The Bedroom Floor
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" LG
      • Internet:
      • 80MB Infinity

I mainly noticed when the rest of team ignored the enemy is when your up on the cafe waiting for the convo with the turret and your team allows them to come up the ladder and kill me without doing anything, or just run around to other part of the building not helping me out! but oh well its just a game.

Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

I mainly noticed when the rest of team ignored the enemy is when your up on the cafe waiting for the convo with the turret and your team allows them to come up the ladder and kill me without doing anything, or just run around to other part of the building not helping me out! but oh well its just a game.
    ^For this part, I used claymores ..nothing like the re assuring sound of *click* *boom*

Thanks
    • watforddude's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97
      • CPU:
      • Intel 4790k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Dom
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 980 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650TX
      • Case:
      • The Bedroom Floor
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" LG
      • Internet:
      • 80MB Infinity

I forgot that i had them

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information