Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last night was Ace.

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks

Last night was Ace.

A few notes of debrief from last night, i spent a little while trying to understand why several times people had sworn that i had black crosses on my wings last night, I can confirm without doubt that i was definitely wearing UK markings.

So i investigated before work this morning, There is a point where it appears to me that the RAF Circle is implemented like this

I apologise for the picture quality i'm crap at drawing

As i can now see why you think it was a german plane. But what i found was that when you see a german plane, really the lines are MUCH heavier.

The second thing is the fact that i was flying a spitfire, a few tell tail signs should be clear to you on the spitfire, the wing config even with the fact I was flying a clipped wing. The underside tray has those two air intakes or whatever exists.

I know it was a dogfight server and certainly don't care that i got killed, was chuffed that Zak ripped my wing off with a superb kill.

A little bit unhappy that i got credited with MA_Rias kill, Can only understand that you must have hit my tail plane, because i didn't notice any contact....

Was pleased with a few nice kills last night, was good to get more practise on comms. I think Hats introduction onto comms certainly made a difference to us all, someone took control of what was going on.

last but not least, CTRL E for extinguishers was hilarious, I honestly can't believe that you fell for that Deckard, but glad you did as i've not laughed that hard for a long time

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    So what comms channel do u girls use these days then?

I was on for a bit but them damned warbirds vs 262 maps were a tad too 1 sided for my liking, think I only got 4 kills all nite n a couple of groundies....

TiG
    Thanks
    Eagles Server comms, I don't have the IP address or the password on me, but when i get home i'll pm it you if no-one else does it earlier.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Yes, for my sins I'm offically Zak33's *better* half... Sair33's Avatar
    Thanks
    I really enjoyed last night too... Managed to get 110 points despite worrying that I was a bit rusty Was ace

Sorry about our collision TiG.... I turned around and there you were!! Tried to avoid hitting you, but obviously failed Never mind... at least it was towards the end of the night I suppose... and not a VEF!!

Thanks everyone who played last night... was fun... (I'll try to use voice comms more next time, especially as I now have a mic on my headphones.. much easier! )

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.... It was them that started me drinking.

adamspestcontrol.co.uk
    Thanks
    Wasnt around that much last night IL2 was running jerky and then I kept getting discos, got the screaming hump and ended up thinking CBA Soz guys maybe tonight it will run smooth

TiG
    Thanks
    Rias, I know you feel you got shot down a bit too much, but that Kill you got on the Gurnsey map that i saw was ACE!. You must be pleased

Let me say if you see someone on your six don't panic, hard turn left, make sure wings are perfectly in line with ground, and get landing flaps on and slowly keep reducing power, the enemy won't be able to keep the turn i've lost so many attackers now, at 180kmh, as they stall away.

Not the answer to everything but damn its kept me alive a lot longer recently

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    lol.....Cntrl E for extinguishers....a few monthsa ago he would NEVER have fell for that old one....Deck was clearly not concentrating muchos.

I was in pain.....

TiG.....I didn't shoot you cos of your markings...I shot you cos I'm a flippin idiot ,.....I had trailed a 262 for about 3 minutes, and my SPit was trimmed to perfection, prop pitch at 85, nose slightly down, and was doing 570 kph....but I gave up.

I turned, climbed and looked back...and sure enough, the evil little sod in the 262 had turned when I did.....but it's ALRIGHT...Zakky is a smart old bugger.....he knows his plane craft

If I split S, and come up hard he'll be there.....

so...invert, pull back, to hard, stall like a noob, catch, recorrect, align, look around, see a plane .....line up.....gain speed...nose up....he's coming fast....

WOOOOHOOOOOO

oh..its you TiG...where's that 262 gone?

Sorry bud.....typical really.....cos I got another ace hit later...Praktal also friendly.

Ended on -600, but for somereason, enjoyed it a lot.

Sorry Dakky was having jerkovision...it was choppy for me occasionaly, but that was from 30 players on one server.

Trig....oh Trig.....you were AIRBORN at last!

So good to have ya back.

New headphones are good, but TOO TIGHT....me and Rias have modified them.....ie bent the top section VERY WIDE ....and now they are loose enough for proper long term wear...TiG...I'll show ya when you collect yours. Mics are very good, and have Mute.Low/High on them plus headphone volume control.

BUT....I died in my Spit the same way three times....it's not a Yak is it

Normally, 109 in pursuit, I get along the ground, get to 400, pull up hard, drop flaps to combat and then take off at the top, and over....109's always go under and wide...

but a SPit doesn't do it....she climbs gentler...wont pull back so hard without a stall and I end up stationary in a climb

Least I'm learning.

Tried the Hat/Luke method of going nose down and wide of a target and pulling round in there low /side view....and round & up at 45 degrees....go wide at the back and then follow where he goes....

pleased overall.....cant decide on how close to get....so I cant decide on convergance...so I never have it the same...so this bad workman is changing his tools too often and not getting good with what he has.

Its staying put now....I KNOW the boom n zoom works best at 600 for both.....at 600 in a drop its the only way....but I cant shoot accurately enough at those speeds...

so I'm back to the trusty 400 mg and 200 canons...and it seemed to work ok

still 600 for ground canons though...

Damn fine night really.....lots of us....poor Praktal didn't expect me to hit him and I am bemused as to HOW HE KNEW it was a: friendly fire and b: it was Zak in less than 3 seconds....

that is some 3d awareness ...I need a lot more practice before I can spot a number on the side of a plane in my rear view mirror while its shooting at me

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    Reading all this stuff has made me wanna start up again. Haven't played with you lot in ages (busy with exams n stuff). Anyone up tonight?

edit: oh crap, just realised i haven't playes in so long i don't even have the latest patch

Also i couldn't be arsed to get that fix for the timeouts (Ages ago this was...) anyone know if this problem is fixed with the patch. If not could someone point me in the direction of it, please.
    Last edited by Cesium; 24-06-2004 at 04:47 PM.

Hat
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TiG
    Eagles Server comms, I don't have the IP address or the password on me, but when i get home i'll pm it you if no-one else does it earlier.

TiG

Teamspeak server IPs and Passwords are stickied in the private forum

nuff said

Oh no!I've re-dorkalated! Jiff Lemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak33
    oh..its you TiG...where's that 262 gone?

Sorry bud.....typical really.....cos I got another ace hit later...Praktal also friendly.
    You sure you weren't flying a p-51? Damn yanks are good at that sort of thing.....

adamspestcontrol.co.uk
    Thanks
    I followed 190 into a dive last night and blacked out in the turn out, as the screen started to clear I saw the shape of a plane through the grey about 0.20 away, opened up with 50s and cannon scored some great hits and as the grey cleared noticed it was a Hurri!!!! he must have cut in front of me to try and get on the 190s 6 oclock. I shuffled off rather sheepishly

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    Quote Originally Posted by [MA]Dak[GSV]
    ..... as the grey cleared noticed it was a Hurri!!!! ....I shuffled off rather sheepishly
    Sheepish is my middle name

"The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |

Yes, for my sins I'm offically Zak33's *better* half... Sair33's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TiG
    Rias, I know you feel you got shot down a bit too much, but that Kill you got on the Gurnsey map that i saw was ACE!. You must be pleased
    Let me say if you see someone on your six don't panic, hard turn left, make sure wings are perfectly in line with ground, and get landing flaps on and slowly keep reducing power, the enemy won't be able to keep the turn i've lost so many attackers now, at 180kmh, as they stall away.
    Not the answer to everything but damn its kept me alive a lot longer recently
    TiG
    Hehe!! I WAS pleased!!

Thanks for the advice... I have tried landing flaps for a tighter turn before, but keep forgetting in the heat of the moment!! I MUST try to remember!

I enjoyed flying the P38 last night actually, not really flown it much before. Doesn't turn too tightly, BUT makes up for it with SPEED! (fairly easy to just run away!! ) ... and rockets are cool!

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.... It was them that started me drinking.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [MA]Dak[GSV]
    I shuffled off rather sheepishly
    Hmm, anyone else in a Hurri last night?

Anyone else see a Spitty follow a 190 in a spiral (ish) dive?

Anyone else see the Spitty drop off the 190's tail, obviously blacked out?

Anyone else think that it would be good to keep the pressure on the 190 as he's coing up to the same height and fair game for the Hurri's guns?

Anyone else get Dak up their bum with all guns blazing as they're positioning themselves to take on the 190?

No?

JUST ME THEN?

Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    YUP

just yooooooo

TiG
    Thanks
    LOL at Deckards user CP

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information