Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3 - It's here! (Unboxing pics)

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

Re: Diablo 3 - It's here! (Unboxing pics)

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post

Why dont you see for yourself
    ?

Its one of my favourite sites.

m
    I have only played the D3 Beta and the netcode was terrible on that so pleased that I havnt actually got it yet. What I played of it I must admit I enjoyed it, old school Hack & Slash Diablo gaming. You arnt going to get an extremely in depth RPG out of it like the Drakensang games for example. What you see is what you get with it, thing is though that is what Diablo is all about. A lone hero going up against extreme odds to stop Diablo from gaining a foothold in the world, its what it has always been about. Hopefully I will be getting it next week some point as I am personally REALLY looking forward to the full game after what I managed to play of the beta, also means that by next week Blizzard should have sorted out the login queue issues and the various major bugs that have materialised since launch. I do think though that it is out of order them making you have a permanent internet connection to play what is predominantly a single player game. You should have the option to play it offline.

Melon, that site you have listed is awesome, never even knew it existed, thanks for sharing the link

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 2gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 512gb samsung SSD +1tb Samsung HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama XB3270QS-B1 32" IPS 1440p

Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    http://darkd3.com/ - it's a start.

I'm running with the sharpen filter but vanilla colours.
    Nice and it shows just how bad diablo3 is, this is something that seem to effect many HDR games, yes they bring in some nice effects and general feel to graphics but it also makes everything grey.
    Swap between normal and stronger on that darkd3 and you'll really see it (I say stronger as that setting seems to have the most contrast, hardcore just make everything a darker and slightly browner shade of grey, swap between hardcore and stronger and you'll notice dark colours don't change in tone, the lighter colours just get slightly darker which is a reduction in contrast)

As t dll injection, that's the problem and what I meant about the online nature making modding impossible

EDITs I don't think they are bunny ears, look like feathers

LWA
    Thanks

Okay so after having my pre orer cancelled by Gameplay, I visited three Sainsburys and a Tesco extra on the way home and none of them had it :-(

Does any kind person have a guest pass?

Thanks

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

350ms pings... game is so juddery even at 80FPS, using v-sync im hitting 60 alot but even at 60fps about 3/4 of the way down the screen its constantly got a straight tearing line when i move (very odd!).

I HATE FLIPPING HDR, it shouldnt be in this flipping game it pees me right off that they havent changed this from the beta... i hate having a foggy display it looks ****e to say the least! Im tempted to use that d3 tool again but i hate the fact there is a chance blizzard go back and say, oh no this aint allowed!.

Performance doesnt seem great anyway, it seems to drop in quite a few places, no idea why its on a fresh m4 128gb with 60GB spare... this game is peeing me right off , i just want to play without HDR(or what ever is causing this silly murkiness) and juddering + high pings.

Please blizzard... let me play singleplayer today
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Looks like they've implemented queuing now, so it's annoying, but at least you can just launch and then get on with something else rather than having to keep trying.

Played some co-op today, was more fun and no more laggy than usual.

Hicks, no idea what that straight line is.. sounds very odd. Obvious question - updated drivers? Shouldn't be any problems with performance. Are you using the in game v-sync setting?

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

its odd indeed, its pretty much like a screen tearing issue... without v-sync i can get 75fps (with shadows, 100+ without) but its tearing like nothing ive ever seen, seriously its like as if i have 10 tiny monitors very out of sync, then with v-sync on i just get a straight tearing line , fps at 60.

graphics drivers are at their latest, no issues with other games ... its very confusing lol. Ive restarted the pc and the game multiple times still nothing, atleast i havent been told i cant login yet ive got in every time but now pings gone up to 600ms, its just getting worse .
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ferral View Post
    I have only played the D3 Beta and the netcode was terrible on that so pleased that I havnt actually got it yet. What I played of it I must admit I enjoyed it, old school Hack & Slash Diablo gaming. You arnt going to get an extremely in depth RPG out of it like the Drakensang games for example. What you see is what you get with it, thing is though that is what Diablo is all about. A lone hero going up against extreme odds to stop Diablo from gaining a foothold in the world, its what it has always been about. Hopefully I will be getting it next week some point as I am personally REALLY looking forward to the full game after what I managed to play of the beta, also means that by next week Blizzard should have sorted out the login queue issues and the various major bugs that have materialised since launch. I do think though that it is out of order them making you have a permanent internet connection to play what is predominantly a single player game. You should have the option to play it offline.

Melon, that site you have listed is awesome, never even knew it existed, thanks for sharing the link
    Im glad you like you it , anything to expand an enlighten others interests is a good thing - though there is so much there to love.

Im always sucker for curiosities myself even dressed up in suit there is something surreal and scary about those costumes.

You can forget your Freddies & Jasons , they have nothing on this guy .

m

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pob255 View Post
    Nice and it shows just how bad diablo3 is, this is something that seem to effect many HDR games, yes they bring in some nice effects and general feel to graphics but it also makes everything grey.
    Swap between normal and stronger on that darkd3 and you'll really see it (I say stronger as that setting seems to have the most contrast, hardcore just make everything a darker and slightly browner shade of grey, swap between hardcore and stronger and you'll notice dark colours don't change in tone, the lighter colours just get slightly darker which is a reduction in contrast)

As t dll injection, that's the problem and what I meant about the online nature making modding impossible

EDITs I don't think they are bunny ears, look like feathers
    Now you got me wondering , so i checked - and their definitely not feathers , but they dont look like your typical wabbit ears either...

m

Resident Hexus Folder Golden Dragoon's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Golden Dragoon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
      • CPU:
      • 1045T X6@ 4.0ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 64GB Crucial M4 + 500GB & 2TB Deskstars
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 460
      • PSU:
      • XFX 650W
      • Case:
      • Akasa Infiniti
      • Operating System:
      • 7 + OS X

With Game canceling my mass effect pre order and gameplay canceling my D3 order I am starting to think that I should order games from more than 1 place, or possibly just avoid the game group entirely as I doubt they have gotten themselves fully out of trouble yet, and it seems that gameplay have been merged with gamestation.
    Just been at tesco and asda looking but they had none in, the guy in tesco said they had 50 in but they all went very quickly, and the guy in asda was an idiot of monumental magnitude
    Me "Do you have Diablo 3?"
    Asda employee "whats that, a new film?"
    Me "No it's a game, it just came out the other day."
    Asda employee "is that on the xbox or playstation"
    Me "no its on the PC"
    Asda employee "nah mate it has to be on one of those you can't do games on pc's"
    Me "???????"
    Thing is this guy was in the entertainment section filling the shelves, it's not like I went to the deli counter or anything he should have had some idea at least.
    I did eventually speak to one of the night staff that knew how to check to see if they had any and they didn't.

Anyway has anyone got a guest pass will be a couple of days before I can go into town and pick one up
    *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Churchill
    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

10. Received thanks from:

Pob255 (20-05-2012)

Lurking since 06
    Thanks
    • Mama Sumae's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B - deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Core2 duo 6300 O'c @ 3.1 Mhz / Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 2GB XMS2 6400 C4 @ 890Mhz
      • Storage:
      • WD 320 GB /sata
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti oc - 1GB GDDR5
      • PSU:
      • Enermax NoisetakerII 485W
      • Case:
      • AKASA ZEN Black 2x12cm fans
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ulti
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2222HDL 21.5 inch
      • Internet:
      • Virginmedia 50MB (or so they told me...)

Diablo is by far my favourite game/series ever and I simply couldn't wait for the new one, but in the end I didn't even consider giving the beta a try.

I have no doubts it will be extremely fun, after all a competent developer like Blizzard would have to try quite hard to get a game of this sort completely wrong, still the decision to force a constant internet connection is beyond me. I feel I am entitled and old enough to play a game I personally paid for without having to ask and be subjected to Blizzard's permission.

The new visual aspects of the game have been discussed to exhaustion but darker or not the models used would still look cartoonist even in black & white. Some of the houses in New Tristan for example could easily be made of candy and featured in a Disney Movie.

Thanks

Thanks
    • MSIC's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H170M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 6500
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 4GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • 240GB SSD (boot) +1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GeForce 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 450W ST455F
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG06-450
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet FiberTTC

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Sumae View Post
    I feel I am entitled and old enough to play a game I personally paid for without having to ask and be subjected to Blizzard's permission.
    Beautifully put, that sums up my sentiments exactly.
    On the other hand, i was a very large D2 fan and simply couldnt control myself, so bought D3 despite all the reservations.

I finally got to play it last night for the first time (not all Blizzard's fault, I also have a life that annoyingly gets in the way), so had about 90 minutes gaming (single player - am not interested in multiplayer other than with 2 specific friends).

Pros:
    - Well, i played for 90 minutes, without getting kicked off once.
    - It DID feel like Diablo.
    - I found myself getting in to that 'just one more bad guy' frame of mind, wanting the next bit of loot, or to power up the character. I guess the bottom line is that I wanted to play more of it, so that's a good thing.
    - Blizzard have built a cool little ping measuring system directly in to the game area, with a simple Red-Amber-Green colouring system for quick glance.

Cons
    - It felt, in terms of gameplay, very much like D2 has not come on very far at all in 12 years. This is more like what another developer could do between one year and the next. Not impressive.
    - LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG. Many, Many times (this is nearly midnight we are talking about) my ping was over 350, and enemies would disappear from the edge of the screen to appear next to me.
    You actually can not accurately click on bad guys all of the time - they just pop about all over the screen far too often (ok, not every time, but this is a SINGLE PLAYER GAME).
    - I was fairly indifferent to the graphics, but then it's not the most important factor to me. Still, they did not impress. I'd call it functional, but again, this does not represent a 2012 game in my eyes. 2008 more like it.
    - Blizzard felt it necessary to build a Ping meter directly in to the game! A single player game! A ping meter. What more can I say?

Roll on Torchlight II.
    I'm commenting on an internet forum. Your facts hold no sway over me.
    - Another poster, from another forum.

System as shown, plus: Microsoft Wireless mobile 4000 mouse and Logitech Illuminated keyboard.
    Sennheiser RS160 wireless headphones. Creative Gigaworks T40 SII. My wife.
    My Hexus Trust

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Sumae View Post
    Diablo is by far my favourite game/series ever and I simply couldn't wait for the new one, but in the end I didn't even consider giving the beta a try.

I have no doubts it will be extremely fun, after all a competent developer like Blizzard would have to try quite hard to get a game of this sort completely wrong, still the decision to force a constant internet connection is beyond me. I feel I am entitled and old enough to play a game I personally paid for without having to ask and be subjected to Blizzard's permission.

The new visual aspects of the game have been discussed to exhaustion but darker or not the models used would still look cartoonist even in black & white. Some of the houses in New Tristan for example could easily be made of candy and featured in a Disney Movie.
    Yes, the uk has lot of areas like mine too where exchanges are just ignored so your speed / line is about as fast as old mule.

If they were going to force a connection they should of just made it cloud based IMO and got all the folk on poor systems playing it as well..

m

Thanks

and where in the uk are you ? have you looked on samknows about your real line length?

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

*sigh* OK Melon, I admit you're right. Diablo3 is colourful and cutsie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=IvRTJXA35GA#!

(skip straight to 1 minute if you don't have patience for the conversation build up. Kind of spoilers maybe if you're completely new to the Diablo universe?)

Edit: ok someone posted about this yesterday.. oops

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    *sigh* OK Melon, I admit you're right. Diablo3 is colourful and cutsie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=IvRTJXA35GA#!

(skip straight to 1 minute if you don't have patience for the conversation build up. Kind of spoilers maybe if you're completely new to the Diablo universe?)

Edit: ok someone posted about this yesterday.. oops
    haha :TOLD YOU !

It reminds of a bad transvestite I came upon in an office ( hair on arms , and a deep broken voice ) or someone gay pretending to be overly masculine and straight.

but my issues wasnt just the washed out colours , it was more to do with contrast / texture and what Pob was on about.

m

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information