Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it hard to get used to PC gaming? Is battlefield 3 more fun on PC that xbox?

Thanks
    • ghostfacekiller's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage Gene 2
      • CPU:
      • 980x @4.0ghz
      • Memory:
      • 12gb G.Skill RipJawsZ
      • Storage:
      • 120gb Intel 520 boot drive. 1 X 250gb samsung 830 (steam / origin drive) 2 x 2tb samsung f4
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte gtx 670 windforce
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 650 watt
      • Case:
      • Lian Li - PC-60FNW
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 (64bit) Service Pack 1
      • Monitor(s):
      • ERRRRR My Front Room 46 inch series 6 led tv
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre

Re: Is it hard to get used to PC gaming? Is battlefield 3 more fun on PC that xbox?

I have all 3 formats . Pc xbox ps3 and having played the game a lott on all 3 systems i have to say there all great but the pc version is a lott more fun . Apart from cheats that seem to be on nearly every server .

Thanks

Re: Is it hard to get used to PC gaming? Is battlefield 3 more fun on PC that xbox?

I've been primarily a PC gamer for years now, and I think the biggest improvement you can see is in regard to movement within games, especially FPS'.
    A mouse will give you a much greater degree of accuracy compared to analogue sticks. Obviously the graphics will look a lot nicer as well, but I dont think that should affect how much you enjoy it too much.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Agree with blett actually, graphics are not the main thing. I tend to prefer the extra FPS and lower level of graphics quality. Its about having a level on control and customisation on the PC

Thanks
    • ladcrooks's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE EX58-UDR3
      • CPU:
      • i7920 @ 3.4ghz - NOCTUA SE1366 NH-U12P
      • Memory:
      • Patriot Viper 6GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD 7970 OC WindForce
      • PSU:
      • SEASONIC M12D 750W QUAD GFX
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-B10
      • Operating System:
      • win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32'' LGTV 1080p

left right forward, back right forward right left and so on is how i have felt when i tried an Xbox controller and that was just to walk in a straight line, ha!

you just cant beat a mouse, using one of the keys for forward movement and the other for firing!

Thanks

Once you start Pc gaming for real, you will never go back to consoles.

Thanks

i have a couple of mates who bought 360s
    and both of them use the 360s for tiger woods and thats about it cause they still cant after 5 years play FPS on a controller

Registered+
    Thanks

I converted to PC gaming a few months ago and its hard to go back. Games often look a lot better on PC and its hard to beat having 60 FPS. With that said, I am looking forward to next gen consoles to see what they bring to the table.

Registered+
    Thanks

One word man: 'mods'
    Xbox is so linear. PC offers so much more freedom.
    Good time to switch now as well as the 360 market slows down waiting for 720

Registered+
    Thanks

I have to agree with the majority of opinions, PC gaming is the way to go.

Even with a modest budget you can put together a system which will rival the current generation of consoles with much more flexibility and (often) backwards compatibility which is set to disappear with future consoles I expect.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • DLUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Scan 3XS Bundle, Asus P67 Rev 1 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4.9 Ghz 2600k
      • Memory:
      • 4 GB DDR3 Corsair
      • Storage:
      • OCZ Revo 2 x 2 240 GB, Crucial M4 Win 7 Boot drive 256 GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 680 2GB Msi
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress 2 Special Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64 HP
      • Monitor(s):
      • 400HZ 47" LED 3D, 120 HZ 24" LCD Acer Nvidia 3D
      • Internet:
      • 120MB Fibre Optic Virgin Media

PC is better graphics, more res, more screens, better 3d, cheaper games for more hardware cost and more effort to keep it running well. Consoles are easy to buy and maintain but the general 720p GFX, slow loading times (loading skyrim off DVD or HDD vs SSD just lol) and way Sony or MS mug you on game prices means as ever they should be thought as 'starter' games PCs. When your ready you can upgrade to a games PC.

I have the consoles due to some good games being console only, but game 90% more on my Games PCs. The issue for many is cost but once you add up the extra for console games, paying for online services on some consoles even access to web content and costs of some of the extra hardware on consoles the PC isn't always that much more.

And stuff like modding or more players online in many games and being able to improve the looks and feel of games by spending cash on upgrades means if you love gaming, you have a PC and console.

You don't care if 4 mates sit playing Fifa XX after a few beers on your TV and console with blurry GFX and slow loading times, it's about fun, not how pretty it is! Then you load a game like Skyrim-Batman AC - Sleeping Dogs etc etc modded and in HD3D on a PC and look at console screenshots and want to point and laugh at the console versions screenshots as they look like the PC one would, if someone punched you in the eye (several times).

And the real question is now 'do you need a Decent smart phone or Tablet and games PC' or 'console and games PC'?

Consoles still rock for Social and Family gaming (something phones, smart TVs and tablets may steal from them!). PC is more about 'me!' time.
    Last edited by DLUK; 20-08-2012 at 05:46 AM.

3XS i7 2600k 4.9 Ghz, P67, FT02 SE, MSi GTX 680, 4GB DDR3, OCZ Revo 2 x2 PCIE SSD 240 GB, G930 7.1.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Bodin's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z77 Sabertooth
      • CPU:
      • I7 3770 @ 4.6ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Corsair Jet Black @ 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 2x256gb SSD 1 x 2 tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 680 SC SIG 2 SLI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX 850
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 (64 bit)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 30" Ultrasharp
      • Internet:
      • Sky - too slow

Personally I think it all quickly went down hill with the Wii, the Ipod and wider use of Internet. I'm coming from perspective of someone who was a pc gamer from the C64 onwards and who got fed up with always searching for drivers to get a game to work. BUT now going back to PC.

Wii - great at what it does but Sony & Microsoft wanted in on the action so developers have focused on integrating gimmicky controllers. As consoles have reached the end of their lives games are more linear and less imaginative, controls are numb and the player less immersed.

People gave apple a go...moving towards laptops also. To me that also killed off interest in pc gaming particularly with mobile phone games etc.

Increase in Internet has given more people access to online environment and that has drawn people away from games. Being swamped in entertainment options!

However, I think people are beginning to realise that Pc games give more control, better graphics and gameplay, immersion and better communities. I find the ps3 and Xbox communities swamped with kids and gamers who are not committed.

So I am proud to be making my return to the PC....bring it on!

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DLUK View Post
    PC is better graphics, more res, more screens, better 3d, cheaper games for more hardware cost and more effort to keep it running well. Consoles are easy to buy and maintain but the general 720p GFX, slow loading times (loading skyrim off DVD or HDD vs SSD just lol) and way Sony or MS mug you on game prices means as ever they should be thought as 'starter' games PCs. When your ready you can upgrade to a games PC.

I have the consoles due to some good games being console only, but game 90% more on my Games PCs. The issue for many is cost but once you add up the extra for console games, paying for online services on some consoles even access to web content and costs of some of the extra hardware on consoles the PC isn't always that much more.

And stuff like modding or more players online in many games and being able to improve the looks and feel of games by spending cash on upgrades means if you love gaming, you have a PC and console.

You don't care if 4 mates sit playing Fifa XX after a few beers on your TV and console with blurry GFX and slow loading times, it's about fun, not how pretty it is! Then you load a game like Skyrim-Batman AC - Sleeping Dogs etc etc modded and in HD3D on a PC and look at console screenshots and want to point and laugh at the console versions screenshots as they look like the PC one would, if someone punched you in the eye (several times).

And the real question is now 'do you need a Decent smart phone or Tablet and games PC' or 'console and games PC'?

Consoles still rock for Social and Family gaming (something phones, smart TVs and tablets may steal from them!). PC is more about 'me!' time.
    Completely agree. I'm gradually pulling myself away from the console to my PC and have some of the same games from console to PC and the detail difference is astounding.

My very first experience was on Opertaion Metro with Battlefield 3 and comparing it to my console version was like going 'next gen'.
    Some games suit Pc some suit consoles but now I've experienced the difference alot of my recent purchases have been for PC now

Registered+
    Thanks

The main advantage is the use of a mouse, as others have said.

The only problem is I find it hard to go back to playing FPS games on consoles, because I know I can't aim at anywhere near my best.

Having more options and freedom is always a good thing. Even if your PC can not push the graphics to the max, at least you can choose where you want the compromise to be.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • tompettibone's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ECS
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom 9500 x4
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • WD 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 550 Ti 1GB
      • PSU:
      • Diablotek PSUL575
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Premium Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC 2236
      • Internet:
      • DSL

O.K. I started playing video games with the Atari 2600 and Intellivision all the way up through the Nintendo 64 before I started playing on the computer. I transitioned to a pc with no problem. When I try to play a game on a 360, I suck. Computers are sooo much better than a console.

Thanks

in my opinion pc gaming is always better for fps and rts games

Thanks
    • outwar6010's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asus Crosshair x370
      • CPU:
      • 1800x @ 4ghz
      • Memory:
      • Team Group Dark Pro Edition 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHZ
      • Storage:
      • More than most
      • Graphics card(s):
      • evga 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • corsair ax 760
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900d
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 pro 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • hp omen 32
      • Internet:
      • Bt infinite

i get more kills on consoles not to knock on console gamers (which i have been longer than a pc gamer kinda) it depends on your interface preference if you're competant with keyboard and mouse gaming you will be okay and have fun but if you're like me and hate k and m for gaming and prefer controller you wont do as good as you're use to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information