Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know how to hide servers you don't like on Battlelog (BF3)?

ZaO

Anyone know how to hide servers you don't like on Battlelog (BF3)?

I was playing in a server earlier and everytime I killed the admin he used a console command to kill me. When I asked why for the third time he finally replied and said "maybe if you move it'll be alright". Which I think was implying that I was camping, even though I always push forward for the objective unless I'm pinned down real bad. He was actually camping when I killed him to which makes it funnier lol. He obviously just wanted to be a god in the server because he can't do any good without cheating. I really don't need to play in servers with admins like this so was hoping I could hide the ones I don't want to play in from showing up in the server browser results. Anyone know of a way? Thanks.

Btw, this is that crappy server if anyone's interested: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...uest-Hardcore/

Thanks
    • Phage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair VIII
      • CPU:
      • 3800x
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb @ 3600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 512Gb + 2Tb Samsung 860
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 850w
      • Case:
      • Fractal Define 7
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1

Re: Anyone know how to hide servers you don't like on Battlelog (BF3)?

There are so few servers worth playing on now. I'm limited to Scan, Old Crabbits and a few others. I have a policy of leaving as soon as it is obvious that there is cheating.
    Headshots across map with a tank frinstance.
    Society's to blame,
    Or possibly Atari.

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    There are so few servers worth playing on now. I'm limited to Scan, Old Crabbits and a few others. I have a policy of leaving as soon as it is obvious that there is cheating.
    Headshots across map with a tank frinstance.
    Yeh I was gonna play on the scan servers most the time but none of them are hardcore and I only play hardcore mode. Running around with a big red triangle above your head is just effin stupid, I hate it. By chance I just joined that damned server again without realizing. Admin kept killing people and accusing them of camping. After loads of people complained they just nuked us all.

The community was much better back in the BF2 days. This game has attracted a load of morons now. I don't mind the occasional team killer having a laugh but these power tripping admins just kill the game completely. I have started building a favourites list for servers but I see no option for disliked servers. I'm really hoping there is some way I can hide certain servers...

Thanks
    • Firejack's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus PRIME X470-Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
      • Memory:
      • TG Dark Pro "8pack Edition"
      • Storage:
      • Crucial 250GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD, Samsung 1TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire RX VEGA 56 8GB Pulse
      • PSU:
      • SeaSonic Focus Plus 650 Gold
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2719DGF
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

I do get asked about making one of the Scan servers Hardcore on a regular basis. Unfortunately we've never had anyone come forward with the time/commitment to make it happen. It would be a real effort to get it filled everyday and keep it full. Hardcore servers are harder to fill because of the way Battlelogs Quickmatch feature works. But if you could get some friends/platoon members to help you build a core group of players its definitely an option.

To hide servers you need to use the Radar feature of Better Battlelog for Chrome/Firefox. I don't use it myself but several of my platoon do. - http://getbblog.com/

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Firejack View Post
    I do get asked about making one of the Scan servers Hardcore on a regular basis. Unfortunately we've never had anyone come forward with the time/commitment to make it happen. It would be a real effort to get it filled everyday and keep it full. Hardcore servers are harder to fill because of the way Battlelogs Quickmatch feature works. But if you could get some friends/platoon members to help you build a core group of players its definitely an option.

To hide servers you need to use the Radar feature of Better Battlelog for Chrome/Firefox. I don't use it myself but several of my platoon do. - http://getbblog.com/
    I don't think you'd have any trouble filling a HC server. Why not try it for a couple weeks and see?

BTW thanks for that link! Just what I wanted!!

Finlay Backwards?
    Thanks
    • hnosyalnif's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500k @ 4.2 + Corsair A70
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance (1600Mhz)
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Crucial M4 + 1TB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2GB MSI HD6950 Twin Frozr III @ 850/5200
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX-850
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster CM-690-II Advanced Dominator
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp 2412M
      • Internet:
      • BT ASDL2

Thanks
    • Firejack's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus PRIME X470-Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2719DGF
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

Nooo! no advertising LtMatts server. He has enough players

He is part of our group of Multiplay server admins that help each other out. Nice guy. Puts A LOT of effort into his server. Gets up 7am each day to make sure its filled /respect

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    I don't think you'd have any trouble filling a HC server. Why not try it for a couple weeks and see?

BTW thanks for that link! Just what I wanted!!
    Because I don't have the time to populate the server. That is to say idle on it. Not a Hardcore player either so I couldn't tell you whether or not I'd chosen good settings.

Flipping the question around. Why don't you give it a shot at being admin on the server for a few weeks? I'm happy to do all the configuration to whatever settings you like in terms of maps etc. All it requires is your time to make it a success

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by hnosyalnif View Post
    Already on my favourites Old Timers [OTT] is a good server to. Decent admins

He is part of our group of Multiplay server admins that help each other out. Nice guy. Puts A LOT of effort into his server. Gets up 7am each day to make sure its filled /respect

Because I don't have the time to populate the server. That is to say idle on it. Not a Hardcore player either so I couldn't tell you whether or not I'd chosen good settings.

Flipping the question around. Why don't you give it a shot at being admin on the server for a few weeks? I'm happy to do all the configuration to whatever settings you like in terms of maps etc. All it requires is your time to make it a success
    I don't get it. You saying it's harder to run a HC server somehow? I've never done it before but I could have a go being a server admin for a few weeks yeh. I can't be logged into it all the time though. Can't you get auto admins? I've played on servers that use those. Server just runs itself.

Finlay Backwards?
    Thanks
    • hnosyalnif's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500k @ 4.2 + Corsair A70
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance (1600Mhz)
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Crucial M4 + 1TB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2GB MSI HD6950 Twin Frozr III @ 850/5200
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX-850
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster CM-690-II Advanced Dominator
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp 2412M
      • Internet:
      • BT ASDL2

Indeed. He has a lot of players though because of the regularity of admins online and the efforts he puts in the morning to get it going (although it seems to pretty much be self populating at the moment).

Perhaps be an idea to have a HC server if someone wants to run it and see the interest it generates. No harm trying.

Thanks
    • Firejack's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus PRIME X470-Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2719DGF
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

The servers run themselves now 95% of the time. We also have our very own guard dog in the shape of Singh who is a brilliant purger of cheats and general undesirables.

Let me try and explain the situation.

People won't join an empty server. Why should they? With a little effort they can easily find another server with people playing.

To fill the server you therefore need someone to kick start the process. You'll find it tough by yourself and need to start early in the day. Having a group of friends/platoon mates can really help. 8 people can usually fill a server, or get it almost full in as little as 30 minutes.

Here is what is going on.
    Battlelog will only return results for active servers. This could be a server thats got a game in progress or a server thats just rebooted and reported itself ready.
    The QuickMatch feature of Battlelog has some set requirements.
    Game Rules has to be Normal
    Game Mode has to be TDM, Rush or Conquest (not conquest 64!)
    Maps have to be from the Base game only. No expansions

As you can see its really limiting and a *stupid* system. Especially when there is one final element. The maximum slot size of the server has to be no more then 4 of the current player count.
    So 0 player of 4 slots max
    Or 11 players of 14 slots max
    If you don't do this you are only going to get players joining you server through friends in the Comm Center, their favourites list or manually searching for a server.

Reading that back its a lot of take in. Essentially it comes down to this

Don't worry about settings, cheats or anything else. All we need you to do for the time being is play on the server!

If thats ok by you I'll change Scan 6 to whatever setup you want in terms of map rotation

ZaO

The servers run themselves now 95% of the time. We also have our very own guard dog in the shape of Singh who is a brilliant purger of cheats and general undesirables.

Let me try and explain the situation.

People won't join an empty server. Why should they? With a little effort they can easily find another server with people playing.

To fill the server you therefore need someone to kick start the process. You'll find it tough by yourself and need to start early in the day. Having a group of friends/platoon mates can really help. 8 people can usually fill a server, or get it almost full in as little as 30 minutes.

Here is what is going on.
    Battlelog will only return results for active servers. This could be a server thats got a game in progress or a server thats just rebooted and reported itself ready.
    The QuickMatch feature of Battlelog has some set requirements.
    Game Rules has to be Normal
    Game Mode has to be TDM, Rush or Conquest (not conquest 64!)
    Maps have to be from the Base game only. No expansions

As you can see its really limiting and a *stupid* system. Especially when there is one final element. The maximum slot size of the server has to be no more then 4 of the current player count.
    So 0 player of 4 slots max
    Or 11 players of 14 slots max
    If you don't do this you are only going to get players joining you server through friends in the Comm Center, their favourites list or manually searching for a server.

Reading that back its a lot of take in. Essentially it comes down to this

Don't worry about settings, cheats or anything else. All we need you to do for the time being is play on the server!

If thats ok by you I'll change Scan 6 to whatever setup you want in terms of map rotation
    Oh right I see what you're saying now. That is rather stupid for the quick match feature. I never use quick match and assumed most people didn't bother with that as that's generally not the nature of pc gamers... right?

Anyways I am happy to do this if you are. I play BF3 quite a lot at the moment so I'll be on the server as much as I can!

My preferences for a Hardcore server would be:

1. Map rotation thorough all vanilla and B2K maps.
    2. 64 players
    3. Conquest mode with a game of Rush every few maps.
    4. Ranked & PB on.
    5. Players with 5 Team Kills in one round to be kicked automatically and temporarily banned for an hour.
    6. Message popups telling players not to TK for vehicles or they will be kicked and/or banned.
    7. The power to kick or even ban the really troublesome players.

Not sure what else. If you can't do all those things for me than that's cool, it's just my preferences. I just like to play in clean servers with fair admin. Sound good? I'm free pretty much all day today to try and get this thing going

Edit: Oh yeh I forgot ticket count! 600 tickets for a conquest game is great. I think that's 150% right? So 150% for rush also I guess.
    Last edited by ZaO; 11-08-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks
    • Firejack's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus PRIME X470-Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2719DGF
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

1. Ok even harder to fill. A nice challenge though
    2. Servers is already 64 players
    3. Sounds good. Need a more exactly map cycle though. Scan 4 has my preferred map cycle running. I like Conquest + Rush too.
    4. They are already on.
    5. Teamkilling... oh yeah friendly fire on hardcore. Never looked into this but should be easy to do.
    6. Can do that.
    7. you can use !voteban playername !votekick playername for the time being. If this takes off I'll ask Steve (the Scan guy in charge) is happy we can promote you to admin.

ZaO

1. Ok even harder to fill. A nice challenge though
    2. Servers is already 64 players
    3. Sounds good. Need a more exactly map cycle though. Scan 4 has my preferred map cycle running. I like Conquest + Rush too.
    4. They are already on.
    5. Teamkilling... oh yeah friendly fire on hardcore. Never looked into this but should be easy to do.
    6. Can do that.
    7. you can use !voteban playername !votekick playername for the time being. If this takes off I'll ask Steve (the Scan guy in charge) is happy we can promote you to admin.
    Ok I figured this is a good map order:

1. Tehran Highway - CQ
    2. Damavand Peak - Rush
    3. Caspian Border - CQ
    4. Grand Bazaar - CQ
    5. Wake Island - CQ
    6. Operation Metro - Rush
    7. Noshahr Canals - CQ
    8. Kharg Island - CQ
    9. Seine Crossing - CQ
    10. Caspian Border - Rush
    11. Operation Firestorm - CQ
    12. Strike at Karkland - CQ
    13. Damavand Peak - CQ
    14. Kharg Island - Rush
    15. Gulf of Oman - CQ
    16. Sharqi Peninsula - CQ

It runs through every map on conquest (apart from operation Metro because it just doesn't work well on Conquest imo) with a game of Rush after every 3 rounds. I was going to suggest map voting as I really like the idea of that. But every time I play in a server with map voting it's always the same handful of maps that get played and it gets tiresome :/

I didn't know anything about those commands. If I for example said "!votekick annoyingteamkiller", how do other players respond with their vote?

Thanks for this btw, really cool Will you be able to get Steve to promote this in the scan servers thread? I'll do what I can but that would really help eh!

Thanks
    • Firejack's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus PRIME X470-Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2719DGF
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

Ok well 34 people on the server in Hardcore mode right now. Seems people are slowly leaving... something wrong?

ZaO

Ok well 34 people on the server in Hardcore mode right now. Seems people are slowly leaving... something wrong?
    Oh it's already running HC! I just got back home. Gonna make some food n then I'll be on there and invite any friends that are online

Thanks
    • Firejack's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus PRIME X470-Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2719DGF
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

Server is still running Hardcore but I've had to switch the server back to starting with TDM Noshahr Canals. Best map for low numbers of players. Using your main map cycle only got it to 4 players.

As more players join it will change to the larger maps and then finally your map cycle. Hope it fills. Only seen it full for 1 hour so far

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information