Thread: F.E.A.R 2 with an xbox 360 controller - good free software for setting this up?

ZaO

F.E.A.R 2 with an xbox 360 controller - good free software for setting this up?

Just bought F.E.A.R 2 & 3 on the steam sale, dirt cheap

F.E.A.R 2 doesn't appear to have controller support so I need to find a good free prog to set this up.

I think I used xpadder for something like this a few years back. I've also heard of one called something like "joy to key".
    Just wondering if anyone has experience with this kind of software and knows of a good free one other than what I've mentioned? Want to try a few out and see what I like best.
    I may even consider paying for some software like this if it's really special, though I'm not keen on it as it's not the kind of thing I find myself wanting to use much, as most games have xbox controller support straight out of the box... It's not often I use a controller for fps games anyway seeing as the ones I play are usually multiplayer based so using a controller would be silly. However, this is just one of those games that I'd like to kick back on the sofa and play late at night

Cheers all!

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

Re: F.E.A.R 2 with an xbox 360 controller - good free software for setting this up?

There is also Pinnacle Game Profiler but it isn't free. Haven't used it personally but essentially it does the same thing as the ones you have mentioned.

Personally I would go with XPadder, easiest one to set up, there may be a profile available to download already for Fear 2 also with it being out a few year now. I use my 360 wireless pad on a fair few games now, went through Borderlands 2 with it, RAGE & Deus Ex HR last year. Its ideal to just sit back with feet up and play with a pad at times, competetive multiplayer use the tried and trusted KB&M

ZaO

Re: F.E.A.R 2 with an xbox 360 controller - good free software for setting this up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferral View Post
    There is also Pinnacle Game Profiler but it isn't free. Haven't used it personally but essentially it does the same thing as the ones you have mentioned.

Personally I would go with XPadder, easiest one to set up, there may be a profile available to download already for Fear 2 also with it being out a few year now. I use my 360 wireless pad on a fair few games now, went through Borderlands 2 with it, RAGE & Deus Ex HR last year. Its ideal to just sit back with feet up and play with a pad at times, competetive multiplayer use the tried and trusted KB&M
    Cheers for the info
    Xpadder no longer seems to do a free trial, I couldn't figure out how to setup the triggers on joytokey and I tried another one called controlmk, which I couldn't figure out how to setup either. But Pinnacle appear to be doing a free 30 day trial so hopefully I can use that and get a profile off their site. I'm fairly sure I'll complete the game within 30 days

Thread Information