Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok so i got FB...Now what ?

Thanks
    I used to hate the 109, give it some stick on take off and before the wheels have left the ground the engines given up....

She's a tool tho once u learn to treat her right...

Registered+
    Thanks
    Is there anyway i can spectate people as i would love to learn from watching!

I have been playing with pitch but tbh dont notice much difference as im not to used to the game yet.

I have got better at chasing guys down now, But my aiming is poor - I take the ret everywhere and i think i need to lower my joystick sensitivity a bit so that it doesnt shoot left right and whereever when i try to aim on them lol!

Some guys seem to get amazing speeds off, i thought spitfire was fastest plane but when im doing 550 or so people still getting away! shocking!

iNsChris

Thanks
    Best place to learn is at a LAN tbh..

Failing that u can spectate using external views on a server..

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    a FW190 will out pace a Spit with no hassle....and then outclimb it too....in a zoom climb.

Dont forget an ME262 is a JET

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Registered+
    Thanks
    so what is best planes to pick?

I still need to master shooting, dam hard

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    first planes:

Lagg 3 1941 first. Its slowish, but nice to fly. If ya stall you have a good chance of just pushing the nose down, and twisting the rudder the opposite way tot he spin and she'll come out gently

then an IL-2 for the heavy beast.....hard as nails, turns well, just hard to steer on the ground cos its heavy and the rudder DOES work but its a delayed effect.

then a Hurricane Mk2 B (12 machine guns) or C (4 canons) cos its a classic by any standards

Then an LA7 to find out what an UBER PLANE IS

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Registered+
    Thanks
    there is one plane that when i take off it just rotates and lands on its side... Its a right bugger!

What are the stalls speeds by the way? Spitfire seems to stall when im diving which is strange as stall is dustrubed airflow and usually when Angle of attack is to high! not nose dive...

But dont really get it

iNsChris

adamspestcontrol.co.uk
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iNsChris
    there is one plane that when i take off it just rotates and lands on its side... Its a right bugger!

What are the stalls speeds by the way? Spitfire seems to stall when im diving which is strange as stall is dustrubed airflow and usually when Angle of attack is to high! not nose dive...

But dont really get it

iNsChris
    Ermm stalling a spit in a dive??????? She will stall in a high speed turn at 270ish if you drop the wing but that I need to see

Registered+
    Thanks
    hmmm it seems to go so fast in a dive i spin out! most of the times its immpossible to get out of!

and if i drop throttle to avoid it the enemy gets away then gains height must faster than i can after applying full power again!

iNsChris

Thanks

But dont really get it

iNsChris
    Stalling, as you know, can be affected by a number of factors. Mass, Load factor, Angle of Bank, Power, and Flap position can all change the speed at which you stall. Key to understanding a dynamic (or high speed) stall, and it sounds like this is what you are describing, is the load factor. As the load factor increases, (say by pulling up a little too abruptly during a fast dive in a Spitfire), the weight of the aeroplane increases. And as the weight of the aeroplane increases the stalling angle of attack is reached at a higher airspeed.

A dynamic stall is more likely to happen in a steeply banked turn, as load factors increase during the turn, but pullling up abruptly from a dive will have the same effect.

God bless Oleg for his realistic flight dynamics
    Last edited by MA_Moby; 21-09-2004 at 09:04 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Its strange because other guys in spits can pull it off and never stall when in dogfights, so i try to keep just outside there turn to not even get close to a stall and it still stalls for me lol

I guess ill soon master it! My shooting needs to improve first dont want to be letting those hard earned kills get away!

Thanks
    TBH learn to fly before you can shoot...

Thanks
    Its strange because other guys in spits can pull it off and never stall when in dogfights, so i try to keep just outside there turn to not even get close to a stall and it still stalls for me lol

I guess ill soon master it! My shooting needs to improve first dont want to be letting those hard earned kills get away!
    It's a matter of learning when the different planes will stall in their turns, and how far you can push them. With enough practice and familiarity with a particular plane you will be able to hold it on the edge of a stall. If you have a force feedback stick that helps, because everything starts juddering when you're about to go. If not, then listen for the whistling wind noise as the airflow seperates from the wing.

Practice is definitely the key. I'm rusty as hell - so when I was DFing in a LaGG the other day I'd completely forgotten how it stalls (I didn't help much when my stick started to fail as well ) - whereas i used to be a demon in it!

Registered+
    Thanks
    yeh it shakes which is cool! Just some guys in say yaks can turn in 1p pieces its amazing!

Are these guys amazing or is it some kind of cheat? They turn so easily and get on everyones ass and then take you out!

At the moment my issue seems to be not to overtake the enemy! I always seem to! i dont know how some of them loose so much speed... if i lower flasps after a dive like im guessing these guys so they would break!

Anyone got any videos i can watch to see some good dogfights and elarn some stuff?

Thanks
    Its a cheat - the AI pull silly manouvers that are impossible to follow when you get on their 6, it sucks but thats the way it is m'fraid. Fly against human opponents if you want realism.

adamspestcontrol.co.uk
    Thanks
    yeh it shakes which is cool! Just some guys in say yaks can turn in 1p pieces its amazing!

Are these guys amazing or is it some kind of cheat? They turn so easily and get on everyones ass and then take you out!

At the moment my issue seems to be not to overtake the enemy! I always seem to! i dont know how some of them loose so much speed... if i lower flasps after a dive like im guessing these guys so they would break!

Anyone got any videos i can watch to see some good dogfights and elarn some stuff?
    1st on turning Ive flown against guys that couldnt out turn a tortoise and as you say others that can hold the plane on the very edge

2nd Id put money on those planes you are over taking using scissors or rolling scissors to evade you. Counter with a Hi Yo Yo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information