Thread: Battlefield 4 discussion..

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UC88 34-Inch 21:9
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

Re: Battlefield 4 discussion and Hardware requirements speculation

Full patch notes:

NOVEMBER 14 PC GAME UPDATE PATCH NOTES
    In the November 14 PC game update, we fixed a number of issues that we have been seeing in the game. The main focus in this update is on crash fixes, and you can find a detailed list of the fixes below. We will continue our efforts to eliminate issues we find in the game, so stay tuned for more updates. Let us know how this update works for you.

CRASHES & FREEZES
    -Fixed a crash that would occur randomly during gameplay.
    -Fixed a crash that would occur when an object is destroyed.
    -Every time that a player exited a vehicle, there was a small chance that the server would crash. This has been fixed.
    -Fixed an occasional crash during SP gameplay.
    -Fixed a crash that would occur during level loading.
    -Sometimes the game would attempt to load a model at the same time as it was being thrown out of memory. This has been fixed.
    -Sometimes the game would crash after removing old bullet holes/scratch marks in the world. This has been fixed.
    -Sometimes when a player or enemy was sitting in the jeep gunner entry and got killed, his body would rest on the vehicle in such a way that the physics simulation would require lots of CPU usage. This has been solved.
    -Fixed a crash occurring on Flood Zone when playing Conquest Large.
    -Fixed a common crash relating to surface shaders.
    -Fixed a crash on Test Range that could occur when using sniper rifles.
    -Fixed a common crash that occurred during map transition.
    -Fixed a crash that occurred when bringing up Battlescreen in-game on the Test Range.
    -Fixed a memory allocation bug that could lead to crashing.
    -Fixed a single player crash that could sometimes occur when being killed by AI enemies.
    -Fixed an issue where the game would get stuck in infinite loading if you got disconnected while trying to access online content.
    -Fixed an issue in single player in the South China Sea mission where the game would crash when idle for more than 60 minutes.
    -Fixed an issue where the game would get stuck in infinite loading if you used Win+L to lock your PC during loading.

NETWORK PERFORMANCE
    Eliminated a network sync bug
    If you’ve been experiencing situations in multiplayer where it appears that you are taking damage from enemies through walls, you might have been the victim of a network sync bug. In this game update, we have identified and eliminated one such bug that caused this type of gameplay experience. We are continuing to work on more multiplayer optimizations concerning network performance.

Improved Network Smoothing
    We have made some improvements to the ”Network Smoothing” functionality that you can find in the OPTIONS>GAMEPLAY menu. The Network Smoothing slider governs a group of settings that aim to produce a tighter multiplayer experience based on your specific packet loss situation.

Removed network lag
    In certain specific situations, network lag would be introduced when interacting with objects in the game. This has been experienced by some players during melee combat, when climbing ladders, and when operating stationary weapons. The cause for these specific network lag situations has been solved.

GAMEPLAY BALANCING
    -Removed the scout helicopter at the final base for the defenders in Rush mode on Siege of Shanghai
    -Adjusted a Conquest flag position on Zavod 311 that was obstructing vehicles.
    -At Hainan Resort in Rush mode, defenders were given too much armor at the first base. We have removed the defender IFV at the first base, added an attacker IFV at the first base, and increased the spawn delay on the defender IFV at the third base.
    -Fixed so that there is 1 revive per round Defuse, as opposed to 1 per set.
    -Removed all previously placed C4 and mines after a round of Defuse to eliminate the possibility to affect the next round.

GRAPHICS
    -Fixed a minor graphical error on Operation Locker.
    -Fixed an issue where the in-game Battlelog would get distorted when a Commander launched an EMP attack.
    -Fixed a floating container on Golmud Railway near flag C in Domination.
    -Fixed an issue with the minimap in Rush mode.
    -Fixed an issue in Obliteration mode where the red light flash and beep sound was not played when the bomb carrier was moving.
    -Fixed an issue in Defuse where the bomb model sometimes did not display on the bomb carrier.
    -Fixed minor graphical alignment issues in the Spectator Mode camera layout.
    -Fixed an issue in Spectator Mode where the spectator's view incorrectly would get distorted during an EMP deployment from a Commander.

MISCELLANEOUS
    -Fixed a bug that occasionally killed all sounds on the server if you fired the QBU-88 with an attached silencer.
    -Fixed the issue where pressing B would bring up the console.
    -Fixed an issue where the EMP effect lasted for too long on soldiers.
    -Fixed an issue with an area you couldn't traverse near one of the M-COM stations in Rush mode on Siege of Shanghai.
    -Fixed an issue relating to player skill levels. -Fixed an issue in Obliteration mode where the bomb would temporarily be placed in the sky after the bomb carrier was killed when swimming or in a water-based vehicle.
    -Fixed an occasional jitter in the kill camera.
    -Fixed so that Russian special characters are displayed properly in the chat window.
    -Fixed so that the System Performance Test option is working as expected.
    -Fixed a bug where a rank-up message would loop in-game
    -Moved a machine gun position on Lancang Dam that was placed on top of a building that can collapse.
    -Added sound when navigating the scoreboard in the End of Round screen.
    -Fixed a broken ladder in Siege of Shanghai.
    -Adjusted vehicle spawn locations on Dawnbreaker in Conquest mode to alleviate traffic jam.
    -Fixed a flickering-issue on Siege of Shanghai when using NVidia drivers 331.52.
    -Fixed a bug on Golmud Railway where a destroyed house at flag A would block gunfire.
    -Fixed a Ticket count issue in Rush mode.
    -Commanders can no longer erroneously try to get match-made into a game of Domination.
    -If the user restarts checkpoint during the End Scene , he will receive an old objective along with the credits.
    -Fixed a destruction issue on Flood Zone.
    -Fixed a Rhib boat issue in one of the single player missions.
    -Fixed an issue where players would respawn after getting killed and have no main weapon available.
    -Fixed so you won't see the emblem of a user that you have blocked.
    -Fixed an issue where you couldn't smash through the railings with a quad bike on the Dawnbreaker map.
    -Added clickable buttons to the in-game Battlelog.
    -Fixed a bug in single player where the player is killed if he climbs after Irish too fast up the ladder in one of the missions.
    -Various other minor issues.

UPDATE #11 (Nov 14-2):
    Server Update R10 rolling out
    We are seeing a lot of server crashes at the moment. These are being solved by rolling out a new server patch on PC (Server Update R10). It will take a few hours for this new server version to propagate, but it should be with most servers in a matter of a couple of hours. If you are getting error messages referring to the China Rising expansion pack when trying to join a multiplayer server, please try another server. This error will only appear if a server has not yet updated from server version R9 to R10.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...5217944685108/

ZaO

This new patch has made the game worse imo. It crashes less during gameplay, sure. Though it often crashes at the end of a game. But I'm also getting all those horrible old school 3D effect colours blurring about all over the place like an acid trip. Hit detection and lag issues have become terrible. It's like playing BF3 again. Other weird bugs where you can't go up ladders and lock up, then sometimes you'll suddenly appear at the top and can't move for a few seconds. Freelook in choppers and planes is more broken than before. Did I mention hit detection and delayed lag hit 2 seconds after going into cover issues? Terrible patch.

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    How did you get the mtar 21 ?
    It's an assignment. Not shown on battlelog atm, but you'll see it in the assignments screen after the round, IIRC it was something like 1 kill with assault rifle, LMG, sniper rifle and grenade all in one round. There's also the L85A2, for 3 assault rifle ribbons(anytime) and a kill each 40mm, assault rifle and defib in 1 round. Not gotten that yet.

There's a load of other new assignments popping up for me too, but those are the only ones I've spotted so far that unlock a gun. Everything else was tags or paint.

Show Jumper ! Word..
    Thanks
    • Andi-C's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus GENE V
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k under a H110i (4.6)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (4x4gb) Corsair 1800 DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 256gb - Sandisk ultra 1T
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Gaming 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet Dark power Pro 850W
      • Case:
      • Corsair D350
      • Operating System:
      • Window 10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • SG2716 (2560 x 1440) 144hz
      • Internet:
      • Zen ADSL2+

Got to love this so called fix ! Anyone getting the Blur affect from this patch ? Very off putting when in a figher fight, I've done the user.cfg file blocking it but there is another fix for it that EA have placed out.

Update: Supposedly EA are aware of this 'blur' issue and the following user.cfg settings should act as a workaround to stop it for now:

WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

The other thing I'm finding is the Netcode issue, there is a post on the BL forums asking for info

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...4767949717024/

Now I get this a far amount...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu09XFqRYmE

and here's a guy saying about the issue in BF4 & explains it well !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_z0U_L-Hgw

And this that they don't want but is this also not a netcode issue, it can be also LAG but if your game has been runnig fine & every one is smooth then its netcode ?

Such videos would contain: damage/hit marker delays, server lag, and being killed before you see the enemy.
    Last edited by Andi-C; 15-11-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

I think the blur issue is just the 'effect' carrying from the loading screen (where it is supposed to be cos DICE's art team is weird) into the game itself.

I've seen suggestions its a sign of EMP UAV above you but I had it in a game without a commander :/

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

There is a screen effect from EMP drones, but I wouldn't call it blurry. It's more like your classic movie cliche 'you're being hacked' effect. Artifacting and tearing kind of stuff.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

LMAO that is a long list of fixes. Good to know they care enough to test the game first. Seriously, how much have you all paid for this thing? I'd love to know what folk would do if EA's next office designers sent out structural designs in a similar condition...

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Andi-C View Post
    Got to love this so called fix ! Anyone getting the Blur affect from this patch ? Very off putting when in a figher fight, I've done the user.cfg file blocking it but there is another fix for it that EA have placed out.

Update: Supposedly EA are aware of this 'blur' issue and the following user.cfg settings should act as a workaround to stop it for now:

WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

The other thing I'm finding is the Netcode issue, there is a post on the BL forums asking for info

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...4767949717024/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_z0U_L-Hgw

And this that they don't want but is this also not a netcode issue, it can be also LAG but if your game has been runnig fine & every one is smooth then its netcode ?
    Great post mate
    i think netcode was the word i was looking for in earlier posts. i kept saying "hit detection" or "hitboxes" i think. but yeh, it's netcode - and it's terrible after that last patch!!
    the acid trip blur thing is nasty too. i have motion blur turned down to 0 but it's still there. maybe that config trick finishes the job so will give it a go

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Turkle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • AsRock 970 Extreme 3 Rev2.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX 8320
      • Memory:
      • 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 250GB, 2x1TB Samsung F3, Seagate 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R9 290 SOON !!
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic X 750
      • Case:
      • CM HAF X
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ 24" TN Panel

I haven't played in about a week because I have not managed to finish one match of conquest yet, due to constant CTDs...Also, I had headshots on many occasions that did not register. Has this new patch fixed anything?

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Turkle View Post
    I haven't played in about a week because I have not managed to finish one match of conquest yet, due to constant CTDs...Also, I had headshots on many occasions that did not register. Has this new patch fixed anything?
    Crashes are nowhere near as frequent for me. But I think it's worse over all. It's broken many other things. The netcode issue has been the absolute deal breaker for me. I'm generally a very calm dude when I play games. I never rage you know. But this issue has managed to get me feeling pretty Pee'd off more than a few times. A shooter that doesn't register hits is about as broken as the mechanics of a game can get!

Show Jumper ! Word..
    Thanks
    • Andi-C's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus GENE V
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k under a H110i (4.6)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (4x4gb) Corsair 1800 DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 256gb - Sandisk ultra 1T
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Gaming 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet Dark power Pro 850W
      • Case:
      • Corsair D350
      • Operating System:
      • Window 10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • SG2716 (2560 x 1440) 144hz
      • Internet:
      • Zen ADSL2+

Quote Originally Posted by Turkle View Post
    As ZaO said its better, there still is the sound issue & some servers crash out losing all your stats. I manage to play for 2-3 hours last night & not have one CTD but the night before I had two in large server's !

There are some work arounds for the CTD, things I've done is find servers that are not about 48 players & below ! The 64+ player servers are a bit hit and miss depending on the map rotation too... Played 9 games of TDM with the only issues of sound & blur bugs, the net code problems don't seem as bad in small servers but this was the same in BF3 for me, hit reg is far worse in populated server's.

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

My experience compared to BF3 has been surprisingly okay, the game is amazing and I honestly did expect to be disappointed as it looked just like BF3 but somehow almost everything that needed changing has been changed and it feel like a totally different game .

The campaign is long enough with good action and a story that does develop to a point, much better than BF3 which the campaign felt all over the place and nothing really happened lol. The only thing I would like added is voice over for the guy you play, hes always asked so many questions yet never replies my personal issue with games as I am a massive RPG fan so love a story that you're involved in haha.

Multiplayer, this has been good as Battlelog I believe is finally at v2.0 which to me seems reasonably reliable I had several crash to desktop moments but this was in the first day so I expected it and it certainly has dropped considerably, I will CTD about 1 in 20 games and thats only really when I am joining games if I can play one match and stay on the server I have no issues. The only time I lost points was completely random, was in a server played the game (got 95k points...) and continued onto the next map which loaded and I was running around but my friend wanted to go to a different server so I quit and well my points never materialised afterwards, went back 2 levels and several unlocks... wasnt like a few 1000 it was 95! Was a bit annoyed and that was last week so I stopped playing for a few days but its the first time and hopefully last time I have this issue .

I love how the multiplayer finally has squads working flawlessly, I join a server my friends follow and we're all in a squad ready and waiting and the whole destructive environment is a massive improvement from the rather poor scripted destruction in 3 (apart from 2 buildings) this time its 90% of everything on the map which is nice, lovely blowing up the building with someone in it haha. Netcode does seem off but I have seen this mostly on the servers with more than 48 players so I tend to play on the 32/48 servers at the minute till its fixed as they seem rather decent, I turn net smoothing down to 20% which certainly helps registering hits and its enough to hide rubber banding if its happening on the server.

FPS wise I find performance to be rather good, my 1ghz 7950 is doing fine and for the most part I dont see it dip below 60FPS on High with 2x aa and normal AA (whatever the post processing thing is at the bottom) and the SSAO filter instead of the HBAO at 1920x1080. Cant wait for mantle as it will be even better .

In closing, BF4 has been much more reliable than BF3 ever was and launch has been surprisingly sturdy and the game is amazing .
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Thanks
    • Ciber's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Prime X470 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Team Group
      • Storage:
      • ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB + 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX960 Strix
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Prime Ultra Snow Silent 650W
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Pro
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG329Q
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Andi-C View Post

I found that I missed like that lots until I turned all graphics to low. It's lag caused by your CPU or GPU stuttering combined with the client side hit detection. I think.
    My blog

I used to play BF3, Battlefield BC2, BF4 and TF2

Do something amazing.... Give blood

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Ciber View Post
    I found that I missed like that lots until I turned all graphics to low. It's lag caused by your CPU or GPU stuttering combined with the client side hit detection. I think.
    Peoples settings will have an effect on this I'm sure. But it's got way worse since the last patch. It was almost flawless before from my experience. So I think the patch is mostly to blame. But maybe it's more the server patch than the client patch. People definitely want to try playing with the interpolation (network smoothing) setting as well. I have mine turned right down to 0 in an attempt to be as up to date with what's actually happening in the game as possible. The general rule with it is to turn it down as low as you can, without seeing animation glitches/jerking.

I don't see amd getting a new full release driver out until they make this game work better. Hopefully after the next patch...

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

Found a list of the early weapons from china rising;

Open Fire - L85A2
    Get a pistol kill, 40mm Grenade Launcher Kill, & Defibrillator Kill in the same round
    Get 3x Assault Rifle Ribbons (Kill 6 Enemies for One Ribbon)

Need Only One - L96A1
    Get a Shotgun, DMR, & C4 Kill in the same round
    Get 3x Sniper Rifle Ribbons (Kill 6 Enemies for one Ribbon)

Multi Talent - MTAR-21
    Get an AR, LMG, Sniper Rifle, and Grenade kill in the same round

Make A Dent - MP7
    Destroy an Air Vehicle with a portable AA
    Get 3x Anti Vehicle Ribbons (Destroy 2 Vehicles per Ribbon)

I'd go unlock them.. if I could get in the game. Got the MTAR last night. Hip fire death machine.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

I cant connect to anything at the moment. I guess it has something to do with:

NOTICE: WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING ATTACKS ON OUR INFRASTRUCTURE THAT IS IMPACTING ONLINE GAMEPLAY ON BF4 PC. WE ARE WORKING ON MITIGATING ACTIONS

Which is posted on the top of my battlelog. As if the game didnt have enough problems without them getting e-attacked aswell :@

Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724344454 ... LastLast

Thread Information