• Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

Re: Battlefield 4 discussion..

Why do people join servers with objectives just to camp. Go play TDM FFS.

32 man server, so 16 man team on Flood Zone domination, 10+ in the building off to the far right(for the uninitiated as far from the flags as you can possibly be), all constantly complaining that they kept losing because the team was bad. Not one bothering to take an objective the whole round, but of course it was the fault of people with a bad KD from PTFO'ing outnumbered 3:1. I hate these people.

On a more posivite note. Seems more stable today and I really like the head tweaks they've made, makes a huge difference if you like to shade and generally less "how?" moments.

EDIT: Must be tent sale on or something, they're everywhere today. 4 servers later, 4 teams full of snipers.
    Last edited by chuckskull; 10-12-2013 at 05:10 PM.

2. Received thanks from:

ik9000 (10-12-2013)

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UC88 34-Inch 21:9
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

Quote Originally Posted by chuckskull View Post
    Why do people join servers with objectives just to camp. Go play TDM FFS.

32 man server, so 16 man team on Flood Zone domination, 10+ in the building off to the far right(for the uninitiated as far from the flags as you can possibly be), all constantly complaining that they kept losing because the team was bad. Not one bothering to take an objective the whole round, but of course it was the fault of people with a bad KD from PTFO'ing outnumbered 3:1. I hate these people.

On a more posivite note. Seems more stable today and I really like the head tweaks they've made, makes a huge difference if you like to shade and generally less "how?" moments.

EDIT: Must be tent sale on or something, they're everywhere today. 4 servers later, 4 teams full of snipers.
    I switched to sniper the other day as I'm missing the assignments for it however I'm having more luck using a sniper rifle in CQC with Iron Sights than as a long range weapon

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

edit: Must be tent sale on or something, they're everywhere today. 4 servers later, 4 teams full of snipers.
    lol!

Supermarket Generic Brand AETAaAS's Avatar
    Thanks
    • AETAaAS's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 2600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Vengeance 3000
      • Storage:
      • Intel 660p 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080TI SC2
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus 850W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP Envy 32
      • Internet:
      • 17mbps

Quote Originally Posted by Dooms View Post
    I switched to sniper the other day as I'm missing the assignments for it however I'm having more luck using a sniper rifle in CQC with Iron Sights than as a long range weapon
    I prefer to use snipers with iron sights too. Which assignment are you after? If it is Sniper Expert and you need the 50 Marksman Ribbons (250m+ headshot), the easiest way I've found to do it is on Hainan Resort. Stay somewhere around the US base (easiest place) and snipe the roof campers. I got 10 ribbons in one round.

Using the distance compensation (usually the V button I think) is very useful. If you don't know the range, equip the PLD in the equipment slot, it has a built-in rangefinder. Then once you memorize the typical compensations, switch to a TUGS or MAV to avoid getting knifed for being a dirty sniper!

Also at these ranges, I recommend using a 20x scope with a 14x secondary (to more readily spot opposing snipers). Shoot the building and memorize the approximate drop as marked by the smoke puff where the bullet hits. I've seen players who shoot and then zoom out without watching where the bullet goes, so they don't know if they need to correct more or less.

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

Recon's got it's uses, even in full bush wookie mode, but last round of obliteration I played. 64 man. There were 6 of us fighting over the bomb TOTAL. SIX. Across both teams. YCMIU. Even the tanks were miles off.

So enough BF for today. No crashes throughout all of it though, so that's an improvement at least.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media

People seem to have been doing it in vehicles of late as well. Was on silk road last night, that big bluff was covered in LAVs.

I do like a good camp now and then, although it tends to be at medium range with my trusty Type 88 Heavy Barrel, generally hanging back whilst the squad is capping the flag.

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by herulach View Post
    People seem to have been doing it in vehicles of late as well. Was on silk road last night, that big bluff was covered in LAVs.

I do like a good camp now and then, although it tends to be at medium range with my trusty Type 88 Heavy Barrel, generally hanging back whilst the squad is capping the flag.
    That's not camping though. You're being tactical and providing supression/covering fire. That's a good thing I think the term "camping" gets abused and is often used just used to talk down anyone who isn't constantly running around in circles. Camping imo is just when someone picks a spot which doesn't necessarily have any advantage to their team, but just somewhere to hide and try and build up their K/D ratio without much risk of getting hit, and while being generally quite useless to their team. It's a selfish way to play you could say. That's camping. Picking a spot and giving cover for team mates while they cap an objective, and then moving on when you don't need to be there anymore is just good teamplay. Don't feel bad about that!

Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    That's not camping though. You're being tactical and providing supression/covering fire. That's a good thing I think the term "camping" gets abused and is often used just used to talk down anyone who isn't constantly running around in circles. Camping imo is just when someone picks a spot which doesn't necessarily have any advantage to their team, but just somewhere to hide and try and build up their K/D ratio without much risk of getting hit, and while being generally quite useless to their team. It's a selfish way to play you could say. That's camping. Picking a spot and giving cover for team mates while they cap an objective, and then moving on when you don't need to be there anymore is just good teamplay. Don't feel bad about that!
    I don't feel guilty about it at all - infact my k/d is pretty goddamn awful. but I consistently rank in the top 10 on most servers due to all the extra goodies. I think people forget that squad spot + squad suppression is the same points as a kill. Chuck in kill assist and you can actually score higher than those making the kills in a lot of casees.

ZaO

I don't feel guilty about it at all - infact my k/d is pretty goddamn awful. but I consistently rank in the top 10 on most servers due to all the extra goodies. I think people forget that squad spot + squad suppression is the same points as a kill. Chuck in kill assist and you can actually score higher than those making the kills in a lot of casees.
    yeh that's one of the things that's done right with this game. i do vary from game to game. but i generally am in the top 5-10 as well if i've been in a game for the duration of the round. my k/d is usually fairly even, give or take a few. but capping objectives and helping your team out pays off. but it cracks me up when you get accused of being a camper just because you weren't moving when you got someone. that's the kind of thing i was on about before. those guys who always bash that into the global chat should try stopping and crouching before they fire at someone. maybe they'll understand then haha..

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

Battlefield 4 Top Issues Tracker

Worth checking out to see whats going on with known bugs.

12. Received thanks from:

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Really gone off of it at the moment.

The big client patch has hammered me. My win/loss ratio has plummeted since the patch, the sniper population does not seem to be decreasing and the only map I truly enjoy now is operation locker.........and to add insult to injury, Seize of Shanghai and Dawnbroken still crash a lot after all these patches, China Rising is just large vehicle maps and the next expansion is essentially recycled BF3 maps.......I am now wishing I didn't buy premium
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

Yeah like I said Recon can be useful, but whole teams sitting at 500m+ with hunter scopes and not moving all round is ridiculous. Just annoys me when people join rush or conquest and play it like TDM. PTFO. You can do it as a sniper, just not from so far away you're nearly on the next map. Maybe there should be a sniper battle mode.

If there's a megalodon on Paracel I will PMSL

Looks like they're starting the dreaded rebalancing. Assault rifles and some of the carbines have been changed, wish they'd put it in the bloody patch notes rather than letting me figure it out by dying repeatedly. Stealth changes aren't cool. Much more horizontal recoil and spread increase per shot it feels like. I'm thinking at this point they made little balancing effort before launch, had a suspicion when loads of guns didn't vary apart from ROF and the ease of mag dumping some guns out to quite silly ranges. Kinda confirmed for me now. Just another thing they should of done before taking my money and letting me spend a month getting used to it.

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Dooms View Post
    Battlefield 4 Top Issues Tracker

Worth checking out to see whats going on with known bugs.
    Nice one. I shall keep an eye on that

Yeah like I said Recon can be useful, but whole teams sitting at 500m+ with hunter scopes and not moving all round is ridiculous. Just annoys me when people join rush or conquest and play it like TDM. PTFO. You can do it as a sniper, just not from so far away you're nearly on the next map. Maybe there should be a sniper battle mode.

If there's a megalodon on Paracel I will PMSL

Looks like they're starting the dreaded rebalancing. Assault rifles and some of the carbines have been changed, wish they'd put it in the bloody patch notes rather than letting me figure it out by dying repeatedly. Stealth changes aren't cool. Much more horizontal recoil and spread increase per shot it feels like. I'm thinking at this point they made little balancing effort before launch, had a suspicion when loads of guns didn't vary apart from ROF and the ease of mag dumping some guns out to quite silly ranges. Kinda confirmed for me now. Just another thing they should of done before taking my money and letting me spend a month getting used to it.
    I felt they ruined bf3 a bit with some of the balancing stuff they did. There was hardly any variation between any of the guns for each class after a while. I like when they've all got really different characteristics. Hopefully they don't go too far with it on this one. I still think chopper gunners should have flares like early bf3 did as well. Seeing as they maneuver way too slowly to stand a chance against jets. So either that or make them move quicker. Maybe both. There's way too many people that moan about vehicles over powering infantry though. But that's part of what a vehicle should do. Stupid to make it on even terms with with a couple of infantry soldiers. Just my thoughts on it..

You should try joining some servers with a sniper limit. I used to play on the OTT servers a lot. But they seemed to have changed from HC to normal mode so I don't anymore. But if you like playing on the normal preset then look them up, as I always remember them having sniper limits on most servers. Was usually about 5 per team I think! They're UK servers btw.

Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media

Just been playing around with my new AA toys on golmud, omg is Active radar in need of nerfing, or at least the loading times massively increasing. Against attack helis in particular its basically a 2 shots in their general direction kill.

Thanks
    • Ciber's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Prime X470 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Team Group
      • Storage:
      • ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB + 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX960 Strix
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Prime Ultra Snow Silent 650W
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Pro
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG329Q
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone Fibre

Just been playing around with my new AA toys on golmud, omg is Active radar in need of nerfing, or at least the loading times massively increasing. Against attack helis in particular its basically a 2 shots in their general direction kill.
    Yep I've no idea why they made Active Radar missiles so powerful.
    My blog

I used to play BF3, Battlefield BC2, BF4 and TF2

Do something amazing.... Give blood

Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41421222324252627344454 ... LastLast

Thread Information