• Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • n/a
      • Internet:
      • Wireless

Re: Battlefield 4 discussion..

Quote Originally Posted by ik9000 View Post
    How's your net connection? Bad/erratic ping = auto kick on a number of servers. I used to have this issue on BT's "gaming" premium package back in 2008 where I swear they were throttling the bandwidth particularly for gaming traffic. Man was I glad to leave BT.
    My connection is generally fine. Although as I am wireless it has been giving me problems... (Virgin Media). My load times were always extremely long too, even in Battlefield 3. Any other game though... I was fine, loading times were not a problem.

This happened with every server I joined bare in mind, a few weeks before I could join servers and play full matches perfectly fine (bar the stuttering/lag spikes of course). I think an update may have had something to do with it which sucks - I may try it again as I am updating to the newest AMD driver though.

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by KeyboardDemon View Post
    I have posted the link in the post above yours, I tried it today, it crashed on the first attempt but then seemed to play fine straight after, ofcourse I won't have noticed any improvements with Mantle as I am rocking a nVidia GPU, however I didn't notice it running any worse either. Though I'm pleased to say I did manage to get a few rounds without any glitches, other than being pants, but I can't blame DICE for that.
    ah so they haven't done loads of fixes. but it's still progress. i've actually been playing quite a lot the past two weeks, and even ended up buying premium. occasionally there are things that really bug me, like random deaths that just make no sense. or people insta-killing me in a way that really doesn't seem plausible. but i suspect that some of those could be down to the servers i'm on. not sure.. but now i get to spend the majority of a round playing without major issues, i can honestly say that this game is amazing. so glad i can finally just play and enjoy it now really looking forward to seeing mantle progress further as well. i think it could help me keep this 7970 and 2500k going longer than expected

Edit: But ironically, that bug where you're a gunner in a vehicle and can't zoom/shoot has started happening to me since the patch. Never had it before that!
    Last edited by ZaO; 26-02-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Metro is still one of the worst maps ever created... Just grenade after grenade. Cant wait for the Naval Assault mode, a good throw back to the Titan Assault from 2142.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media

metro is indeed awful. nadespam. Tried for about 20 minutes to get the achievement before I gave it up.

On a separate note has anyone lost some servers? [UR], [Bums] & [BSM] all appear to be missing from battlelog, both in the search and by going from the battlereports.

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by herulach View Post
    metro is indeed awful. nadespam. Tried for about 20 minutes to get the achievement before I gave it up.

On a separate note has anyone lost some servers? [UR], [Bums] & [BSM] all appear to be missing from battlelog, both in the search and by going from the battlereports.
    yes i've had servers disappearing on me lately too. they often come back though! weird bug i guess..

ZaO

does anyone know which setting/s affect draw distance? in bf3 it was just mesh quality. in bf4 i heard that terrain quality also has an effect. but i don't know if that was just people being confused. i've also seen some stuff showing how higher fov's negatively affect draw distance. then there's the whole thing with terrain decoration putting objects in the way of your view, which people with a different setting won't see. yet the slider for it is apparently working back to front for some people (low= ultra, ultra=low), but not for others. i'm having so much trouble configuring my settings like this haha.. i just want the best draw distance without having stupid objects in my way if other people can't see them. yet i need to keep my 60fps

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    does anyone know which setting/s affect draw distance? in bf3 it was just mesh quality. in bf4 i heard that terrain quality also has an effect. but i don't know if that was just people being confused. i've also seen some stuff showing how higher fov's negatively affect draw distance. then there's the whole thing with terrain decoration putting objects in the way of your view, which people with a different setting won't see. yet the slider for it is apparently working back to front for some people (low= ultra, ultra=low), but not for others. i'm having so much trouble configuring my settings like this haha.. i just want the best draw distance without having stupid objects in my way if other people can't see them. yet i need to keep my 60fps
    I would be interested in this as I have a high fov for my 21:9 monitor. If it turns out that's causing draw distance issues it would explain a lot of my frustration with sniping in this game.

Thanks
    • Marenghi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • AsRock X370
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 1700 @ 3.85
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4 @ 3000
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 120GB + 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Nitro 480 4GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600 watts
      • Case:
      • Corsair 550d
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 24" 144hz + Viewsonic 24"
      • Internet:
      • 100MB fibre

according to this it's still the mesh quality option, i've used a lot of the recommendations on that link to get generally 120 fps on most maps (and mantle)

http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield...ey-affect-fps/

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I would be interested in this as I have a high fov for my 21:9 monitor. If it turns out that's causing draw distance issues it would explain a lot of my frustration with sniping in this game.
    my friend. look here!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT6h...e_gdata_player
    http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_...draw_distance/

Quote Originally Posted by Marenghi View Post
    according to this it's still the mesh quality option, i've used a lot of the recommendations on that link to get generally 120 fps on most maps (and mantle)

http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield...ey-affect-fps/
    i've looked through that post a few times. but tbh, i feel they're a bit off with some stuff. namely, mesh quality. it's a pretty damn hard hitter on the fps for a lot of people. yet they claim it to be quite low. but still a good link to post here! i will have another look at it anyway and see if i can find some useful stuff

Supermarket Generic Brand AETAaAS's Avatar
    Thanks
    • AETAaAS's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 2600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Vengeance 3000
      • Storage:
      • Intel 660p 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080TI SC2
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus 850W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP Envy 32
      • Internet:
      • 17mbps

I'm wondering why you are having trouble keeping above 60FPS? I recently jumped back in after around a month and it seems at least some optimisations have taken place in BF4.

I can run the following settings on my laptop (7970M) and still be doing around 40FPS (fine for me in BF), whereas previously I probably did the same with a mix of Medium-High settings. I only thought to change it after the AMD Experience program pointed out that I had never optimised BF4 after reinstalling it. I looked at the proposed settings and thought; "****... really?".

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media

Quote Originally Posted by AETAaAS View Post
    I'm wondering why you are having trouble keeping above 60FPS? I recently jumped back in after around a month and it seems at least some optimisations have taken place in BF4.

I can run the following settings on my laptop (7970M) and still be doing around 40FPS (fine for me in BF), whereas previously I probably did the same with a mix of Medium-High settings. I only thought to change it after the AMD Experience program pointed out that I had never optimised BF4 after reinstalling it. I looked at the proposed settings and thought; "****... really?".

On Conquest large/64? Are you using mantle?

Supermarket Generic Brand AETAaAS's Avatar
    Thanks
    • AETAaAS's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 2600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Vengeance 3000
      • Storage:
      • Intel 660p 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080TI SC2
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus 850W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP Envy 32
      • Internet:
      • 17mbps

It was on Zavod 311 with 48 players and the 6 flag layout. Mantle is not avaliable for laptops yet. Still on Mobility 13.8 drivers.

ZaO

i like to have a VERY solid 60fps. that amd thing that tries to optimize games is ridiculous - i've never used it. but i know enough to optimize games myself tbh i play bf4 with mostly high settings. it's just textures, mesh quality and texture filtering (af) that i have on ultra. i also use 2xmsaa, ssao, vsync and 90 fov. this is on one 1080p screen. i think directx might still be better than mantle at this point. but i still run on mantle. mantle seems to eat way more vram than directx. i've had my vram nearly maxed a few times with these settings and mantle. i get some horrible issues with slow downs as well. but there's loads of different factors. i've been experimenting with pagefile as well. this game hates it when it's too low or disabled. but for the most part it actually runs really great! there's just something about some of the levels when i play a specific game mode on them. those modes where both teams are fighting over one bomb seems to kill my rig a bit. my cpu is getting pushed to it's absolute limit as well. i thought it would be longer than this until i'd think about upgrading it. but again, i think this might be more of a mantle issue. just really looking forward to the the next driver update from amd!!

Edit: been experimenting with different settings tonight. seems that the vram issue is not mantle related. i get really high vram usage with directx as well. even when i run the game with the less demanding settings i used to play it with. the settings that barely even saw it reach 2.5gb vram usage, maybe just over 2gb actually. so it's something in that latest patch i think. i was thinking that textures were looking better than i remember these last few days. wonder if they updated them.. might even be a memory leak. i've seen others mention stuff like that in different forums. but whatever is going on - it's making it a horrible experience to play sometimes. shame, because it was going really well for a while!
    Last edited by ZaO; 18-03-2014 at 12:17 AM.

ZaO

Registered+
    Thanks

BF4 is still ridiculously broken.

My favourite thing to happen is to throw a grenade through a door way. The client shows the indicator go through fine, then the server decides it didn't and you end up killing yourself and whomever is around you.

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard1138 View Post
    BF4 is still ridiculously broken.

My favourite thing to happen is to throw a grenade through a door way. The client shows the indicator go through fine, then the server decides it didn't and you end up killing yourself and whomever is around you.
    yeh i'm going back to thinking the game is still quite broken again now. many different weird things like that happening to me. invisible walls are getting on my nerves a lot too. it's worst when you're shooting from the side of a chopper. kept screwing up friendly choppers i was in lastnight because of this lol.. game is so ace when it works though! easily my favourite shooter i've ever played. when it works that is...

Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1121282930313233344151 ... LastLast

Thread Information