• NZXT H440 STEEL Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Window 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC G2770PF 144Hz and a HP 27hq
      • Internet:
      • TalkyTalk 76mb

Re: Battlefield 4 discussion and Hardware requirements speculation

With a mixture of high and medium settings my boy's comp plays very well and looks good with a X3 450 ,4gig DDR2 on a Kfa2 460GTX OC with 1080 settings

Thanks
    • Phage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair VIII
      • CPU:
      • 3800x
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb @ 3600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 512Gb + 2Tb Samsung 860
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 850w
      • Case:
      • Fractal Define 7
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1

Bah ! Why do they always do the new releases when I'm overseas ?
    Society's to blame,
    Or possibly Atari.

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpound View Post
    It does feel abit BF3.5 rather than Bf4...I know it's an early build so here's hoping they fix the problems early enough this time around
    Yeh that's exactly what I've been thinking about it. It basically seems like a modded bf3. But I feel positive about the outcome of the final game, even though the beta disappoints over all. But I'm not sure this is gonna be the same leap as bad company 2 to bf3 was.. But when the beta does run well (sometimes I get a good 10 minutes without serious issues), it can be a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MrNeil View Post
    With a mixture of high and medium settings my boy's comp plays very well and looks good with a X3 450 ,4gig DDR2 on a Kfa2 460GTX OC with 1080 settings
    I know this is gonna sound a bit arsey (though it's not supposed to be!), but it depends on what your definition of "very well" and "looks good" is. But maybe it just runs nice and consistent on that setup! I'm having a really mixed bag with this game. Sometimes it runs sweet for a little while, then sometimes it just runs like dirt for a while. It does it in a way that just doesn't seem to make much sense. Definitely some serious optimisation/coding issues here. But that's to be expected at this stage, I know.. I'm still not budging on my opinion that this beta looks worse than bf3, other than some of the textures as well lol

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

64 man domination is brilliant. Only found one server so far, but had a right laugh. Really fast paced and hectic, cover to cover gameplay. A total change from 'classic' BF but it really works. If you liked the CQ maps or 64 player metro, this is your nirvana.

Thanks
    • MrNeil's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z490 VISION G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 10700KF
      • Memory:
      • 16gig G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • x2 Kingston 240GB HyperX SSDWD + 480gig evo 500GB Caviar Blue Hard
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Vega 56 Red Dragon
      • PSU:
      • 850W EVGA SuperNOVA G2,
      • Case:
      • NZXT H440 STEEL Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Window 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC G2770PF 144Hz and a HP 27hq
      • Internet:
      • TalkyTalk 76mb

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    Yeh that's exactly what I've been thinking about it. It basically seems like a modded bf3. But I feel positive about the outcome of the final game, even though the beta disappoints over all. But I'm not sure this is gonna be the same leap as bad company 2 to bf3 was.. But when the beta does run well (sometimes I get a good 10 minutes without serious issues), it can be a lot of fun!

I know this is gonna sound a bit arsey (though it's not supposed to be!), but it depends on what your definition of "very well" and "looks good" is. But maybe it just runs nice and consistent on that setup! I'm having a really mixed bag with this game. Sometimes it runs sweet for a little while, then sometimes it just runs like dirt for a while. It does it in a way that just doesn't seem to make much sense. Definitely some serious optimisation/coding issues here. But that's to be expected at this stage, I know.. I'm still not budging on my opinion that this beta looks worse than bf3, other than some of the textures as well lol
    LOL you don't sound arsey But it really does play very well indeed and the graphics do look really good !! This is on a 22" monitor and as im writing this i have just remembered that the card is now my old AMD 6870 not the Kfa2 . I have a strong feeling that when it's fully released it may be a different story...

Thanks
    • [DW]Cougho's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair VI Hero
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.3 1900 FLCK
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Team Group DDR4 @ 3800 C16
      • Storage:
      • 512GB Samsung 870 EVO NVME & 1TB Samsung 850 Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 Gaming
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760
      • Case:
      • Silverstone FT-05B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 1

Performance wise I'm relatively happy with the beta. Averages 50 - 60 fps on Ultra at 1080p. I get the occasional random drop to slide show but it's for 1-2 seconds every 10 minutes or so, which for a beta is perfectly acceptable IMO.

VRAM tops out at 2155mb according to Afterburner and it gets my 7970 (1050/1500) to a toasty 81C. My 2500k seems to be coping relatively well after all the doom and gloom that's been posted about using quads rather than hex or octa cores, although it could be my processor which is causing the drops - I imagine it will be fixed by retail.

As for the game, the jury is still out - I didn't get along with BF3 after the novelty wore off and when I first tried this I quit after finding it very cumbersome, but I've given it a few rounds and I was quite enjoying it. I haven't pre-ordered and I doubt I will, I'll wait to see what the reception is on release.

ZaO

I've had a much better experience with it the last couple days. I'm also still getting the slideshows every so often when I play. But it's been running way better in general. I think it was a netcode problem/lag causing things to slow down while the server figures out where everyone is. Looks like they're getting it sorted gradually. I can't lie and say I haven't been enjoying the game, because I have, even more so now it's started to run a bit better. Still rough around the edges, but that's allowed at this stage. Already ordered the game lastnight and am excited for the full release on the 29th I can see me getting another 7970 in 2014 so I can CF up with all these pretty looking new games coming out! I'm not gonna let bf4 give me upgradeitis in the same way bf3 did though... I swear >_<

Thanks
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Tomahawk X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32gb Kingston 3600 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Aorus 1Tb NVME SSD, Samsung 1Tb 970 Evo SSD, Crucial 2tb MX500 SSD, Seagate Ironwolf 4Tb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 3080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1300W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic 27" XG2703-GS
      • Internet:
      • BT 900 mb/s FTTP

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    I've had a much better experience with it the last couple days. I'm also still getting the slideshows every so often when I play. But it's been running way better in general. I think it was a netcode problem/lag causing things to slow down while the server figures out where everyone is. Looks like they're getting it sorted gradually.
    I'm getting slideshow-like performance, whatever I try I'm running a 3570K at 4.4Ghz with GTX 670, and even at 1080p the performance is slow-motion choppy. I'm also using the 331.40 beta driver recommended by nVidia. I've also tried a number of different servers (including empty ones), but nothing helps. Anyone have any ideas?

On the plus side, I'm loving the new control system - it's about time they added toogle run! The automatic peeking around corners is great too I just wish the game different run like an asthmatic snail!

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

I've played a few rounds on different modes now - and i'm glad most people seem to agree with me...this feels like BF 3.5 - or in other words, what BF3 should have been.

It fixes some of the core gameplay issues from BF3 and adds back in commander mode (a glaring omission from BF3) and the included map is finally back to "proper" battlefield map sizes. It definitely feels like it's been designed for large scale gaming again like a "proper" battlefield game, rather than an evolution of the bad company spin-off series as BF3 felt like.

I won't invest much more time in it now since its not long until we get the final release, but even though it's full of bugs at the moment it shows a lot of promise, much more than Battlefield did. This is the closes game to BF2 that they have released yet, and so far looks to be one of the best of the series.

If only they had been brave enough to get rid of 3D spotting ("Q bashing") given that it's no longer needed with the additional spotting tools and re-introduction of commander mode and "headshot triangles" it could be near enough perfect. Ah well can't have it all

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Spud1 View Post
    I've played a few rounds on different modes now - and i'm glad most people seem to agree with me...this feels like BF 3.5 - or in other words, what BF3 should have been.

It fixes some of the core gameplay issues from BF3 and adds back in commander mode (a glaring omission from BF3) and the included map is finally back to "proper" battlefield map sizes. It definitely feels like it's been designed for large scale gaming again like a "proper" battlefield game, rather than an evolution of the bad company spin-off series as BF3 felt like.

I won't invest much more time in it now since its not long until we get the final release, but even though it's full of bugs at the moment it shows a lot of promise, much more than Battlefield did. This is the closes game to BF2 that they have released yet, and so far looks to be one of the best of the series.

If only they had been brave enough to get rid of 3D spotting ("Q bashing") given that it's no longer needed with the additional spotting tools and re-introduction of commander mode and "headshot triangles" it could be near enough perfect. Ah well can't have it all
    Yeh I hear ya. It really does make me think of Bf2 quite a lot Let's hope they bring wake island back to this one as well. That map should never die! I'm not really sure I thought the level was all that big though. You reckon it's bigger than all the bf3 levels? As for the Q bashing. Well, in my experience, hardly anyone bothers to use it anyway. Which actually really frustrates me since I'm forced to play in normal servers. I do hate running around with a red dorito above my head too >_< I think I only ever played 2 games on normal with bf3. Not sure I even finished them because I hated it so much. It's not just the dorito issue, there's so much more to it. I think HC mode is really just Battlefield mode. Normal mode is just there to appeal to a wider audience. I get it and I don't have a problem with it if I'm not forced to play that way. Will be going straight into HC mode when Bf4 comes out! Also, did you notice how bad the hit detection is on tanks when you try to shoot them with another tank? Drives me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbobgod1969 View Post
    I'm getting slideshow-like performance, whatever I try I'm running a 3570K at 4.4Ghz with GTX 670, and even at 1080p the performance is slow-motion choppy. I'm also using the 331.40 beta driver recommended by nVidia. I've also tried a number of different servers (including empty ones), but nothing helps. Anyone have any ideas?

On the plus side, I'm loving the new control system - it's about time they added toogle run! The automatic peeking around corners is great too I just wish the game different run like an asthmatic snail!
    That sucks man. Did you try just running it on auto settings like someone previously suggested? It's weird, but I found it runs better on auto settings than when I set them myself. Can be smooth for a little while at times, but still crap if I average the performance over a whole game. Still, auto just seems to work better for some reason!

Thanks
    • Mother's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus p6t deluxe oc palm edition
      • CPU:
      • i7 920 DO 4.0ghz
      • Memory:
      • 12gb corsair vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 250gb samsung ssd/128gb ssd/1tb/500gb.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 770 Zotac Amp
      • PSU:
      • 1000 watt Enermax galaxy
      • Case:
      • Level 10 GT
      • Operating System:
      • W7 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung S27A950D 3D
      • Internet:
      • FAST. :)

Apart from some lag spikes it's playing nice and smooth now....it wasnt at first but then i manually updated direct x.

Update punkbuster, and then update DirectX from the dxsetup.exe installer in the
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 Beta\__Installer\directx\redist folder.

Worked a treat for me.
    i7 4770k 4.6ghz/MSI G45 Mobo/ X2 GTX770 Amp SLI/16GB Corsair Vengeance/samsung 250gb SSD/ 1000 watt Enermax galaxy/Level 10 GT/27" Qnix 2560x1440 120hz/Sennheiser 595/Ideazon merc stealth/Rat 7 MM0

Thanks
    • Mother's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • i7 920 DO 4.0ghz
      • Memory:
      • 12gb corsair vengeance
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 770 Zotac Amp
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Level 10 GT
      • Operating System:
      • W7 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung S27A950D 3D
      • Internet:

Beta patch update yesterday.....seems quicker to join servers and seems a bit smoother but that could just be me?....still huge lag spikes now and again that stop you in your tracks.
    i7 4770k 4.6ghz/MSI G45 Mobo/ X2 GTX770 Amp SLI/16GB Corsair Vengeance/samsung 250gb SSD/ 1000 watt Enermax galaxy/Level 10 GT/27" Qnix 2560x1440 120hz/Sennheiser 595/Ideazon merc stealth/Rat 7 MM0

Thanks
    Apart from the huge lag spikes and also the rendering of terrain when you are high up in a helicopter the beta seems fine balance issues aside. I'm already getting sick of jumping in a helicopter only to have the pilot crash land it into the top of a building so he can snipe while leaving the other 5 people in the heli stranded except for a strange almost certain to fail base jump assault.

Thanks

Still glitches and lags for me. Can't run Ultra settings on my GTX 680 though, I can see frame rates drops, coupled with the lag spikes, makes it unplayable.

Thanks
    • darrensen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte z77 UD3H
      • CPU:
      • i7
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Loads!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 780 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 850Watt
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Storm Trooper
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet Fibre 80mb

You can do some really neat things with the Spectator mode. I've put together a cool looking Time Lapse.

Thanks
    • Mother's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • i7 920 DO 4.0ghz
      • Memory:
      • 12gb corsair vengeance
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 770 Zotac Amp
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Level 10 GT
      • Operating System:
      • W7 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung S27A950D 3D
      • Internet:

Excellent vid Darrensen.

@ iNeedAUsername you tried updating pb and directx?

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567815253545 ... LastLast

Thread Information