Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 56789101118283848 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4 discussion..

ZaO

Re: Battlefield 4 discussion and Hardware requirements speculation

fov doesn't work in multiplayer either for me. strange..

Thanks

Did intall this game yeasterday and must say that it's not that great improvments from bf3 but the sound and explosions is fantastic in bf4. Have only played the first mission on singel player. Grafics on ultra and my fps is over 50. will test multiplayer tonight and I'm really looking forward to se all new typ of thigns you can do its like one of the first games on frostbit3 and I think that you could push out much more ont his new engine!! Dragon age Inquisition

ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO - ATX / Z87
    ASUS GeForce GTX 650Ti 1024MB DirectCUII TOP
    Intel Core i7-4770K - 8 trĂ¥dar / 3,5GHz (3,9GHz Turbo) / 8MB / Socket 1150 (Boxed) (84w)
    32G ram

ZaO

i think i'm with the general feeling on the game here after playing it a bit more. not a huge upgrade from bf3. but there are definitely some notable improvements. it's been running quite nice on my setup so far (only played about 4 different mp levels on 64 player). nice to see the delayed lag hit thing where you get hammered after you've gone behind cover has been toned down. i knew they'd sort that in this game and that it'd be the main selling point for a lot of people. but still a few other bugs that need working out. need more time to make a proper judgement though. it's really easy to think something's great just because it's new and different. but once you get used to it you start to see the real thing and can make a better over all judgement. so i'll save a bit more for that..

btw - is it still mesh quality that controls the draw distance on this game, like it was in bf3? i'm keeping most settings on high instead of ultra, but want to make sure i get the maximum draw distance

Edit: Updated thoughts - BUGS BUGS BUGS!!!
    Last edited by ZaO; 03-11-2013 at 01:51 AM.

Thanks
    • Mother's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus p6t deluxe oc palm edition
      • CPU:
      • i7 920 DO 4.0ghz
      • Memory:
      • 12gb corsair vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 250gb samsung ssd/128gb ssd/1tb/500gb.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 770 Zotac Amp
      • PSU:
      • 1000 watt Enermax galaxy
      • Case:
      • Level 10 GT
      • Operating System:
      • W7 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung S27A950D 3D
      • Internet:
      • FAST. :)

Sound bugs on a couple of maps (the one with the dam) where theres no sound at all and then it comes back on?....servers still crashing?....supposed to be a patch/fix today.
    i7 4770k 4.6ghz/MSI G45 Mobo/ X2 GTX770 Amp SLI/16GB Corsair Vengeance/samsung 250gb SSD/ 1000 watt Enermax galaxy/Level 10 GT/27" Qnix 2560x1440 120hz/Sennheiser 595/Ideazon merc stealth/Rat 7 MM0

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UC88 34-Inch 21:9
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

FPS wise my game is running much better than I was expecting. Everything on High @ 1440p and I'm averaging 50-60fps.

I am however getting quite a few crashes and I can't decide if its my machine or the game. I can go maps and maps without anything but then (like yesterday) I get a crash to desktop every 10 minutes

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Well, everyone I know with nVidia cards lockup every 10-60 minutes. AMD users seem to possibly get black screen instead of the lockup.

I wouldn't start looking at hardware unless another title does it also, or there has been a patch or two.
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

We're up to patch 5 or 6 already. Most of it is done server side thankfully. For best stability stick to 32p or less which lets you avoid most of the server crashes and disable cloud storage in origin, which should eliminate at least one of the client crashes. If you have an nvidia card there's also a FF crash bug that will bork your game, so try another browser. I've been doing this the last couple of days and my reliability has shot up. I'll be playing some 64 later to see if this patch has fixed the worst of the bugs there. Some host was reporting that their servers were able to finish less than 50% of the 64man rounds at one point, which is just indefensible. Hope that's sorted want to try some conquest large.

Some info from DICE; http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...5217944685108/ Least they're talking and working on it, improvement from the past.

Back to the actual game. After figuring out how the XM-25 works it's my new favourite gadget ever; makes those roof campers squeal. Spent a couple of hours just giggling at the rage in the chatroll last night.

8. Received thanks from:

Dooms (04-11-2013)

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

Yeah I've seen the Scan servers hopping form 32 to 64 and then falling back to 32 due to stability issues. I'm mainly keeping on 32 player servers for the moment as as you say it does seem to crash out less.

I'll turn off cloud storage when I get home as well, cheers for the tip!

I haven't played any of the support class yet (I'm a CQC Recon man myself) but the XM-25 does sound interesting

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

Support is really good fun, great guns, solid gadgets and infinite ammo. Ended up maxing support first. Recon with that spec ops perk, C4, sensor balls and a silent carbine/DMR looks like a flanking machine.

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

Quote Originally Posted by chuckskull View Post
    Support is really good fun, great guns, solid gadgets and infinite ammo. Ended up maxing support first. Recon with that spec ops perk, C4, sensor balls and a silent carbine/DMR looks like a flanking machine.
    I'll give it a go tonight. Still need to get some silencers unlocked for my Recon but quite happy with a RFB with both Scope & Ironsights while flanking around and setting up C4 ambushes for tank

Supermarket Generic Brand AETAaAS's Avatar
    Thanks
    • AETAaAS's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 2600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Vengeance 3000
      • Storage:
      • Intel 660p 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080TI SC2
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus 850W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP Envy 32
      • Internet:
      • 17mbps

I play engineer since I like to play 'jack of all trades' and taking out vehicles is pretty satisfying. As I said with the new rocket mechanics, it is easier to take out helis with a well placed RPG. The result is being placed in Division 1 for Rocket Launchers and PDWs. I tried the Airburst for a bit as a anti-helicopter weapon but it didn't deliver enough damage. Accuracy and projectile velocity were good though. May go back to see how it fares against those blooming snipers, but I tend to just snipe back when I'm irritated enough.

Does anyone play with Battlescreen? I use it on my Android tablet because for some reason, doing it using extended monitors on my laptop results in a very significant performance hit. I find it helpful since I play Hardcore servers most of the time and the minimap seems to disappear with this mode. Having the Battlescreen on my tablet means I can see where enemies are, spot campers or people trying to sneak around and generally have a better feel for the situation. It certainly is useful for fighter pilots who can see enemy plane locations from further away and for ground attack aircraft so guided missile attack runs can be lined up from further away.

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by AETAaAS View Post
    I play engineer since I like to play 'jack of all trades' and taking out vehicles is pretty satisfying. As I said with the new rocket mechanics, it is easier to take out helis with a well placed RPG. The result is being placed in Division 1 for Rocket Launchers and PDWs. I tried the Airburst for a bit as a anti-helicopter weapon but it didn't deliver enough damage. Accuracy and projectile velocity were good though. May go back to see how it fares against those blooming snipers, but I tend to just snipe back when I'm irritated enough.

Does anyone play with Battlescreen? I use it on my Android tablet because for some reason, doing it using extended monitors on my laptop results in a very significant performance hit. I find it helpful since I play Hardcore servers most of the time and the minimap seems to disappear with this mode. Having the Battlescreen on my tablet means I can see where enemies are, spot campers or people trying to sneak around and generally have a better feel for the situation. It certainly is useful for fighter pilots who can see enemy plane locations from further away and for ground attack aircraft so guided missile attack runs can be lined up from further away.
    Yeh I always play HC servers too. I thought the minimap was optional in this mode. It's off in every server I play though Also, do you know if when you reload, you lose any of the bullets that were in the previous clip? I heard that somewhere, and while playing I felt like I'd ran out way too quick a few times.. I'm a bit OCD with reloading lol

Quote Originally Posted by chuckskull View Post
    We're up to patch 5 or 6 already. Most of it is done server side thankfully. For best stability stick to 32p or less which lets you avoid most of the server crashes and disable cloud storage in origin, which should eliminate at least one of the client crashes. If you have an nvidia card there's also a FF crash bug that will bork your game, so try another browser. I've been doing this the last couple of days and my reliability has shot up. I'll be playing some 64 later to see if this patch has fixed the worst of the bugs there. Some host was reporting that their servers were able to finish less than 50% of the 64man rounds at one point, which is just indefensible. Hope that's sorted want to try some conquest large.

Some info from DICE; http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...5217944685108/ Least they're talking and working on it, improvement from the past.

Back to the actual game. After figuring out how the XM-25 works it's my new favourite gadget ever; makes those roof campers squeal. Spent a couple of hours just giggling at the rage in the chatroll last night.
    Yeh the airburst is great against snipers! So nice to have such a weapon (I'm sure it used to be in BF2/2142 though?). I used to just shoot rockets at snipers as I usually play engineer. Now I have this option as well. Classes are all much more fun to use in this one. Won't just be playing Engineer 99% of the time like I did in BF3 now! But either way, they'll be shouting "NOOB" at you in the chat if you do this lol..

Edit: I wish you could recalibrate the range after aiming though. It really makes some situations incredibly difficult >_<

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    I'm a bit OCD with reloading lol
    haha I had this issue as well, I had to train myself out of it recently when playing Mechro in Borderlands 2 otherwise you lose all the anarchy stacks

Supermarket Generic Brand AETAaAS's Avatar
    Thanks
    • AETAaAS's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 2600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Vengeance 3000
      • Storage:
      • Intel 660p 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080TI SC2
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus 850W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP Envy 32
      • Internet:
      • 17mbps

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    Yeh I always play HC servers too. I thought the minimap was optional in this mode. It's off in every server I play though Also, do you know if when you reload, you lose any of the bullets that were in the previous clip? I heard that somewhere, and while playing I felt like I'd ran out way too quick a few times.. I'm a bit OCD with reloading lol
    I hadn't noticed that. I have been killed too many times while reloading so I try to reign it in and find myself using pistols a little more. Helps spread my points around since I haven't played enough to unlock silencers for my pistols yet. I like playing stealthily since keeping off the map is a good way to extend your life expectancy.

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Dooms View Post
    haha I had this issue as well, I had to train myself out of it recently when playing Mechro in Borderlands 2 otherwise you lose all the anarchy stacks
    yeh it really gets me in trouble sometimes! i have been learning how to pick my moments better though

Quote Originally Posted by AETAaAS View Post
    I hadn't noticed that. I have been killed too many times while reloading so I try to reign it in and find myself using pistols a little more. Helps spread my points around since I haven't played enough to unlock silencers for my pistols yet. I like playing stealthily since keeping off the map is a good way to extend your life expectancy.
    yeh i'm definitely a fan of playing more a stealth style in general. that's the main reason i play hc actually. no good aiming for stealth with a big red dorito above your head! haha...

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

It's well worth using your pistol, they're much better than BF3 IMO, even the stock one(P226? cant remember). Don't get the mag thing, it was stuck on in normal for a while too, sure it's realistic because you do just drop the mags, but if we're going to be realistic with ammo like that, can I have the 10-20 STANAG's I'd really be taking into battle then? Not like 3 or 4. Whole thing just made me like support even more. Fire superiority ftw.

Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 56789101118283848 ... LastLast

Thread Information