• FSP Raider 650W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake V3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x2301

Gaming Mouse /+ Keyboard

My old cheap gaming mouse got busted, bought it for about $12, so I'm in need of a new one. I play a lot of Dota 2 and FPS games like CS:GO, my mouse's left click is about to die, sometimes it doesn't click and sometimes it double clicks, yup, wth right?

In my local stores I saw this SteelSeries Kana Dota 2 Edition mouse (http://steelseries.com/products/game...edition-bundle) that sells for about $62 here. I for one, think it's really expensive, but the thing is,
    I play a lot of Dota 2, the mouse comes with an in-game item which I could then sell in the community market, I would net about $40, so in this case,
    I'd be spending only about $20-25 for the mouse.

On the other hand I saw this really nice looking bundle, It's a Razer Abyssus Mirror (http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice...byssus-mirror/) + a Deathstalker Essential Keyboard (http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...r-deathstalker) for only $66.
    I wasn't really looking for a new keyboard but now that I think of it, my keyboard's kinda old and still uses that PS2 port. PLUS, I'm really into those chiclet keys,
    I find it really convenient to type with those things, I hit wrong keys less often (It just might be me but I really think it is so) and I like the sound those keys make.
    I'm not using a mechanical keyboard so I wouldn't know what the difference is. (I'd appreciate someone explaining it to me)

So if anyone out there can make a suggestion here, I'd really like to hear it
    I'm looking for things on build quality, you know, wouldn't break even if I click it 5 million times non-stop and other stuff.
    I'm not much of an aesthetics freak so any of those will do.
    I don't really care about the noise the buttons make.
    I have no preference for different mouse handlings, you know, palm rest, suspended, and whatever.
    OR if you have other mice in mind, I'm open to suggestions.

I'm not really in a hurry 'coz I only have half of that amount

EDIT: I think I'm actually using a mechanical keyboard, I've compared it with keyboards in my school and those suck a bit, although the buttons are at medium height but I'd appreciate them being lower, like the one's in the DeathStalker.
    Last edited by YoloSwag; 01-02-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks
    • Willzzz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte
      • CPU:
      • PSU:
      • FD Newton R3 600W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 350D

Re: Gaming Mouse /+ Keyboard

The Abyssus is certainly a great mouse, no idea about the keyboards.

Registered+
    Thanks

I killed my Deathadder by playing diablo 3 (lol) and got a steelseries sensei raw instead.

If you can find the budget to get a Steelseries Sensei that would be good (but they are pretty expensive) Deathadder is actually a great mouse too, but my experiences with Razer's build quality is so so.

As for keyboards I think mechanical ones are you want to get.

Thanks
    • YoloSwag's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61M-D2-B3
      • CPU:
      • Core i3-2100@3.1Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 4GB 1333Mhz
      • Storage:
      • WD Caviar Blue 500GB + Green 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA Geforce GTX 660 2GB SC Signature 2
      • PSU:
      • FSP Raider 650W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake V3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x2301

I guess it differs from samples, another guy on the net says his Deathadder is still up and running, for 3 years now I think or 2.

Yeah, I've also heard stuff about Razer build quality, it's not really what you pay for, specially those headsets.

I'm still kinda torn between these two choices, I know that these mice aren't heavy, which is alright with me. The Abyssus, for me, doesn't really compete next to the Kana, but that gives me the budget to get the bundle with the keyboard. Seems hard to choose, but I may kinda lean on the Razer side for now, I doubt the keyboard will break easily on my hands, it's just the mouse I'm worried about, could it last maybe at least two years.

As I search around the net I see people giving mixed reviews for both mice. However, maybe I'd go with the Razer one for now because of the great reviews I see around the net about the keyboard.

Anyway, still got about 2 weeks (hopefully) to decide.

Still open to other suggestions though. And I actually mind the price a bit, my rig's getting old so if I had about $100 and + to spend I might as well spend it on upgrades. So I have budget constraints here about other things besides internal hardware.

Registered+
    Thanks

I guess if you are after durability logitech does pretty good mice too

But yeah, if you want a keyboard + mouse maybe the razer package is the best option.

I think razer have sort of improved over the years. (Oh my deathadder lasted me 4 years too btw)

Registered+
    Thanks

A quick Youtube search should answer your questions about mechanical keyboards. Tricky bit is choosing the switches, I prefer brown for a blend of typing and gaming, red tends to be favoured for gaming but it's really personal preference.

You are talking in dollars and I deal with Pound Sterling. A decent value mechanical keyboard (Ducky maybe or even a refurb'd Corsair K) will be ~£60 and should last a very long time, I wouldn't spend much more than £30 on a mouse (Corsair Raptor M30 maybe?). I've not used Razer stuff myself, I like the styling but I read a lot of people saying they don't wear well. Owning something for X amount of years is one thing, hours of actual use is another story.

All the best with it, I look forward to seeing what you choose and how it works out for you

Thanks
    • YoloSwag's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61M-D2-B3
      • CPU:
      • Core i3-2100@3.1Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 4GB 1333Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • FSP Raider 650W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake V3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x2301

That's what I was thinking, I play FPS games a lot, and if you know Counter-Strike, playing with riffles at long range, you would have to click it many times instead of spraying the thing to avoid the horrible spray pattern due to too much recoil. That's also why my left click is not working well anymore, I keep searching the net about what type of clicker button the thing has but it's kinda difficult to get the exact parts used, I'm looking for that info because I read a gaming mouse review once, I forgot if it was CM or Asus, but they had a mouse that could do somewhere like a million continuous clicks. I'm not really sure, I might be blowing things out of proportion but, you get what I mean

Update: I went around yesterday looking for the keyboard that's part of that bundle, and to my surprise it's expensive! costs as much as that bundle itself So I definitely want to go with that bundle thing now more than ever.
    Last edited by YoloSwag; 03-02-2014 at 02:37 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Thanks
    • azrael-'s system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Prime X470-Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
      • Memory:
      • 64 GB ECC DDR4 2666 MHz (Samsung M391A2K43BB1-CTD)
      • Storage:
      • 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO, 12 TB WD HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • eVGA GTX 1080 SC Gaming, 8 GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic X-Series 560W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 550D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB271HU
      • Internet:
      • VDSL 55/12 Mbit/s

Mechanical keyboards are great, but they don't come cheap. I agree, that Cherry MX Brown is probably the best "first" switch type to try. Unless you're the type bottoming out every key press. If so, Cherry MX Black might be for you (Cherry MX Red is probably too light). You really need to try out some different types of switches. Getting a sampler kit from WASD Keyboards might be a good idea. A word to the wise: If you don't need a backlighted keyboard, don't waste money on one. The key caps are usually rubbish and will wear thin quickly.

When it comes to mice, though, it's even more important to get a hands-on feel. It's good to get recommendations, but even the mouse with the highest praise might just not suit you. Personally, I love my MX518 and I hope I still have it for a long time to come.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plorhue View Post
    I killed my Deathadder by playing diablo 3 (lol) and got a steelseries sensei raw instead.
    How did you kill your Deathadder?

Thanks

At the moment I would recommend the Zowie Evo EC1 mouse (or EC2 if you have small hands).

Keyboard-wise my preference is Cherry Reds personally. The QPad MK85 is hard to beat.

Thanks
    • YoloSwag's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61M-D2-B3
      • CPU:
      • Core i3-2100@3.1Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 4GB 1333Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • FSP Raider 650W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake V3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x2301

Well I have huge hands for my race, The DeathAdder is a snug fit for me, but I'm used to playing with palms lifted, and just using the thumb and pinky to move the mouse. With that said, I'm used to playing with medium sized mice. I haven't tried any big and heavy mice for extreme hours of gaming though so I don't know how'd I react to having using one.

Registered+
    Thanks

I cam across this one last night, same make as the deathstalker but they call this one the Deathstalker ultimate which looks even cooler, what I think cool about this is the Switchblade User Interface! razerzone.com/gb-en/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-deathstalker-ultimate/

Thanks
    • Kovoet's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG crosshair Hero VIII x 2
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Viper 3733mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 pro 500GB Samsung 850 512GB,Samsung 860 1TB SSD & 950 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte RTX3070Ti, EVGA RTX 3060Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200i, RMX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 680x
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Tuf VG32VQ1B
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Virgin

Mouse wise I use the g500s for comfort but mainly because it has the best software.
    Keyboard I will stay with the corsair k70. One of the best looking keyboards around, mechanical and you can customize your back lighting the way you want it
    JABULANI NONKE

Thanks
    • YoloSwag's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61M-D2-B3
      • CPU:
      • Core i3-2100@3.1Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 4GB 1333Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • FSP Raider 650W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake V3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x2301

I've seen the Deathstalker Ultimate, it's a bit too much for me. I value simplicity very highly, and I find simple things to be way cooler than things that just scream for attention. I very much like the Deathstalker essential, not too flashy, and looks just like a slim keyboard, except for the Razer things attached to it of course.

Has anyone ever used that German brand I think, Das Keyboard, I know it's out of my price range but I hear it's one of the best, and guys who switch to it never buy any other brand.

Anyway, a slight bad news, I don't think I'd be gaming much anymore, I'm selling my GTX 660 to a friend.
    Why? because It's getting old, and with all that news from Maxwell and Broadwell, I might be getting a new system altogether so I'm selling my GPU now while it's still worth something, and for the rest of my system I think I'll be donating it when I get a new one.

Thanks
    • MrRockliffe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z270i Strix
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 500GB 850 Evo, 500GB 860 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 1070 Ti Gaming
      • PSU:
      • 550W Supernova G2
      • Case:
      • NZXT H200
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PB278Q
      • Internet:
      • Hyperoptic 150Mb

The new cmstorm trigger looks smart. But I love the look of the corsair k70. QPAD often have keyboards on sale. At the end of the day, they all use the same switch, so it comes down to features and design
    XBOX Live - Sheep Sardine | Origin - MrRockliffe | Steam - MrRockliffe |

Add me

Registered+
    Thanks

I also play quite a bit of Dota 2 and I use a Logitech G700. It's best used wirelessly as the bundled cable is very stiff but I find the extra mouse buttons VERY useful for items, particularly when I have multiple active items. I don't think I could ever go back to a mouse without at least 3 easily accessible buttons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information