• Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

Network Questions for LANWAN

First : What speed do you all set your IL2 menu to? 14.4k modem seems default.....should I up it to CABLE when I host, or is it Auto set? Always interested me...what is RIGHT?

Second: Once mine is Server, on a LAN AND we use Broadband...everyone in a Co op will use Hyper Lobby....right? Even the people at my house......

once the game kicks off.....will their PCs access my server through the HUB as a LAN or will it go HUB, My pC, World Wide Web, back in, my PC, hub...players?

Third: I discovered a new plane last night? You lot are in big trouble now

One I might hit you in ...well...might

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    I would definitely say setting to Cable/DSL would be rather important if you are hosting at least i think so.

Second, I'm not sure hyperlobby is the best way of doing the connecting to you, the remote people sure, this is going to be essential, the guys at your place i would suggest look for the local address. JUST to be certain we don't go out and back into your machine...

Third, i'm not entirely sure its your gunnery that you need to work on. Its giving yourself the chance of decent shot that appears to be much more important. From my brief games with you the other day i though that A) you are firing from far to far away, B) didn't have a big enough speed differential and C) mostly only say you crawling up to the back of an enemy before trying to attack it.

But hey what do i know, i'm pretty crap myself, but i think some more practise and pre-empting where the enemy is going to be in 10 seconds and getting there to be in a position to kill them is something that you may be lacking?.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    if you play on LAN you can connect straight to the host pc to play IL2, at 100mbs rather than limited bandwith from ur cbale

Thanks
    Yeah, the LAN connected machines should do a LAN search from within FB, the machines at the other house should connect through HL. Who does what depends on who is hosting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    My gunnery IS bad TiGster........the idea of whacking the occasional distance shot was leanred from Trig who gets away with it occassinally...as does Tumble now.....so I try occassionally too.

The anticipating bit is something I agree with you on,.....BUT..its a worse situation than that.....I actually still odnt know WHERE I am trying to get myself to?

Does that make sense? I dont know if I should try to fly to a point BEHIND the enemy so I can follow him/her....OR should I be aiming to get in FRONT and go with one quick shot.

The fact that I do OK with ground attacks means the gunnery must be OK ish......BUT.....the inevitable is happening.....beacuse it is an online game, with death-a-plenty, I resort to the Turn and Burn planes eventually....which is far from my alloted course

BUT I then still get out manouvred....and always end up with someone on my arse.....SO the objective of the LAN for ME is to watch you others and see just what it is that gets me in the sh1t everytime.

My main thought is that as I always fly a boomy zoom machine I should get a life, fly past, and if I miss, sod off across the map and then come back later.

However....with no icons.....even SEEING the enemy is a result and THEN I want to stay in range.

Because I am aware of the lack of gunnery skills, I am having to try to make up for it by RAMMING every plane in the air

Which you witnesses twice on successive missions......

I think patience, for the first time in my gaming life, is short on this game.

And thats not very like me, cos I am patient with most other stuff....we shall see my friend. Its still most enjoyable though

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

adamspestcontrol.co.uk
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Zak33
    My gunnery IS bad TiGster........the idea of whacking the occasional distance shot was leanred from Trig who gets away with it occassinally...as does Tumble now.....so I try occassionally too.

The anticipating bit is something I agree with you on,.....BUT..its a worse situation than that.....I actually still odnt know WHERE I am trying to get myself to?

Does that make sense? I dont know if I should try to fly to a point BEHIND the enemy so I can follow him/her....OR should I be aiming to get in FRONT and go with one quick shot.

The fact that I do OK with ground attacks means the gunnery must be OK ish......BUT.....the inevitable is happening.....beacuse it is an online game, with death-a-plenty, I resort to the Turn and Burn planes eventually....which is far from my alloted course

BUT I then still get out manouvred....and always end up with someone on my arse.....SO the objective of the LAN for ME is to watch you others and see just what it is that gets me in the sh1t everytime.

My main thought is that as I always fly a boomy zoom machine I should get a life, fly past, and if I miss, sod off across the map and then come back later.

However....with no icons.....even SEEING the enemy is a result and THEN I want to stay in range.

Because I am aware of the lack of gunnery skills, I am having to try to make up for it by RAMMING every plane in the air

Which you witnesses twice on successive missions......

I think patience, for the first time in my gaming life, is short on this game.

And thats not very like me, cos I am patient with most other stuff....we shall see my friend. Its still most enjoyable though
    Ahem

Ask Deck bout long range Some advice if it helps mate...I record every single on line game, and im flying a lost less atm. I then watch it through from external and internal x8 ing through the boring bits, that way you can see where you miss and next time up you can adjust accordingly nxt time. You would be amazed at the amount of lead goes short of the mark...It only takes a few bullets to bring down an enemy. You WILL see a pattern I gareentee it, I found I was shooting way short so learnt to get closer, alway for gravity drop and BOOM!!!

Off to do a track brb

adamspestcontrol.co.uk
    Thanks
    Ok track done but having webspace probs anyone host a few K for me?

Thread Information