Thread: Unreal Tournament 2015

Thanks

Unreal Tournament 2015

Unreal Tournament 2015 is a beautiful remake of the 1999 version and also has some of the old loved maps such as Facing Worlds.

Now as a player of the 1999 version I had alot of hope for this version. After several hours of play time I have a verdict...

B-E-A-utiful. It is much like the original with much improved graphics as you would expect (still on Pre-Alpha so I'm assuming the graphics will get even better).

They have added a few bits and bobs such as a level system/ score system and being able to track your stats for each weapon/ multi kill/ headshots and so on. They've also added a character customization feature which allows you to choose what character you want and some other accessories such as hat/ glasses (which if you ask me isn't needed but it's a nice touch). You can unlock more of these the more you play included extra characters (which is pretty much the same characters in a different costume/ colour).

For a F2P (for now), Pre-Alpha game it's looks very promising, there isn't yet any sign of in game purchases but I'm assuming they need to make money some how.

If any one else has played I would like to hear some more views on the game

Bagnaj97

Re: Unreal Tournament 2015

Quote Originally Posted by WreckitCamz View Post
    They've also added a character customization feature which allows you to choose what character you want and some other accessories such as hat/ glasses (which if you ask me isn't needed but it's a nice touch).
    and that's where F2P comes in - as I understand it the plan is for users to make and sell character models/skins/accessories, Epic take a cut of sales.

I've had a quick play around just in botmatches to see how it's shaping up and it's definitely on the right track so far! Gameplay is slick and fps/performance is solid considering the early stage of development (although likely helped by missing/placeholder textures in places keeping vRAM usage down).

don't stock motherhoods
    Thanks
    • Millennium's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X470 Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD 3600x @ 3.85 with Turbo
      • Memory:
      • 4*G-Skill Samsung B 3200 14T 1T
      • Storage:
      • WD850 and OEM961 1TB, 1.5TB SSD SATA, 4TB Storage, Ext.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3070 FE HHR NVidia (Mining Over)
      • PSU:
      • ToughPouwer 1kw (thinking of an upgrade to 600w)
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 101 Home 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HiSense 55" TV 4k 8bit BT709 18:10
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone 12 / month, high contentions weekends 2, phone backup.

Is it anywhere near as good as UT 2004 was? I still sometimes feel the need to fire that game up, unfortunately I lost my boxed key and can't install it.

WreckitCamz : Hadn't heard of it, thanks for the heads up!
    hexus trust : n(baby):n(lover):n(sky)|>P(Name)>>nopes

Be Careful on the Internet! I ran and tackled a drive by mining attack today. It's not designed to do anything than provide fake texts (say!)

Bagnaj97

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
    Is it anywhere near as good as UT 2004 was? I still sometimes feel the need to fire that game up, unfortunately I lost my boxed key and can't install it.
    In terms of "feel" it's closer to UT99 than 2k4 - no double jumping etc. That said, there are mutators that make it behave more like UT2k4 so there's nothing stopping you setting up or joining a server with them enabled. In terms of polish, it's pre-alpha so it's not perfect. There are missing textures in places, some of the models are rough, map selection could be better - but it's getting there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bagnaj97 View Post
    and that's where F2P comes in - as I understand it the plan is for users to make and sell character models/skins/accessories, Epic take a cut of sales.

I've had a quick play around just in botmatches to see how it's shaping up and it's definitely on the right track so far! Gameplay is slick and fps/performance is solid considering the early stage of development (although likely helped by missing/placeholder textures in places keeping vRAM usage down).
    Well the accessories so far are just earnt through playing (I didn't know this until I actually looked and realised I'd got a crap tonne more accessories). Although it may change once the game is live.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium View Post

WreckitCamz : Hadn't heard of it, thanks for the heads up!

It's really more like the 1999 version since the 2k4 started inviting vehicles and such, which was okay for some.

It might change in the future, I'm really excited to see what they're going to publish as live.

6. Received thanks from:

Millennium (17-10-2015)

Registered+
    Thanks
    Wow, I totally forgot about this. I knew it was under development, and they also included fans and players, but somehow it totally slipped away from my mind.

Any ideas or experience of system req for this?

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    What has happened with my comment on this thread? :/
    It had been caught by one of our spam prevention measures. I have now released it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    It had been caught by one of our spam prevention measures. I have now released it.
    Ah, cool. Thanks

Registered+
    Thanks
    • timcamnz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS3H B450
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4 3200
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512 SSD, 1x 256 SSD, 1x 1TB WD Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX 3070
      • PSU:
      • 750W
      • Case:
      • MATX - I forget
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 29" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre

Cracking re-make, as it's 'Pre-Alpha' it's a little buggy but a great play!

Thread Information