Thread: Thinking of becoming a hunter

Thanks

Thinking of becoming a hunter

Thinking of becoming a hunter, what do you folk think?

Any hints?

Obviously its my new charachter, and im new to the game..........

Thanks
    Well get a familiar is the best thing and get a good one as well, highest level beast you can risk really. Get skinning as your main skill, its very easy to make money from skins on animals youve killed and its alot quicker than mining. Aromour up as they say Ive been able to take on harpies at level 10 when I was level 8 becuase iahd some decent armour.

*Tip* If you get frustrated quests then you can alwasy go skinning and looting for a time to gain levels and armour/weaposn and then go back to the quests later on, try and do and get a level above the quest that youre doing.
    Antec P160/Abit IC7Max3/P4 3.02Ghz/PC3200 1GB/120GB Seagate Barracuda/Zalman CP7000/Radeon 128MB PRO with Arctic cooling/120mm fans

Yamaha YZF R6 2004 (Red)

Thanks
    btw what race are you using? Troll is apparently the best hunter class to get. Let me know as Im thinking of doing the hunter class next but we could team up if were the same race based in the same location
    Antec P160/Abit IC7Max3/P4 3.02Ghz/PC3200 1GB/120GB Seagate Barracuda/Zalman CP7000/Radeon 128MB PRO with Arctic cooling/120mm fans

Yamaha YZF R6 2004 (Red)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanov
    btw what race are you using? Troll is apparently the best hunter class to get. Let me know as Im thinking of doing the hunter class next but we could team up if were the same race based in the same location
    Hunters are good i got to lvl 24 with an orc hunter you get pets at lvl 10 by quest and if your a troll the tigers near your home make good pets i took my pet to lvl 23
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Martin "Whats a Wan ton?"
    Lee "About 1000 kilo's"

Thanks
    im thinking of being an orc on server arathor, hexus guild

Thanks
    I am currently a lvl17 troll hunter though got to 24 in beta.
    If you read up on the class you'll realise it's not really for tanking, it's best either solo or in support of other members in a team. The aim is to tank with the pet to keep your foes at bay while you lay into them from range.
    The nice thing about this is that when in a group you can use your pet to support the parties main tanking characters while you take out spellcasters at range.

One niggling little thing is the amount of inventory you loose for carrying your pets food. Mind you with a guild like yours you should have much trouble upping the size of your bags beyond 6slots pretty quickly

I really enjoy the character. It's well worth getting one!
    Vimeous : i7 7700K | 16Gb | ASUS Strix Z270G | GTX1080 | 960 EVO 500GB NVMe | 850 EVO 500GB | TX650W | NZXT S340 Elite | Dell U2713H + 17" | 10 Pro
    Willowin : i7 3570K | 16Gb | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | GTX 660 TI | 2x 1TB 840EVO | Sugo SG05BB-450 | Dell U2713H + 17" | 8.1 Pro
    Svr : X2 4200+ | 2Gb | ASUS A8N-SLI Premium | HD6870 | SonicFury | 8x 250Gb (2x RAID10) | 3Ware 9650SE-8LPML | Seasonic 700W | CM Stacker 830 | XP Pro
    NAS : DS1511+ | DX513
    W : Dell Precision T3610 | E5-1650 V2 | 16GB | Quadro K2000 | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 8.1 Pro | 2x Dell U2515H

ERU
    Thanks
    Don't get skinning and leather as i do that. Do something else so we can share.

Banned
    Thanks
    my hunter is ace, lvl 23 (bout 2k off 24) and is a great soloer and group player

my only tip is choose the right pet for you. if you are going for tanking your pet go for something with lots of armour (my raptor is lvl 23 and has an armour value of 996) and dont be shy in getting plenty of skills for it. at first it gobbles up the meat, but once its at lvl 6 loyalty it will hardly eat anything. (i think mine eats once ever 45mins-1hr now, and is never out the green )

Thanks
    Well i can tell ya, that being a hunter is great, but there are things that you must take in consideration.
    First the race.I belive the troll makes the best hunter,They have the proper look of a hunter, but you can choose a Orc or Tauren, they are great too!!
    Secondly, wen you reach lvl 10, you need to start looking for a pet.Now to start i belive that a raptor or a scorpid make great pets!They have a good atack and they can take a pounding!Of ourse wen you keep lvling up, you will probably want to get some more exotic and strong pets...Now remenber, the pet will be your companion, your distractor, your enforcer so you need to choose a good one!Well eveyone keeps talking about the rake!!Forget it, sure is a fast atacker, but is atack isn't that great.Besides good luck triyng to find it, he takes a really long time to spawn, and since its lvl 11, if u go for it a bit later you will have a bad time lvling up.Now you can find good ones, without leaving the barrens, and ill give you some examples!!Hekayke(dont know how to wright it) is a good one!He will "show up" in mission, but instead of killing him catch him!!This White lion has some very good stats!!Then theres Takk the Leaper!!He is great.Wen i caught mine i had at that time a raptor elite tht i caught at WC!In the forums they say theres no diference between the elite and the normal!Dont listeen to them, elite have better stats!!Takk as the same stats as an elite one (he is elite).I recomend catching him!!Remeber this, he is the fastest running creature in the game, so if is catching goes wrong, it dosen't matter what lvl you are, or how strong you are, you just cant outrun Takk!!This goes also for your targets.. the other night this elf, was running from a mob of angry orcs , but he had a good head start! my brother unleashed Takk on him...He caught him, and started pounding him...he gave him some good hits before we all catched up and kicked his bottom .
    The last one his Humar, the Pride lord!!He is second to rakke atack speed (rakke 1.20, humar 1.30), but this comes with a price!!He almost has half the atack of takk!!His stats aren't that bad, but the atack is a bit disapointing.Of course the speed compensates the lack of atack!!
    Well as for jobs, leatherworking and skinning appear to bet the most appropriate, but for secs, i recomend also first aid, and maybe cooking!!
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by Balkoth; 04-03-2005 at 10:25 AM.
    Arathor - Balgor lvl 47 Hunter

Ragnaros - Kostas lvl 8 Mage

Arrrggg, shimber me timbers!!!

-Burn her, Burn her shes a witch!!
    -How do you know shes a witch?
    -Well she turned me into a NEWT!!
    -A newt??
    -...i got better...

Banned
    Thanks
    takk was a great suggestion btw, i now have him on lvl 6 loyalty and is only 2 lvls below me (caught him when i was lvl 24, he was lvl 19)

went back to my old raptor for a fight and it just wasnt the same :S

Thanks
    hehe, i told you that he rocks big time !!
    Another sugestion for a pet is, Sri'skulk at venon web!!It dosen't do as mutch damage as a raptor, but is dps is great, and for some reason is one of the best distractors i've ever seen!!
    Arathor - Balgor lvl 47 Hunter

Ragnaros - Kostas lvl 8 Mage

Arrrggg, shimber me timbers!!!

-Burn her, Burn her shes a witch!!
    -How do you know shes a witch?
    -Well she turned me into a NEWT!!
    -A newt??
    -...i got better...

Thanks
    Where do i find Takk guys?

**edit, don't worry, I wwhere he is now
    Last edited by GreenPiggy; 04-03-2005 at 05:54 PM.
    Knight 1: We are now no longer the Knights who say Ni.
    Knight 2: NI.
    Other Knights: Shh...
    Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say..."Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.

Thread Information