• Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

Serious Thread.....

what could be the most terrifying feeling of REAL WW2 flight and combat?

You've all flown this game for months and even years....and lots and lots of air hours have been gained.....we must have 10,000 or more between us.

So..... WHAT is the most scared you would be IF IT WAS REAL? What is the WORST scariest situation you can possibly imagine

Go on.....really dredge your imagination,....and your memory of online gaming....WHAT situ is the one where you just KNOW you would be on the verge of tears IF IT WAS REAL ?

Try......go on....and make sure it is not Airquake style.....you got one plane and one life and you are on the verge of losing it all......in real time......you got family at home and you and your plane are really in the sh1t......what is the WORST feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    in a bomber, on the bomb run, flying through flak with Nazi fighters all over the place and 4 poxy MG's to protect you.... and watching your mates get exploded while they're flying next to you. At least in a fighter you can try and run

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    bomber must be SO SCARY....specially that underneath ball shaped pod on a B17....mortifying....

but for me that aint it.......I would be relying on other people and have no doubt about the "luck of the draw"....it goes which ever way....

I would be more scared of letting other people down and myself....

"The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |

Thanks
    Losing a wing at high speed and you can't bail out because of the slipstream.

I have a book where one bit describes a 190 pilot who got mullered by 2 P-47s at 20,000 ft. One shell nearly severed his left arm at the elbow, as his plane went down he pulled the canopy release lever - nothing - he passes out

At about 5000 ft he comes too, tries the lever again - nothing

then he realises his canopy hadn't been there the whole time!

He can't get out - ground - sky- ground - sky violently spinning into a blur...

Then he is free - tumbling and tumbling - his useless left arm flapping above his head - violent jerk and his parachute opens

almost immediately he hits the ground, the chute has opened just in time to slow his descent enough.

His arm was later amputated, but he survived the war.

Thanks
    /\ now that's frightening...... mind you - the big DB only survived cos his false leg came off, his right foot was jammed under the rudder bar when his tailplane got shot off....

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    I agree.....too scary for words.....

Imagine the feeling.....the first thought....as you see 2 P47's and you on your own......imagine the sinking feeling in your stomach...the knowledge that you might well be on the receiving end this time

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    I have thought about this all day....and it simply isn't the feeling of your plane letting you down.... or even of being jumped by 2 P47's.....

its KNOWING you are being pushed nearer and nearer the ground by someone who you KNOW is better than you....and you having no choice but to keep fighting, evading and all the time losing height and speed as you try to avoid the tracer bullets coming over your canopy.....

the unavoidable terror growing in your stomach, your mind fighting to stop the tide of fear rising in your throat....

the engine is fine, its OK, the wings only have a few holes in them.....but everytime to try to evade, you get shortcutted by the demon on your tail.....the "invisible " plane that is all ways just behind and out of your view.....

he MUST be as slow and as low, because he aint come past, and he's probably lower cos you can't see him easily even on a turn......but the bullets whiz past every 30 seconds, in little sporadic bursts.....as he tries to guage your distance.....

if you dive to gain speed you may well be caught.....if you climb the things gonna stall/spin and you're history......if you bank hard he's gonna get a raking shot across your canopy......maybe take a wingoff......

if you invert and Split S.......he's gonna do the same AND get to see you move before you do....

and there is sod all you can do to get him off......and the speed is draining from you....your energy is leaking out of every manouvre.....and you cant climb cos you're not fast enough....

This game makes me think too much..I need a lager...

anyone else ?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Tumble
    /\ now that's frightening...... mind you - the big DB only survived cos his false leg came off, his right foot was jammed under the rudder bar when his tailplane got shot off....
    but if he had real legs mybe he would of mnaged to move them free?

After actually flying in a plane, the worst feeling is flying threw a cloud.
    I was meant to go threw this hole in the cloud, when its hut itself up, and i was forced to fly striaght up, and i could hear another Bulldog above me, when i pulled up i was about to chop his tail plane off if i had left it for another 5 secs, serious throttle amd banking action followed. followed by a mard from the pilot :E

Thanks
    The worse thing I ever had in my cadet days was being in a chipmunk after a fat bloke, the ground crew strapped me in but didnt tighten the straps, we did a loop n as we hit 0g at the top I dropped about 4 inches outta the chair...

f00k me I about had a baby....

Thanks
    apparently, he was half out of the cockpit, but the aircraft was spinning groundwards rather quickly, and he was plastered against the side of the fuselage..... so I don't reckon he could of pulled his foot free if he wanted to, cos he was being pulled anyway by the slipstream, and the strap gave way which let him "float" free...

adamspestcontrol.co.uk
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Tumble
    apparently, he was half out of the cockpit, but the aircraft was spinning groundwards rather quickly, and he was plastered against the side of the fuselage..... so I don't reckon he could of pulled his foot free if he wanted to, cos he was being pulled anyway by the slipstream, and the strap gave way which let him "float" free...
    Yep if Bader had had *real legs* he would have been toast tbh. Interesting fact that whilst Bader claimed (and sincerely believed) he was rammed in the DF by a 109. Adolf Galland is 100% adament that he was shot down. In his offically biography written by his brother in law the case for him been mistaken is very strong, likely hood is he got jumped while chasing another 109

Thanks
    oh-wow... I remember the ol' chippies!

Thanks
    lol, they convinced us them things were safe...

So how come were wearing chutes again?

Thanks
    the bulldogs that replaced them were better, now the trainer is a tutor, right peice of crap, though i did have a go in a tucano once, now thast 1 fast turbo-prop :E

Thanks
    Tuc's were f'kin ace.....

Thanks
    my sister went in a Jetstream, that was supposed to be fantastic, went to scotland and back in 40 mins(iirc) from lincolnshire :E

My other sister went in a dominie, also a fast prop plane, tucs are better though ;X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information