Thread: Battle of Britian Sunday

Thanks

Battle of Britian Sunday

Who went to a church service yesterday?
    I dont ever goto church or services EVER, but i do every year for Battle of Britian sunday.

It's also very annoying the amount of people who "didnt know about it". When these men and women died for us, sacraficed there life for ours, and they deserve the respect.

Come on, own up, who didnt even know about it?

**edit due to tigs reply**
    Last edited by Russ; 22-09-2003 at 11:03 PM.

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    I admit i didn't go, However just by not going to church doesn't mean i don't think about there sacrafice, Each person can show differently what they think about the past and the sacrafices people gave.

Personally i believe that If i give back to my community in whatever way I can i show respect to people who have gone before.

Running an under 6 football team every week gives 16 kids the chance to learn a team sport, get into a decent healthy living and tries to ensure that they value themselves, each other and gives them some confidence and i certainly hope will help keep them out of trouble when they are older.

Just because I don't choose to worship in a Church doesn't mean we don't know it exists....
    TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    Originally posted by TiG
    I admit i didn't go, However just by not going to church doesn't mean i don't think about there sacrafice, Each person can show differently what they think about the past and the sacrafices people gave.

Personally i believe that If i give back to my community in whatever way I can i show respect to people who have gone before.

Running an under 6 football team every week gives 16 kids the chance to learn a team sport, get into a decent healthy living and tries to ensure that they value themselves, each other and gives them some confidence and i certainly hope will help keep them out of trouble when they are older.

Just because I don't choose to worship in a Church doesn't mean we don't know it exists....
    TiG
    nice reply, and giving back into thecommunity is about the only thing we can do, we can do minutes silence over and over again, it doesnt bring back the hundreds ofyears that these men and wome still had to live. I would be glad to know that theres still people even 60+ years on who will put back in.

Thanks
    I must admit ignorance to the fact that there is a specific BoB Sunday at all....I suppose it's because there wasn't a "Manx" squadron, like there was the Manx 15th Artillery regiment. I do always try to march with the band on the Burma Star parade tho - a lot of manxmen lost their lives in that almost forgotten campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    *hand up*

Didnt know.....sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thread Information