Thread: Mage proffessions

On a Tactical Vessel in search of an Invisible Submarine
    Thanks

Mage proffessions

Hm ive just gotten level 9.2 or so b4 the servers went down for maintenance
    i got tailoring to around 23 and im enjoying it since i can really make some surprisingly decent stuff i can wear but i cant choose whether to go for Enchanting or Skinning as my 2nd proffession. Im a little worried how leveling enchanting would go since it seems very complicated soi cant decide.

Can somebody tell me exactly how usefull are enchanting or skinning with tailoring at later levels since i cant quite tell at level 9.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Enchanting is a very, very expensive profession to level up. I would chose skinning as you'll need leather later, and you can sell what leather you get to make a little bit of profit.

Thanks
    I chose skinning since a small number of tailoring recipes require leather. It also means you can sell off the excess, or give it to your fellow guild members. When I tried Enchanting in Beta, I found it gave little benefits, especially considering the cost (disenchanting decent items). However, the benefits later on are apparently excellent, and tailoring can support enchanting quite well. Don't forget that you can drop a skill and take another one.
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

Thanks
    Skinning all the way...enchanting IS cool but lots of work and money...skinning helps everyone, and as mentioned does support tailoring a little too!

And its not wasteful! You'll be killing a hell of a lot of beasts, and if you're no skinner it all goes to waste
    Well Hello!

Thanks
    Well theres enchanting and herbalism...but they can be expensive!Skinning can get you some good cash (trust me i know ) and even if u dont need it or the guild u can always sell it at the AH..and since loads of people need it, they always go for the buyout
    Arathor - Balgor lvl 47 Hunter

Ragnaros - Kostas lvl 8 Mage

Arrrggg, shimber me timbers!!!

-Burn her, Burn her shes a witch!!
    -How do you know shes a witch?
    -Well she turned me into a NEWT!!
    -A newt??
    -...i got better...

On a Tactical Vessel in search of an Invisible Submarine
    Thanks
    only i was playing today and a guy was shouting in sw for beastslayer enchant he was so desperate he was saying that the enchanter can name his price so i was wondering if our server was short on chanter mabe

Thanks
    People want beastslayer because it makes the weapon glow red. Problem is, you can't auction enchants (except by auctioning the item, enchanted)...so most of the time if you're in Orgrimmar, you'll see "High level enchants for sale!" and no response, or "I want to get my xxx enchanted!" and no response...whereas other things you create and auction.

I think there's a fair few out there...personally I think I chose badly because I'm much more interested in being out there questing than being in a city hawking my wares...OTOH, I'm being supported by the guild and enchanting guildmembers when I'm asked...
    Well Hello!

Thread Information