Thread: Guild Promotions/Demotions

Thanks

Guild Promotions/Demotions

I asked this question in the Guild Master is leaving thread. No one answered. So i'm bringing the subject up again.

How does one gain promotion? There is no set ways to reward guild membership, its just on the fancy of an officer, this is what i have actually noticed while playing in the guild.

Within WOW there are only 5 guild positions. Initiate, member, Veteran, Officer and Guild master. But this little gem came to light earlier on the WOW website.

Reward Good Behavior
    Reward good behavior in your guild by increased power. You can create special ranks for your guild that players can earn through whatever deeds you deem necessary. Just as players wish to upgrade their characters, players also wish to improve their status in the guild!
    So the guild was founded in March yet we are still using Blizzards designs. Isn't it about time that this was updated, try and promote the ideas that the guild rewards people for more than how much gold they have or what level they've reached.

Quick note. I have a couple of more questions that need answers. This is just the first.

I took the road less traveled by Scientist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Currently we reward staying in the guild till lvl 40+ with veteran, we will soon be creating a new rank to specially recognise people who contribute significantly to guild life.

As for the powers blizzard mention the only real powers available to give to ranks are to promote/demote, invite people to the guild and to talk/view officer chat.
    Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
    Enwrought with golden and silver light,
    The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
    Of night and light and the half-light,
    I would spread the cloths under your feet:
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

Thanks
    I see no significance in the rank structure - sure i may be a "veteran" but that does not make me any superior to a standard member.................

Im happy with the way things are at the moment, otherwise we will have the "how come hes a XXXX and im only classed as a yyyy"......

Do we really need tags to say we do a lot for the guild? tbh i know who helps and who doesn't.

I'd rather see a service level, after 1 month of active guild life gain one rank etc- so the long time service members are noticed.

Thanks
    On a side note - one of the things that seperate us from the leeeetor guilds is the relaxed attitude. If we Impose a rank structure / reward structure within the guild i can see us drifting away from a group of mates playing together.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scientist
    Currently we reward staying in the guild till lvl 40+ with veteran, we will soon be creating a new rank to specially recognise people who contribute significantly to guild life.
    That seems to be new. Personally i think lvl 40 is too low and it should have been set at 50. Just my view. If you are going to have a scale, you need to inform people of that scale. Its no use just telling the officers or whoever is playing at a given time.

Quote Originally Posted by madocks
    Im happy with the way things are at the moment, otherwise we will have the "how come hes a XXXX and im only classed as a yyyy".......
    Thats one reason why i asked. I noticed someone asking why they were still an Initiate at lvl21. They were instantly promoted. I did some looking and noticed a couple of people about the same lvl but they were still initiate, yet they did not get a promotion.

I'd rather see a service level, after 1 month of active guild life gain one rank etc- so the long time service members are noticed.
    On a side note - one of the things that seperate us from the leeeetor guilds is the relaxed attitude. If we Impose a rank structure / reward structure within the guild i can see us drifting away from a group of mates playing together.
    Currently we have a Rank system based on lvl. This should be added to,by rewarding people for other things they do. Not just by how much spare time they have. Its this sort of incentive that will keep the guild alive. The whole game is about levelling up, to be the best you can be. This should also apply to the guild.

I disagree with you comment on drifting away. I've grouped with many people, some lower, some higher. I remember when RP joined, i helped her out with Herbs as she was a lower lvl, i watched as she sailed past me, but now it was RP helping me out. I've seen her become a Veteran and now notice she's an officer (congrats by the way) but i've seen none of this drifting away that you mention.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beanbandit
    Thats one reason why i asked. I noticed someone asking why they were still an Initiate at lvl21. They were instantly promoted. I did some looking and noticed a couple of people about the same lvl but they were still initiate, yet they did not get a promotion.
    There's probably 2 reasons for this:

1. The ranks aren't a very important aspect of the game, so the GM and officers don't update it on a regular basis.

and

2. Some members join the guild already few lvls up, so in effect they are still an 'initiate' to the guild no matter what lvl they are on.

Thanks
    That seems to be new. Personally i think lvl 40 is too low and it should have been set at 50. Just my view. If you are going to have a scale, you need to inform people of that scale. Its no use just telling the officers or whoever is playing at a given time.
    Its not new, its been around since as long as I can remember.... but at the same time writing it into the code of conduct seems a bit silly, at lvl 40 you WILL get veteran status aint always the case

Currently we have a Rank system based on lvl. This should be added to,by rewarding people for other things they do. Not just by how much spare time they have. Its this sort of incentive that will keep the guild alive. The whole game is about levelling up, to be the best you can be. This should also apply to the guild.
    This in my opinion would ony cause conflicts...... take proplus, only ever plays online when everyone else is in bed. Does he get to stay member forever? as the GM will never see his guild input. Another point to mention is that a lot of my loot / donations are done in PM to the relevant class / trade, should i now be announcing in Guild chat to say "hey look, im nice, im offering XX"

I disagree with you comment on drifting away. I've grouped with many people, some lower, some higher. I remember when RP joined, i helped her out with Herbs as she was a lower lvl, i watched as she sailed past me, but now it was RP helping me out. I've seen her become a Veteran and now notice she's an officer (congrats by the way) but i've seen none of this drifting away that you mention.
    Your missing the point, I meant that if we introduce more ranks, we become a military run guild. Rather than a group of mates that all read the hexus forums and want to play together.

At the end of the day ......... its a game, if we introduce a "top bloke" rank, would it make u play better, would it make u feel better? ........... no

I reckon it would just cause others to ask, how come pugs a "top bloke" and im not, I do more things for the guild than him

Thanks
    Its not new, its been around since as long as I can remember.... but at the same time writing it into the code of conduct seems a bit silly, at lvl 40 you WILL get veteran status aint always the case
    This is very new. You was the first one to post this info (while i was away) and it surprised me. This has never been mentioned or implimented. I'm lvl 54 but was only promoted to Veteran while i was away. So this is actually a new system. And as i've previously stated, promotions have always been on the whim of an officer. No discussion nothing.

Your missing the point, I meant that if we introduce more ranks, we become a military run guild. Rather than a group of mates that all read the hexus forums and want to play together.
    Actually i'm not missing the point. Its nothing to do with running the guild as a military type thing. Its about introducing ways to improve the guild. Letting new members know that they can ask a certain rank for hep and not get told they are too low a level, or they are way to busy farming money.

At the end of the day ......... its a game, if we introduce a "top bloke" rank, would it make u play better, would it make u feel better? ........... no

I reckon it would just cause others to ask, how come pugs a "top bloke" and im not, I do more things for the guild than him
    Your missing the point, it wouldn't make me play any differently, what it would do is allow someone to ask for something with out being told(in whatever form) to get lost.

At the end of the day all i'm asking for is more openness. Tell people, rather than hide behind a faceless "Officer" mask.

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    The other thing that you guys may wish to do is add a bit of colour to the ranks, all the positions in the guild i've joined all have interesting names, and are a little bit more colourful than just member, initiate, veteran etc...

Sure not going to change the world, but i'd much prefer to be a Knight than say a veteran

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    This is very new. You was the first one to post this info (while i was away) and it surprised me. This has never been mentioned or implimented.
    Just because u aint heard of it, doesnt mean its new

Letting new members know that they can ask a certain rank for hep and not get told they are too low a level, or they are way to busy farming money.
    Disagree, its up to everyone to help lower lvls, higher lvls, not just the ones with lots of money, or high lvls

Your missing the point, it wouldn't make me play any differently, what it would do is allow someone to ask for something with out being told(in whatever form) to get lost.
    Anyone ever tell u to get lost? with the current system.

Thanks
    • Mblaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PK5 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25 SSD + WD 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    The lvl 40 people getting veteran rank is FAR from new, it's just that the officers are slacking and don't update the ranks as often as they should I remember when I got level 40 and was promoted with velan and lilith as well, some people get missed off and don't get promoted, but it's no big deal. There's no actual priviage differences between an Initiate and a Veteran rank.
    I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am so that's the way it comes out.

I took the road less traveled by Scientist's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is the problem, I would very much like to reward people however the options available are as I stated above very limited as to what other than a title people can be rewarded with.
    Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
    Enwrought with golden and silver light,
    The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
    Of night and light and the half-light,
    I would spread the cloths under your feet:
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

Thanks

A title of you

A title means nothing to me in game so far. People for me portray their own title I perceive through actions toward others and myself within the guild and the world of warcraft.

The bestowing of knighthood or title by a king has meaning and is gained through acts deemed worthy of these titles and would often be recognised publicly so all may acknowledge this honour.
    Last edited by Rhyth; 27-05-2005 at 11:57 AM.
    Rhyth is selling:
    Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 XR Di ll LD Aspherical (IF) £230 +pp
    Canon 50mm 1.8 II £50 +pp
    Proven good copies.

Those who look out dream, those who look inward, awake. Jung

Thread Information