Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evil, nasty rogues

Thanks

Evil, nasty rogues

I know Allen will appreciate this A chap's posted on the Guardian games blog this morning concerning the new Battlegrounds patch. A link to the thread is here . What he said is:

"Made lvl 60 about 20 mins ago! Fighting horde on an even battle field just isnt as fun as stealthing behind them, and jumping them as they are fighting a mob. I'll stick to my nasty roguish ways!"

Nice to see the patch only gives dishonour for killing insignificant NPC's as well so I expect to still see Allen's anguished cries of "I've just been killed by a lvl?? rogue!" for many weeks to come

Thanks
    • Mblaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PK5 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25 SSD + WD 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    We're not a PvP server so the killing someone while they're fighting a mob doesn't really ever happen, because you won't be PvP enabled. But you still get some rogues running around killing all the low level cloth wearers in one hit I always kill the preists, sooo annoying when you're about to hit the final blow and his health shoots back up again.
    I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am so that's the way it comes out.

Thanks
    I'm not having this conversation again....no, we're not a PvP server but there are PvP elements on our server so there are times when you will be PvP enabled. I took a mob to mean any target not just NPC mobs but a player character as well and so the type of behaviour he talks about will still happen, as it does currently at XR........as Allen will testify.

Thanks
    • Mblaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PK5 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    Ah yes, but that's different, you can't complain about being attacked while in the middle of a PvP battle, when you have chosen to be allowed to be attacked! Where as on a PvP server you can get killed while just walking around questing on your own, which is what this guy was refering to I believe.
    I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am so that's the way it comes out.

Thanks
    We'll have to agree to disagree on this as last time it ran to several pages of argument and counter argument I believe he was on about something different to you but there you go.

As for not complaining about something......people complain about lots of things, it's their perogative.

Edit:
    Hang on....you can't complain about being attacked when in a PvP battle on a PvE server because you CHOSE to go PvP but when you're on PvP server where you CHOSE to be PvP all the time then it's a pain and you can moan about? Where's the logic in that?
    Last edited by Beach; 08-06-2005 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks
    • Mblaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PK5 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach
    Edit:
    Hang on....you can't complain about being attacked when in a PvP battle on a PvE server because you CHOSE to go PvP but when you're on PvP server where you CHOSE to be PvP all the time then it's a pain and you can moan about? Where's the logic in that?
    Just because you chose to go on a PvP server doesn't mean you want to be in PvP all the time, and the complaints on the PvP servers are about people killing you while you are fighting a mob which is un-fair and most people won't attack.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mblaster
    Just because you chose to go on a PvP server doesn't mean you want to be in PvP all the time
    Sorry, what? It's a player vs player server, you make the choice to be PvP all the time when you choose that particular server.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Ah yes, but that's different, you can't complain about being attacked while in the middle of a PvP battle, when you have chosen to be allowed to be attacked!
    I can, and will, continue to complain about the low life level 60 rogues who stealth kill me during PvP battles.

Yes, I have chosen to enable PvP so I can attack and kill Alliance, but I don't expect to be able to kill people without them having a fair chance of killing me, but as a lvl 40 Mage I would never intentionally inst-kill a lvl 20 Alliance who was PvP enabled whilst in a huge battle, unless they were trying to kill me.

The honour system is not honourble. There is nothing honourable about killing someone 20 levels below you when they simply don't stand a chance and don't even know you're there, it's quite simple. I have the maturity to a) know it won't be of any benefit to me at all, b) know it will piss people off (and this game is about fun, not getting one up over someone who, for whatever reason, hasn't yet reached the almighty level 60 where everyone can enjoy PvP fairly), and c) not portray Horde as being a group of kids with nothing better to do than kill people 20 levels lower than them to make up for having a small penis.

This is why I don't play much on Ragnaros (PvP server) anymore, you wouldn't believe how many times Nightshadow got ganked (in the true meaning of the word) whilst questing in Redridge, it's crazy! You're either killed just after fighting a mod (low on health) or whilst resting and eating (yes, actually sitting down). I started Nightshadow just before the honour system was brought in and everything was cool before it, then after it happened so many people moaned it was crazy. Those in guilds were lucky though, they just got help and was protected whilst trying to level, but otherwise, unless you were lucky, you were screwed.

Thanks
    Just because you chose to go on a PvP server doesn't mean you want to be in PvP all the time, and the complaints on the PvP servers are about people killing you while you are fighting a mob which is un-fair and most people won't attack.
    Being on PvP server myself.. thats true it is unfair to attack someone whiles mid battle with an NPC but it never EVER stopped anyone from killing me or the other way round the only way you can stay away from PvP is the stay in an area designed for levels 1 though to 20 or your home/major citys.. after that EVERYWHERE is PvP.

Being in PvP all the time makes the game so much more fun, being able to go to STV with yourself and a rogue you could easily get 100 - 200 kills in a few hours and with the new 'bug' that stopped the Booty Bay guards attacking you in the town it makes ganking that bit more fun.

IMHO most of the servers should be PvP as its more 'realistic' which is what alot of people are looking for in games.. I.E. in any war, if you saw someone of the opposite faction from yourself you couldnt stad there and laugh at each other, you would rip each others heads off the first possible chance you get.

Reading the guys post about him Pvp'in it does look like he is refering to PvP in contested areas but there is no way of knowing that coz it is not stated by himself so we will never know.

anyways there is my view

[Edit]
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen
    The honour system is not honourble. There is nothing honourable about killing someone 20 levels below you when they simply don't stand a chance and don't even know you're there, it's quite simple.
    very true there but what happens when you are level 38 and you have 10 - 15 level 12 - 15s attacking you you plant them all! if there was dis honor for killing end users that were 6 levels lower i would be stuffed by now, normally i go to westfall for mining tin and copper is there seems to be alot more over there in deadmines and around there.. but normally (whiles minding my own business I get attacked at least 20 times by people level 12+ within the hour of farming to which i /point /laugh *Earth Shoch* /point /laugh /spit
    Last edited by Kaine (AoD); 08-06-2005 at 11:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni
    What the hell does "WTH" mean

Thanks
    • Mblaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PK5 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    I do kill low levels in a PvP battle because the small ammount of damage they might do to me (a rogue) makes a lot more difference than to most classes. If a mage hits me with a flamestrike (AoE instant damage + DOT) then even if it's 1 damage I still get unstealthed, and I will stay unstealthed until the DOT has finished, and if I'm near the allience when this happens I die. But to a warrior it wouldn't make any difference other than stopping their battle stance charge ability and their normal health regen.

I also kill all priests no matter what level they are because I hate it when the person I'm killing gets healed in the middle of a fight, even if it's a lvl 35 healing, they can make a lot of difference and often cause me to die before I get a kill.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AoD
    ... it makes ganking that bit more fun.
    /slowly and carefully removes Allen's muzzel and unclips leash

Quote Originally Posted by AoD
    IMHO most of the servers should be PvP as its more 'realistic' which is what alot of people are looking for in games.. I.E. in any war, if you saw someone of the opposite faction from yourself you couldnt stad there and laugh at each other, you would rip each others heads off the first possible chance you get.
    I'm not looking for that, I'm looking for fun. If I want something realistic I turn the PC of and go for a walk. Getting happy-slapped by a bunch of 14 year old chav's on a street corner is no fun in real life. Getting 'ganked' in a game world is less threatening but it still sucks.

Thanks
    Im with Mblaster in this one , if a alliance char is on a pvp battle ( XR, TM ,etc)
    he is a target , i dont give a crap if he is lvl 1 or lvl 60 , if he is figthing is a target , period.
    But if i find a low lvl alliance wandering pvp enabled , i dont attack him if he doesnt attack me .

Fellows , in war there inst any honour .
    WoW

Ravenblood - lvl 56 Troll Hunter - Mining/Eng

Dumac - lvl 18 Druid - Herb/Alc

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenblood
    There is in Warcraft though and therein lies the rub

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach
    Getting happy-slapped by a bunch of 14 year old chav's on a street corner is no fun in real life.
    Haha your a winner SO TRUE, not been 'happy slapped' yet and I feel sorry for the 1st person that tries it.. ill show them the meaning of happy slapping when i slap there face with 'Men at work' sign
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni
    What the hell does "WTH" mean

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenblood
    Then what's the "Honour" system for?

Maybe they should rename it to a "Boasting" system, or "Willy Waggling" system then if the purpose of it is not to bring honour to the game and try to stop high level guys easily killing low levels guys. If they don't try to promote honour, more low level guys will be killed, and PvP in Warcraft should appeal to all types of players IMO (i.e. not just those who have the time to reach lvl 60 in a couple of weeks). Otherwise you could see a lot of people stop playing.

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Almost got killed by a lvl 21 last night, on 290 hp after taking a lvl 60 warrior down solo, and this lvl 21 ham strings me to stop me legging it, first hit takes about 30 off, and i'm rather worried that i'm going to die to a lvl 21, turn round and frost shock him, to slow him down. Funny enough the 500ish dmg it did killed him in one

When i have a choice i'll choose lvl 60 over lvl 40, however if a lvl 40 human is just about to kill a lvl 35 orc, i'll just jump in and kill the human to keep a fellow horde alive.

You just can't make killing people 20 levels lower dishonourable kills, it just wouldn't work.

Its a game that rewards lvl 60 a bit too much imo, but saying that in reality it allows you to get there if you work on one character pretty quickly (compared to other mmorpgs)

Overall it all works out pretty well.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information