Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Why Does the alliance suck?

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks

So Why Does the alliance suck?

I'm beginning to wonder about this question in WoW, alliance have more players and in the law of averages they should own the horde side in the same number battle grounds?. I've played Warsong Gulch 7 times and not lost, even when we had 7vs10.

Only differences in available classes are paladins/shaman. Does shaman turn the tide?, Well one thing i have been fairly convinced about is that shaman's instant cast spells in battlegrounds give us a damn nice advantage over a fair few classes.

No standing still to cast spells is damn nice. But then paladin's have divine shield and with a paladin returning the flag you effectively have to kill them twice giving the alliance time to get defence to them.

At least on our server, i still feel is down to the fact that alliance players overall are worse equipped than the horde counterparts. Either that or the practise of horde players getting used to unfair numbers and counteracting this with improved skills.

Anyone else got an opinion why the alliance on arathor suck so?.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TiG
    At least on our server, i still feel is down to the fact that alliance players overall are worse equipped than the horde counterparts. Either that or the practise of horde players getting used to unfair numbers and counteracting this with improved skills.

TiG
    On the spot TIG , most of alliance players suck very hard , even players with high ranks on PVP ( there are very good alliance players too) , one of the possible aspects that lead to that "suckage" is that they are used to zerg XR and TM for CPs , there isnt any skill involved in zerging , but the horde players are used too fight against a larger force , so we became more skilled and organized , we have months of experince on that matter .

About the equipment , if they are worst equipped then us , they are even more stupid , if they have a lot more peeps , they have more choise in the AH , and a better probability of finding a group for loot runs.

Well , this only my opinion
    WoW

Ravenblood - lvl 56 Troll Hunter - Mining/Eng

Dumac - lvl 18 Druid - Herb/Alc

Thanks
    Does shaman turn the tide?
    id say they play a part on why Horde own so much A$$ as they are very good backup/support in PvP for healing an the shock spells are one of the best spells us shamans have.

I DID play Alli for a while as a rogue and equipment is quite hard to fine, its all AH buying.

In regards to alli to horde Popularity alli defo have the advantage! may its like Chavs.. they come in groups but they are all soft as s**t (((( ))))

Us Horde just pwn thats the ONLY logical reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni
    What the hell does "WTH" mean

Thanks
    Alliance Theory on Victory is = Numbers, bring as many as you can, this is what they do all the time.
    Also one thing to note is te Alliance have very little experience with regard to "Defending" they dont do it In an equal environment where attack and defence go hand in hand they can only do atack, capture the flag is based around both attributes.
    Attacking XR/TM is not.

Thats the main difference i see...
    Arathor

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    I don't think the equipment comes into it really. I know you've mentioned it before TiG, but I still don't understand it. I've seen loads of peeps with great eq on Alliance and also quite a few with pap equipments, but I just think that because of the number of guys they have you're comparing their badly equipped guys to Horde badly equipped guys like for like. There's bound to be more of them as there's more (3 times more) on our server!

I do agree with the comments about PvP so far though, they've had it their way all the time, having bigger numbers, not having to worry about tactics as they just push forward with twice as many as us.

I love the WoW forums at the moment though, check out the PvP section. Most Horde guys are cheering, most Alliance guys are crying and telling the Horde guys to shut up, it's hilarious how the tables have turned and how they now don't like it!

Thanks
    • Mblaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PK5 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25 SSD + WD 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    The allience seem to vary a lot, half the players are total crap and the others are really good, killed a lvl 58 mage 3 times in a row while waiting at the allience base and he didn't even hit me, then Winstons (a lvl 60 human warrior, they can be good at pvp sometimes ) comes along and kicks my ass.
    I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am so that's the way it comes out.

Thanks
    • dkmech's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @3.16GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb ddr2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 2*640gb WD Raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 6970
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 690
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Hanns G, 19" Hyundai L90D+
      • Internet:
      • 14Mb
    Anyone thought that without having enough horde to go round the Alliance players on your server may not get that much PVP practice? At all... Never mind the numbers during the encounter.

Also I doubt that the Alliance are thinking "lets get twice as many people as horde have to attack". They just have the numbers to respond to a rallying call.

If you are so tough in PvP maybe you should've gone to a PvP server where population is equal and both sides have smelled the gunpowder

P.S. I find all this trash talk quite amusing, if a little tedious.
    Tough on mirrors, tough on the causes of mirrors.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dkmech
    If you are so tough in PvP maybe you should've gone to a PvP server where population is equal and both sides have smelled the gunpowder
    I play on a PvP server and that is not the point really the point, there are at least 2 allis to 1 horde and thats on DarkSorrow (one of the newer PvP servers) and its the same as arathor.. the Allis cant PvP for there lives... as i stated in a previous post I went to the battle grounds last night as every match i played they were 2 men up from and we still beat them

One fact about the game is that there are never goint to be equal sides, allis will always rely on numbers as they know they have an advantage that way

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dkmech
    Anyone thought that without having enough horde to go round the Alliance players on your server may not get that much PVP practice? At all... Never mind the numbers during the encounter.

Also I doubt that the Alliance are thinking "lets get twice as many people as horde have to attack". They just have the numbers to respond to a rallying call.

You don't have to take part in the conversation if you find it tedious, let me guess tho you are playing an alliance character

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    • dkmech's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @3.16GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb ddr2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 2*640gb WD Raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 6970
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 690
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 14Mb
    Yes I am playing an alliance char. Does the fact that I play a different side in a computer game make me a less valid member of the Hexus forums community? Do you not want a balanced discussion with opinions from both sides?
    I made a Horde char on Arathor to play with you lot and an Alliance char on Zenedar to play with my other friends. It just happened that I enjoyed playing with my friends and couldn't spare time for Arathor, and then the fact that its PvE made it even less attractive to me so I gave up on it. When I get my Alliance char to 60 I'll probably play more as Horde.

You don't have to take part in the conversation if you find it tedious
    I didn't say i find the conversation tedios. I said "trash talk". This thread has valid arguments and discussion in it and it has trash talk. Allow me to demonstrate:
    Quote Originally Posted by TiG.discussion
    Only differences in available classes are paladins/shaman. Does shaman turn the tide?, Well one thing i have been fairly convinced about is that shaman's instant cast spells in battlegrounds give us a damn nice advantage over a fair few classes.

No standing still to cast spells is damn nice. But then paladin's have divine shield and with a paladin returning the flag you effectively have to kill them twice giving the alliance time to get defence to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AoD.trash talk
    may its like Chavs.. they come in groups but they are all soft as s**t (((( ))))

On my server (Zenedar) the population was very nearly 50:50 (although it did change a bit more in favour of alliance now(57:43), i assume everyone has the same number of alts on average). I am in a very small guild so for many quests i don't bother with finding a group and i am often on my own. I normally ignore hordies more than a couple levels below me and always give them a chance to recover if they have been fighting mobs or even help them out (i had the favour returned a couple times too, which was nice).
    However I regularly get attacked by hordies of higher level when i am fighting a mob, or when theres a group of them against me. A couple of times I even beat them, sometimes I manage to leg it, not an easy task as a paladin as just about anyone can outrun us. I get a couple of fair fights too every now and then too - these i like.

I know the population balance on Arathor is bad and I would wish for you to have a fairer fight, but i do think that the lack of experience in even numbers fighting that the Alliance players will experience will actually play into your hands.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AoD
    may its like Chavs.. they come in groups but they are all soft as s**t (((( ))))

(Was a joke ;D;D )

Quote Originally Posted by dkmesh
    I didn't say i find the conversation tedios. I said "trash talk". This thread has valid arguments and discussion in it and it has trash talk.
    ermmm >>>>>>

Thanks
    • dkmech's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @3.16GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb ddr2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 2*640gb WD Raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 6970
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 690
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 14Mb
    Didn't really mean to single you out AoD, just was an easy to spot example of what I meant.

As for the other bit - I thought Alliance was a bad word here, so I felt I needed to justify my position

Thanks
    got a good point really should have been worded a little different but as most of the people on this forum play order it was just something that was put down without thinking of the alliance players that read this aswell

I played an Alli on arathor for about 2 months and it was ok but I found myself getting bored of it around level 30 and PvE... sucks... big!!!! so i moved to horde PvP and im flyin though at the moment been playin on the server neally 4 weeks and just about to turn level 40

Didn't really mean to single you out AoD, just was an easy to spot example of what I meant.
    not feeling singled out at all you are just stating what has been said previously to prove a point from your side of the story !!

I took the road less traveled by Scientist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Now Im not showing off or trying to be flash but the level of the alliance is very poor in Warsong in my experiance, I have so far played in 9 matches and not lost..

It does seem that when numbers are fair the masses of pally's become quite useless - Like I said last night in guild:

Pally on bubble cooldown = Chocolate Kettle
    Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
    Enwrought with golden and silver light,
    The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
    Of night and light and the half-light,
    I would spread the cloths under your feet:
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    I think it's down to the alliance style of play, in general they don't really have any more tactics than "rush them with as many people as possible", whereas horde players have had to develop tactics to deal with the constant onslaught brought about by the 70/30 split. (divide, circle and conquer works rather well!)

Then once we have even numbers, we can quickly demolish them as their rush tactics just gets them killed quicker, rather than rolling us over..
    Last edited by Stoo; 10-06-2005 at 12:46 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    • Grey M@a's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K (With H100i cooling)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, 1TB Cavier Black WD HD, 4TB Cavier Black WD HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390X Gaming Edition 8GB
      • PSU:
      • SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 850W Fully Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG 24GM77-B 144Hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable
    Well as I am an alliance sided player I agree with 60% of the alliance players being thick as two short planks. As I play a mage I could give you the list of stupid things people say to me in group situations:

"Mage stop agging" says a lot doesn't it

"FFS MAGE REZ US"

"Polly that skeletal raider" my eyes roll so much in game but it gets worse

"Mage you tank, you are more powerful than us" well that would be alright if I didn't have 90% less armour than you.

"can you polly the guy I am hitting" yep I could if you would stop hitting it.

"Get your pet to attack the one on the left" Which one would that be, the invisable tiger to my right or the elephant to the left.

The list goes on. As a guild we rarely bother with XR anymore, we try Ogrimar most the time now but since battle grounds we sit in there as in all honesty we would need atleast two full guilds in Ogrimar, one to get the king and one to guard the outside to stop people getting in. The stupidityy of some alliance players is beyond a joke, the amount of times I sit there and chuckle because players haven't got a clue how to play their own class never mind what other classes are capable of.

The one thing that is annoying is the way shamens get to cast whilst moving for the majority of their spells and their totems, you get a rack of totems you spend most the time sheeping the shamen, which they counter so you can take out the totems to stop the regens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information