• Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Leon
    If are not already part of a WoW guild (and therefore do not alredy have access to help), you're better off creating characters on a new server. This means there will be lots of people in the same situation as you looking for help questing, instancing etc.
    Thanks for that, I'm in the same guild as Kaine so I really don't want to change servers but im lower levels than everyone else so finding it hard to get assistance. Also, shouting LFG in desolace is not good as theres hardly anybody around apart from Allies so I tend to ganked all the time by 3-4 allies which is not fun at all

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Leon
    If are not already part of a WoW guild (and therefore do not alredy have access to help), you're better off creating characters on a new server. This means there will be lots of people in the same situation as you looking for help questing, instancing etc.
    the problem is not finding a guild, hes in one atm. the problem seems to be the lack of people his level willing to move out of there circle of friends and alot of the 60s are ALWAYS in high end instances or battle grounds

BUT i can also see it from the side of being in the same guild and askin a 60 for help, no one minds helping out in the time they have spare but then the problem begins, once you help one of them EVERYSINGLELASTONE of them want help and want it NOW!

I can always spare a good 30 minutes to an hour whiles in the Q for AV but as soon as i agree i get pestered all night so i tend to keep myself to myself atm.

on a side not i wish my damn sig would update ^ ^ neally on 10k total now heh
    Last edited by Kaine (AoD); 23-01-2006 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni
    What the hell does "WTH" mean

Flying prans are the flalalum Veles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ah I had the same problem, was in a huild but was about 10 levels below everyone else. Everyone was pressuring me to level up quick cos I was one of the only priests but none of them would lend a hand. Grinding solo is no fun at all, grinding solo as a priest is horrible. 20 seconds to kill 60 seconds to regain the lost mana.

Ended up at 59 though, but I went to university just before I managed to level up, now I can't play cos of the stupid firewall.

Thinking about when move to my new house about joining back up and starting afresh on a new server. But after I remember some of the horribleness of the game I don't know if I can be bothered. Not for &#163;10 a month. Guild Wars here I come I think.

Thanks
    i have the same problem with being lower than everyone else, im almost lvl44 warlock, the rest of my guild are around 60. im always playing solo, but its not too bad right now...affliction locks own for grinding solo. 0 down time ;o dark pact is great...

altohugh i think i will find affliction pretty boring when i get to 60, and im not really too keen on doing the standard sm/ruin build, but i guess i will play around with them when i get to 60.

hopefully i will get into one of the best guilds (pve) when i get 60, my mate is in them and a decent warlock is always handy to have around!

Thanks
    • Butcher's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8 GB Corsair 1866 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W
      • Case:
      • Big Black Cube!
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
    Nice thing about WoW is you can play around with different specs. I've had getting on for 20 different specs now.

Thanks
    heh, you need to find yourselves a duo buddy, i got myself a priest for questing from level 40 - 60 with my rogue ^ ^ made things alot easier and then at level 45 we found a mage friend non the less a psychotic arcane based mage which didnt like to do much but spam explosion so things picked up quite alot from there

LWA
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine (AoD)
    heh, you need to find yourselves a duo buddy, i got myself a priest for questing from level 40 - 60 with my rogue ^ ^ made things alot easier and then at level 45 we found a mage friend non the less a psychotic arcane based mage which didnt like to do much but spam explosion so things picked up quite alot from there
    Yep totally agree. My priest is currently questing with a fire Mage and we kick ass. Everything dies in double quick time with very little down time

Thanks
    Yeah during open EU beta 3 of us randomly bumped into each other coming out of the tutorial area in the human lands and we played all through beta together. Was great fun, we didn't go through the game very quickly as we only quested when we were all there but it was some of the best fun I've had on that game but we lost touch when the game launched.

I also had a mage friend I quested with at around level 40 but she got fed up of the guild and left I didn't blame her really though.

Thanks
    • nimbu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • M3N78-EMH
      • CPU:
      • AMD 4050e
      • Memory:
      • 4GB (2x2GB) Cosair XMS DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 30GB Samsung SSD : 250GB Seagate ES
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 9800GT
      • PSU:
      • Hyper Type R 550W Modular
      • Case:
      • Antec P180 Mini
    Its kinda a difficult one.

I like to help as it took me ages to get groups together to do lower instances. My guild mates at the time had no lives and thus lvl'd way faster then me.

The downside is, i get tons of whispers when I log on asking for help here and there, and people seem to get offended when you say no.

So ive limited myself a little. New guild takes priority for helping the lowers. If there is no one in guild looking for help, i'll help someone outside the guild. Basic things like WC and SM runs.
    MAIN BOX: 4200+ @2.75 : Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe: XP120 + Papst: 2Gb Mushkin Redline PC4000: 512MB 7950GT: 2x36GB WD Raptors in RAID 0:WD 420GB : NEC DVDR/RW: All Wrapped up in a Antec P180

Thanks
    kinda makes me sound like a total ass what i say now that i HATE helping lower levels now... i dont see why you would WANT a higher level to help out, if i have a higher level helping me i feel as if im gettin nowhere... =\ no exp per kill SUCKS... its the exp you get per kill that levels you faster then anything, i really dont understand

Also people that say "need help with this quest, its for level 36 and im only level 30..."

well.. that means its not a quest that you are ment to do til you are the correct level =\ level a bit more and you can easily solo it...

never mind hey, i help out my guildies if they /w me and im not doing anything but im normally in Av, AB or WSG if not there im grinding money/rune cloth/drops

Huggable
    Thanks
    • Starburn's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Epox 9NPA+
      • CPU:
      • A64 4000+ (@ 12x210)
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gig Corsair XMS Pro (DDR400 @ 420)
      • Storage:
      • 2x80gig Raid0 & 1x200gig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon X1800XT (above stock)
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R Modular (580W)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Wave
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" TFT & 50" TV (for games)
      • Internet:
      • Be 24mb
    I pretty much solo ground all the way to 60

Didn't bother with questing much.

~35-42 ish I ground pretty quick as I wanted my mount, did that with a druid healing me whilst IAE spamming the murlocks in DWM
    We cannot choose what we are.. but what are we but the sum of our choices?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Starburn
    I pretty much solo ground all the way to 60

Didn't bother with questing much.

~35-42 ish I ground pretty quick as I wanted my mount
    Same here really, I found at level 30-40 the instances didn't give my much XP so I just ground my way up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine (AoD)
    kinda makes me sound like a total ass what i say now that i HATE helping lower levels now... i dont see why you would WANT a higher level to help out, if i have a higher level helping me i feel as if im gettin nowhere... =\ no exp per kill SUCKS... its the exp you get per kill that levels you faster then anything, i really dont understand
    Same here, and I'm a carebear. I like giving help to people who are starting out to show them where to get quests from and tell them any items they should keep hold of and what proffs are good. But I did prefer the game being a challenge, when a high level came to help me in the lower level instances I got pretty bored (same when you go on a high level instance raid).

I don't know about you guys but I think the best bit of the game is learning about how to play it while playing. Finding out new stuff that makes you go 'oooo thats cool I didn't know you could do that' is always a good thing.

Thanks
    WoW is definitly the worlds biggest single player MMORPG.

Ive lost count of the number of times Ive needed help with such and such quest asked my guild for help and encountered "THE WALL OF SILENCE" umpteen people online many of them standing round in Orgrimmar, many other collecting herbs or something.

Then there is the common response you can get when you ask somebody directly of "But there is nothing I need there", gee thanks, Ill remind of you that next time you want healing and Im low on mana coz I didnt do that quest I needed help with to get my better staff/robe/off hand flower.

The fact 90% of people couldnt get a rats arse about helping others really does get to me sometimes but I still keep playing and Im not sure why.

Thanks
    Alas, I remember the days when there was a guild only too eager to help its fellow members...The Guild of love...you know who you are
    R.I.P The Hexus Horde

Ah looking through the screenies has brung on a touch of nostalgia
    Last edited by Rhyth; 28-01-2006 at 09:48 AM.
    Rhyth is selling:
    Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 XR Di ll LD Aspherical (IF) £230 +pp
    Canon 50mm 1.8 II £50 +pp
    Proven good copies.

Those who look out dream, those who look inward, awake. Jung

LWA
    Thanks
    Dammit I'm not there

/runs off and cries

Thanks
    Dammit I'm not there

/runs off and cries
    Lol, it's funny you should say that, as I was looking for one that included you and Impy, but twas a quick scan of all my screenies this morning before work.

Maybe I'll dig one out with our mighty leader: Thor the great, son of Thorgar, ruler of the Hexus Horde!
    Rhyth is selling:
    Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 XR Di ll LD Aspherical (IF) £230 +pp
    Canon 50mm 1.8 II £50 +pp
    Proven good copies.

Those who look out dream, those who look inward, awake. Jung

Page 30 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1020272829303132334050607080 ... LastLast

Thread Information