Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Joystick?

Thanks

Which Joystick?

Want to get into this IL2/LOMAC stuff, so recommend me a joystick please . I've heard the Cyborg 3D Gold sticks are pretty good? Is force feedback helpful at all or is it more of a gimmick?

Thanks

Thanks
    I personally cant get on with FFB joysticks, I do have the 3D Gold tho and its a nice stick, no too many buttons so u dont get confused (Clingy) has a hat n throttle n rubber on it which is all good

Thanks
    Anyone else got a preference?

Thanks
    converse to Trig's opinion (which is wrong btw ) I love me FFB and was like a fish out of water without it at the LAN, which is why I was worse than usual I got the Cyborg 3D Force stick - and frankly it's brilliant. Only drawback is that if you forget the power supply, u aint gonna find antother one to power it in a hurry - takes 24V DC But... a word of caution, if you do go down the FFB route, make sure you don't get the "rumble" force stick - it's pants. Not enough buttons, (you need as many as you can get your mitts on), no rudder twist (non-essential until you try to land without one and realise how much you actually do use it), and it's not proper force feedback either... it just shakes and rumbles like a PS2 gamepad. Not especially helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Hat
    Thanks
    well... I just bought the cyborg 3d platinum.... ( non ffb)...

Peachy to fly with.. all the buttons you need,., and configurable for different shaped hands and left handed users... . Only slight grumble is that even with the hand rest in the highest position.. and the fire buttons at the steepest angle.. my right thumb aches quite a bit from using the 8 way POV hat...

But.. i am seeming to hit a LOT more things than i was doing with my old JS.. over all .. Im pretty happy for 30 smackers

Thanks
    Yeah thats what I used at the LAN after forgetting the power supply for my ffb stick. Was actually quite interesting to see what it was like without the ffb, and I have to say that it felt icky... although having said that, if I had never used the ffb it would have felt lovely, cos it is a good stick. If i had to make a perfect controller, it would have the Platinum's customisable everything and the ffb in my current weapon of choice. The Platinum also has one more button than the force stick, but it's in a nasty awkward place - right uder the throttle, which is difficult to get at if you're at 0% throttle and need to hit that button.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Thanks
    How can my opinion be wrong?

Bloody foreigners...

Thanks
    X45 is the way forward. Means you never have to touch the keyboard again... except to throw it through the screen in frustration.

Its not what you want if you HAVE to have FFB, but the game gives you plenty of visual and aural cues as to when a plane is about to stall etc.

I've modded mine with a few cable ties on the spring at the base of the stick as I found it too stiff. Being married, my right arm muscles arent nearly as well developed as Trigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    I use the arrow keys.....is that wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    Another vote for the cyborg 3d platinum here, top notch stick as long as you don't want ffb

Zoom-Zoom
    Thanks
    The X45 is pretty well priced, and would be Ace for lomac. Personally I like the FFB and Lomac has some very good effects. It certainly helps you feel the limits of the aircraft. I use a Wingman Strike Force 3D. It has two Hat's and plenty of buttons. Also has a scroll wheel.

Registered+
    Thanks

Talking

HOTAS COUGAR, nothing matches or catches these beauties, i have the older FLCS/TQS combination, but i wouldn't even consider buying the Cougar when these things break... i've has my F16's now since 96 and they still feel like new.

The Cougar's are even better solid metal and weigh about 2Kgs each. They are simply the most accurate and beautiful sticks known to man.

www.thrustmaster.co.uk
    Sane: to know when your doing something crazy

slave of the hypnotoad
    Thanks
    I've got a cyborg 3d usb gold, a very fine stick, but the new saitek joystick, the evo, is out now :- http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/cyborg_evo.htm it certainly does look the business!

£28.20 from dabs

Where'd my avator go?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Knoxville
    Another vote for the cyborg 3d platinum here, top notch stick as long as you don't want ffb
    I just had a "play" with this in PC World. Seems a bit fragile. Is it a laster, or am I going to rip it to shreads when the carnage starts?

Thanks
    Mines still alive after ummm, a year n half...

Thanks
    I have a Cyborg 3D gold stick aswell, had it about 4 months, about a month ago the throttle went, it responds very poorly.
    A m8 of mine bought the stick also, something similar happened to the throttle.
    If your up for a mess about now and then, then this stick is for you, reasonable priced and easy to use. Although It does feel rather used after a few months (but that probably depends on the user )
    My bro also has an X45 and this stick is proably the best stick ive seen on the market to date. Full of buttons and very sterdy, build to last. IMO of course

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information