• Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

Excitement online :-)

Last night, while beating Orcs to death in Lineage 2, the ost amazing thing occured!

My screen suddenly went dark crimson red, as though the graphics card was about to expire, and then the virtual world began to tremble.

I was on voice comms with a mate and I literally shouted "Holy sh1t man, my PC's about to blow up, think the graphics cards died!"

But he was bellowing down the tube at me, "Man, my screens gone dark red, and the worlds shaking!! What the f'#; in going on"

It's then that we both read the bottom left corner of the game screen...and the world came back to normal!

Someone in the game world had picked up some kind of uber sword, and from that moment he was a target for the entire world to try to kill!

I have no idea what else it imparts, but it scared the hell outta me! Excellent addition to a cool game....an uber sword that makes you fair game for the rest of the world, that you cant get rid of?

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    I don't play the excuse for a game that is Lineage anymore, but I do admit this feature is quite cool and what it is about. Its a random drop from most higher lvl mobs, and as soon as the mob dies that drops it it gets forcefully equiped, so no waiting around. Its patk and con are very high, in the 10's of thousands, so you 1 shot pretty much every person and mob, while making you a little harder than normal to kill. You get unlimited pk karma so you'll be perma red. You show up on the mini map too. The only way to drop it is to die i think, though most people after finding it don't log on without an army of healers ready to support them, if at all because losing it would be worse than losing a family member.

Apparently every time you kill someone the sword gets stronger, gradually increasing in stats and physical glow.

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Bit like the opening night for AQ in WoW then, 10 hours of epic excitement and thankfully on our young server no server crashes either

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    • Mblaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PK5 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25 SSD + WD 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    Quote Originally Posted by TiG View Post
    Bit like the opening night for AQ in WoW then, 10 hours of epic excitement and thankfully on our young server no server crashes either

TiG
    Ahh, lucky you Our gate opening was a total disaster, mainly due to the fact the guild that got the first septer decided to announce the time when they would open it. There were thousands of people in Silithus and there were multiple server crashes in the 30mins before the announced time. In the end the guy that got the first septer couldn't get to the gates because of the lag, so our septer holder did it. After all the mobs started coming out the place cleared pretty quickly, managed about 30k rep in the end.

Luckly though it's only a 1 off event and pretty sure blizzard will learn from it
    I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am so that's the way it comes out.

Thanks
    I stopped playing lineage way back just after before c2. The grinding for lvl's back then was horrible and i couldn't take it any longer. However i must admit some fo the new features in c5 do look very cool, the sword included .

Thread Information