Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I ask for some words of advice from some of the pro photographers on here please.

Thanks
    • Bobster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte AX370 GAMING K7
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 5600X
      • Memory:
      • G.Skill FlareX 32GB DDR4 3200
      • Storage:
      • 42TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 6700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850X
      • Case:
      • SilverStone TJ05
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG LG 27UD88-W, LG 27 ColourPrime, HP LP2475w
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb

Re: Can I ask for some words of advice from some of the pro photographers on here ple

£200 for RAW files? is like handing over the film (not the done thing unless they are paying mega bucks) - 16bit TIFF is more than enough for anyone to colour correct to be the same as another shoot and why do you need to supply JPEG files too?

also, he has other images on the site? why is he not using the same photographer? unless there's some funky filter used on the previous shots, it shouldn't be too hard to just match it yourself in post..

got a link to the previous stuff? i'm guessing you'll have to match the camera angles etc as well then?

2. Received thanks from:

KeyboardDemon (11-12-2013)

Seriously casual gamer KeyboardDemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    • KeyboardDemon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k + Corsair H80 (Refurbed)
      • Memory:
      • 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengence Red (1866mhz) - (Because it looks good in a black mobo)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 SSD 1TB + 2x 500GB Seagate HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 (Warranty replacement for 780Ti SC ACX)
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750 watt SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • Silverstone RV03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity (40mbs dl/10mbs ul)

Re: Can I ask for some words of advice from some of the pro photographers on here ple

He is relaunching the website, up until now he has been using stock shots from his suppliers so his images are the same as everyone elses that stocks the same products, plus using stock shots he can't show complimentary furnishings and soft furnishings all of which add opportunities to gain extra secondary spend with attachments to the main unit which is why he wants a photographer to start taking photographs of actual installations.

In terms of post production his web designer has said that he would deal with post production for the photographs, which is good for me too, at £200 for the half day shoot, I think I would be losing out if I were to then spend more time editing, colour correcting or balancing the shots and he doesn't have the money to put towards paying me for editing at the moment. But he does have the money for another shoot and has already booked me in.

If it were anyone else I would follow your advise on the tiff side, for him, I'm happy with this arrangement. He is already telling people that he paid me £400 for the half day with a further £400 required for editing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information