Thread: Canon HV10 - 'world's smallest HDV 1080i camcorder'

Thanks

Canon HV10 - 'world's smallest HDV 1080i camcorder'

The mini flood of consumer and prosumer high-definition camcorders due before Christmas continues unabated. Canon Europe has announced that it's set to launch in September its first HDV model targeted at non-pros, the HV10, and claims that it will be the world's smallest HDV1080i camcorder.

Maddeningly, the anticipated UK street price is £1,299, while the figure for the USA (would you Adam and Eve it?) is, yes, $1,299.

More in this HEXUS.lifestyle.headline.

Thanks

Cool Canon HV10 Comments

So far, so good - bought one recently, the quality of the images are superb. I should comment that HD quality (more correctly HDV, but let's not argue) doesn't mean it handles exposure values, etc. any differently that SD. I shot a 15 minute segment of kite surfing (lots of action) while standing on the beach - the sun was slightly behind me with clear skies, lots of wind. My results: I should have used a polarizing filter as I would have with SD, very tough to capture big surf, bright sky, and mostly small surfers with lots of reflections from the water and surf. The wind noise was unmanageable despite the built-in wind filter but that's no problem, I always add my own sound and delete the original audio when editing.

Editing is tricky, by the way, I use FCP5 - if anyone is interested, just reply and I'll supply some of the details - not as described in the manuals.

BarryG

Thread Information