I have had a new TX650 running on my new system OK for a couple of months. It failed "dead" during a 2 hr
video editing session....usual paper clip test to activate fails too Ok, so I downloaded the warranty claim form: BUT there is a field which DEMANDS a valid Part Number or it wont proceed past this page.
BUT : THERE IS NO PART NUMBER TO BE FOUND EITHER ON THE BOX or THE PSU CASE!!! Just a Model Number which is not accepted. I have tried EVERY bar code number, type number and even the little "Q35DOxxxxxx" silk xscreened on the case at bottom of sticker, but all to no avail
THE WARRANTY REGISTRATION DOES NOT PROCEED AS IT DOES NOT RECOGNISE THE (NON EXISTANT) P/N
REQUIRED BY IT
I have made many atempts over last few weeks attempting to contact CORSAIR over this without success
and found this site by accident. I am very angry as I spent over $2k on brand new upmarket system components for a video editing contract which I nearly lost (and may still lose) over the inability to deliver due to this failure
I have had to buy a chep PSU to go on with (which runs fine thus far). When the TX650 failed I had another cheap 5 yo PC running off the same line converting tapes to mpg video at the same time and that didnt fail, so it was not due to line disturbances Also the PC is well ventilated and reliably constructed (I have been building my own PC systems for years and am a qualified EE)
I got the CORSAIR as it had a "good" name in the press and I needed RELIABILITY. Corsair has not came up to scratch on this and I think I can now be excused for believing they have no intenstion of honoring warranty through this sort of obfuscation either
Fed up with Corsair
John