Thread: Corsair PSU advice needed

Registered+
    Thanks

Corsair PSU advice needed

Hello,

I'm thinking of ordering a 980Ti, but I'm wondering if my Corsair CX750M PSU will be good enough?

I've done some searching and it seems that the 750W will be enough, but I've heard that the the quality of the actual PSU isn't too good (the CX750 in particular, not Corsair PSUs in general) and that if it goes down it might take other components with it as well.

So I'm not sure if I should upgrade or I should be fine with the CX750M?

Thanks.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Re: Corsair PSU advice needed

Well, to be completely honest, yes, the CX750M is more than enough to support that card. BUT, keep in mind that the CX line is mainly for basic build with no overclocking or what so ever. So if you are going to keep everything stock (CPU and GPU), then most likely, you'll be fine. Just don't get freaky with the voltage and you'll be straight.

CX PSU is obviously not our best PSU, but its far from being the worst in its category. And if for some odd reason, it decided to quit on you, it's highly unlikely that it will take out other components in your system. The CX does have built in protection to avoid further damage in case of failure. So I wouldn't really worry about that part.

Registered+
    Thanks

Thank you very much for the reply. The 980 Ti should be arriving tomorrow or Saturday, and I decided to stick with the current PSU. I'm not an overclocker, so I guess I should be fine. Thanks for reassuring the PSU wouldn't take down other components.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Oh cool yeah, you'll be fine. If you have other questions and such, feel free to contact me anytime.

Thread Information