Hi all,

Long time lurker first time thread starter.

I've got an original Corsair AX860 (not the i) which has been serving me well for the past 7, nearly 8 years.
It's been the only thing I haven't changed in my PC as I'm a tight ass and don't want to buy a new one and new sleeved cables...

A couple of weeks ago I was playing a game (Satisfactory) when my entire PC shut down (almost as if it hit OCP or something) and my GPU fans hit 100% and sat there, I sat there with my heart in my throat contemplating my existence.
There was an electrical burning smell emanating from my case however as it was fully enclosed, I couldn't pinpoint the source of the smell.

I switched my PC off by the PSU switch and left it a minute to allow power to drain from the caps etc.
Then, with very clenched buttox, I flicked it back on and powered up expecting all 2 grand's worth of PC to be dead jim... and it powered up absolutely fine...???

*touch wood* - It's been 3 weeks now and I've had no other problems??

Any ideas what may have caused that bizarre shutdown and smell, especially as it worked fine immediately after?

I'm looking into a new PSU at the moment out of necessity (New Corsair AX850) however am curious as to what had a hiccup?

Thanks