• Cooler Master HAFX 942
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" samsung SyncMaster 223bw
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100mb

Full Watercooling setup?

Hi all im looking at watercooling my full system and would like some recommendations from experienced people, i am certainly no noob when it comes to PC's (ive been building and repairing them for over 15 years) but i have never delved into a full watercooling loop, the only watercooling i have experience with is the Corsair H100, although i am happy with the H100 i would like my full system watercooled, my system is in my siggy if you would like the full spec, any help is grateful

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

Re: Full Watercooling setup?

How much do you want to spend? I assume you're looking to watercool the GPU,CPU ? Anything else? You could watercool the motherboard aswell but personally I dont see the need to.
    How long do you plan to keep you gtx560s? If you plan to keep them for a short while (less than a year or 2) I would suggest getting universal GPU blocks which work with most GPUs that way when you upgrade you can take them with you! Ek Supremacy is the successor to the EK Supreme HF VGA which is very good, can be had for <£40 then grab some ram, vrm sinks which will set you back around £5 for each set so you're looking at £50 per gpu.

for the cpu I assume its an i5 2500k, pretty low power and the gtx560s what clocks do you have them running at? I would say a 360mm rad is enough something like the XSPC RX360.
    What do you want from watercooling? High overclocking performance or silence? If you want silence then i would recommend the RX360 radiator as its the best performer with low rpm fans (still great with high rpm fans), for pure performance then something like the Hardware Labs Black Ice® GT Xtreme will be better. Skinneelabs is a great place for information .

I believe your case supports a 360mm radiator at the top so should be ok . If the Rx360 is to thick then there is the new XSPC AX360 which is the best slimline radiator out (almost matches the RX i think).
    Ill hopefully make a more concise post when you post back a few more details .
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

3. Received thanks from:

carvedeye (16-04-2013)

Thanks
    • carvedeye's system
      • Motherboard:
      • AsRock Z69 Extreme4 Gen3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3.3ghz @4.8 ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8 gig (2 x 4 gig) Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 3 x 1 tb, 1 x 320 gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 780 Lightning LE 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Hyper Type R 850 watt
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAFX 942
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" samsung SyncMaster 223bw
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100mb

Re: Full Watercooling setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks12 View Post
    How much do you want to spend? I assume you're looking to watercool the GPU,CPU ? Anything else? You could watercool the motherboard aswell but personally I dont see the need to.
    How long do you plan to keep you gtx560s? If you plan to keep them for a short while (less than a year or 2) I would suggest getting universal GPU blocks which work with most GPUs that way when you upgrade you can take them with you! Ek Supremacy is the successor to the EK Supreme HF VGA which is very good, can be had for <£40 then grab some ram, vrm sinks which will set you back around £5 for each set so you're looking at £50 per gpu.

for the cpu I assume its an i5 2500k, pretty low power and the gtx560s what clocks do you have them running at? I would say a 360mm rad is enough something like the XSPC RX360.
    What do you want from watercooling? High overclocking performance or silence? If you want silence then i would recommend the RX360 radiator as its the best performer with low rpm fans (still great with high rpm fans), for pure performance then something like the Hardware Labs Black Ice® GT Xtreme will be better. Skinneelabs is a great place for information .

I believe your case supports a 360mm radiator at the top so should be ok . If the Rx360 is to thick then there is the new XSPC AX360 which is the best slimline radiator out (almost matches the RX i think).
    Ill hopefully make a more concise post when you post back a few more details .
    Thats brilliant Hicks12 once i get the funds for this i will do a build log to go with it
    Case:Coolermaster HAF X 942 - Motherboard:AsRock z68 Extreme4 Gen3
    CPU:i5 2500k @ 4.8 ghz - Cooler:Corsair H100
    GFX:MSI GTX 780 Lightning LE 3gb - RAM:8 gig Corsair Vengeance 1600MHZ

Thread Information