Thread: Thinking about buying a Gaming Laptop for Motion Graphics and Video Editing.

Thanks
    • mikespnj's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel Duo Core 2
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 3.5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Home Premium 64Bit
      • Internet:
      • Cable

Thinking about buying a Gaming Laptop for Motion Graphics and Video Editing.

Hi my name is Mike, I've been editing Photos and video for quite sometime now and usually I'd just max out whatever laptop I had so it would perform faster and handle my workflow. I refuse to spend insane amounts of money of Apple products half of which wont be what I want "Spec Wise". I've done a bit of research and have been finding that gaming laptops have all of the power, ramm and storage I need. My current setup is an HP G70 4GB of Ramm, 320GB HD@7200Rpm Intel Core Duo Processor and I'm running Adobe Master Collection CS4. Any Suggestions as to what would suite my needs? I'm thinking of going custom Desktop but I really would like something I can use on the go that would have the same power and capability that any custom Desktop can handle. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Thinking about buying a Gaming Laptop for Motion Graphics and Video Editing.

To be honest you will not find any laptop that provides the same power as a desktop full stop. An Apple laptop at £1000 for sure is expensive but is regarded as the best for a reason. If that is out of your price budget then providing you know your specification for minimum requirements then I'm not sure how else we can help? If you want recommendations then provide the specs you're looking at.

Quite frankly anything with 6GB or more Ram, a core i5 processor and the highest GPU you can afford will stand you in best stead for what you're looking to do, certainly though you are in the right neck of the woods looking at gaming laptops, let me know your budget and minimum requirements and I will happily help further

Registered+
    Thanks
    • SniprUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte 970A-DS3P Rev 2
      • CPU:
      • AMD 4300 4 Core @ 4.1Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair Value 1333Mhz DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Segate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 6670
      • PSU:
      • 550Watt (Brand not worth mentioning)
      • Case:
      • AvP Defender 400 K2 USB 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Monitor 1: AOC E960SDA; Monitor 2: Not worth mentioning
      • Internet:
      • 60Mbps Virgin Media Unlimited

Re: Thinking about buying a Gaming Laptop for Motion Graphics and Video Editing.

For that kind of area you would need to go with something like the Razer Blade. Though, this is incredibly expensive and a desktop at the same price would outpace it hugely. If you NEED a laptop go with the Blade. In this case, I would always recommend a desktop over a laptop.

Thread Information