Thread: Opinions Wanted - One Off Deal

Thanks

Opinions Wanted - One Off Deal

Just spotted this in a local shop, it's a one off basic i5 build for another customer which was cancelled.

Part of the problem is that at present I don't know a lot of the details. I can head back into the shop tomorrow for a closer look. However, on the face of it this machine may meet a need for a new basic home PC to upgrade from the current one. I was planning on something simple to keep the price down, as low as possible, but wanted to try and get a quicker CPU in there, maybe a basic GFX card, which this has.

Case - Antec - not sure of the exact model. Looks very similar to the VSK4000E but I can't confirm that yet.
    PSU - Antec (380W)
    Mobo - ASUS, model unknown - Max. 16GB RAM, will be running the on-board sound and 2x USB 3.0 on the back
    CPU - Intel i5 3330
    HDD - 500GB - Unknown make and model.
    GFX - AMD Radeon 6450
    RAM - 4GB unknown make, model, speed.

OS - Windows 8.1 Home - which is fine.

Price - £390.

I know this is vague, but if you have any opinions they would be appreciated!

Thanks!

G.
    Last edited by Galant; 11-04-2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Mobo updated
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks
    • Goobley's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus H81I-Plus
      • CPU:
      • i3 4130
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blue
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Caviar Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 270 Gaming
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 500B
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Elite 120
      • Operating System:
      • Linux Arch/Mint/Windows 7 Ult. 64bit/OS X
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" iiyama IPS
      • Internet:
      • Meh

Re: Opinions Wanted - One Off Deal

A basic home PC? This is more than you'd need, it's a pretty good price too, and I highly doubt that i5 would need upgrading unless someone is heavily into productivity apps. If you need more graphics then you've lost ~£30 on that card so no biggie. If the PSU is solid (I believe all the antecs are) then it sounds like a good choice.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Opinions Wanted - One Off Deal

You can build a 'basic' home PC to include a monitor for a similar price, which would include the use of an APU that would be ideal for 'basic tasks'. If you want to play games at decent settings though you may wish to consider something more powerful. Baring in mind I sold a decent used gaming rig with an i5 3570k and 7950 for £65 more than this just a week or so ago - this doesn't make this deal very appealing.

Thread Information